• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Security remove TD from Dáil

Little_Korean

Just when I thought Dáil debates couldn't get anymore rough n' tumble:

When Mr Barrett told Mr MacLochlainn to sit down and he refused to do and the Ceann Comhairle shouted at him to “get out”.

The TD again refused to leave and a vote was taken to remove him from the House. Afterwards the Donegal North East TD remained seated and the House was suspended for 15 minutes.

When it returned Mr MacLochlainn again refused to leave and the House was suspended for a further 30 minutes. The Dáil voted to suspend Mr MacLochlainn from service for three working days.
The Evening Echo goes further in saying how MacLochlainn was ejected by security:

He finally left before Dáil security were forced to remove him.
Anyone know of any other cases of a TD being forcibly removed from the Dáil?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

The Evening Echo goes further in saying how MacLochlainn was ejected by security:

Shows a man with passion and commitment unlike the rest of them who are happy to be dummy's sitting on the benches getting their huge slaries and waiting for their pensions.

L'Chaim

Shows a man playing to the gallery

slippy wicket

What a populist gowl.

You'd know his sort were only dragged up.

Little_Korean

Having seen MacLochlainn before in TV debates, can't say I'm surprised he ended up gettting suspended. Always chomping on the bit.

dizillusioned

Can we just not ask security to eject the rest of them and maybe the country would start working again?

feet first

MacLochlainn,, Shows utter contempt for our national assembly, like Sinn fein , he shows respect for no one else only his own party.
Donegal has highest unemployment in the country, yet this moron decides to have a sit in over Dail procedure, yea, this should bring plenty of jobs to Donegal.

Rocky

He'll be delighted anyway.

Gets his name into the paper and that's all these lads care about. And that's one of the great problems with our system, success isn't working to solve a problem, it's getting your name in the paper for doing the complete opposite. I don't know how anyone can be bothered.

Lain2016

Fair play to Padraig, a genuine leader who wants to change the corruption of FF/FG/Lab elitilism.

The Owl

The whole bloody government, and the eFFers should be removed from the Dáil. I think Joe Sherlock was back in the day when he punched an eFFer. Can't remember the punchee's name.

FrankSpeaks

This man has no respect, he must obey Oireachtas rules or else it will descend into a free-for-all. IMHO he is a first class idiot.

Expect to see the SF bots to be along shortly to defend him.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Crazy horse 6

A patriot unlike the labour scum who signed off on a budget that targeted the people they are meant to be protecting. Fair play to him.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

L'Chaim

He'll be delighted anyway.

Gets his name into the paper and that's all these lads care about. And that's one of the great problems with our system, success isn't working to solve a problem, it's getting your name in the paper for doing the complete opposite. I don't know how anyone can be bothered.
Exactly! You'd wonder who their role models are? Models being the operative word here. They seem to follow the trend of models and would-be models of trying to get their names and pictures in the papers as often as possible. You know the type I mean.......the ones who back 'rights' campaigns like "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" and then when they need a fix of publicity they model fur coats (see Naomi Campbell) :)

Now the question I have is - with all the wonderful 'freedom fighter' role models that SF can choose from, why do they have to look to the 'Glenda Gilson' style model antics to gain their inspiration for getting into the papers? :)

# Note that this is not a slight on the lovely Glenda. It's her job to get into the papers :)

Last edited:

eyelight

This man has no respect, he must obey Oireachtas rules or else it will descend into a free-for-all. IMHO he is a first class idiot.

Expect to see the SF bots to be along shortly to defend him.
He's SF?
Shouldn't be let into the Dáil in the first place.