• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Senator Billy Fox

Deep Throat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Fox

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in history of the "republican" movement.

My question is to the so-called Sinn Fein/IRA supporters of this site, are you embarrassed by your movement's involvement in the murder of Senator Billy Fox?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's a FG scumbag, a black Prod, or a free-state bastard......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.

Was he a target? A case of mistaken identity? An accident? What are the real facts behind the case? There is very little information about it in the linked article.

Yes, there is a difference between shooting a guy because some idiot has sweaty hands and deliberately targeting and shooting a guy dead because you feel that he has wronged you in some way. The difference is in intent not in result.

So, yes I am for real. I`m on for finding about the full facts of the case. So if you have them or think you have them I`d be interested in hearing them.

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Deep Throat said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Fox

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in history of the "republican" movement.

My question is to the so-called Sinn Fein/IRA supporters of this site, are you embarrassed by your movement's involvement in the murder of Senator Billy Fox?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's a FG scumbag, a black Prod, or a free-state bastard......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.
Was it not the OIRA that killed Fox.

kintama

Indeed it was the Official IRA so the resident Trolls questions would be best put to the current leader of the Labour Party who would be more likely to have an insight into the affair than the current SF leader.

jerryp

Around this time many people facing trial for " republican " crime refused to account for their movements in court on the grounds that they were involved with married women ( not their own wives ) and didn't want to sully the womens' reputation. If the " boys " were to be believed, them border country women were something else !

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com
kintama said:
Indeed it was the Official IRA so the resident Trolls questions would be best put to the current leader of the Labour Party who would be more likely to have an insight into the affair than the current SF leader.
Are you sure? I thought it was PIRA, and the wiki link mentioned says it was. First few googled sites I found all attributed it to either PIRA or IRA

dotski_w_

Website
dotski_w_ said:
kintama said:
Are you sure? I thought it was PIRA, and the wiki link mentioned says it was. First few googled sites I found all attributed it to either PIRA or IRA
Sean Kinsella was convicted of the killing, and he is referred to as IRA in provie sites, so presumably he was PIRA (unless he left the stickies later, but I can't find mention of that anywhere).

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
dotski_w_ said:
[quote="dotski_w_":2kdamnh3]
kintama said:
Sean Kinsella was convicted of the killing, and he is referred to as IRA in provie sites, so presumably he was PIRA (unless he left the stickies later, but I can't find mention of that anywhere).[/quote:2kdamnh3]

It was the OIRA, they killed two senators during there time, one in the north and Fox in the south.

dotski_w_

Website
padraig said:
dotski_w_ said:
[quote="dotski_w_":1ug6nfn9]
kintama said:
Sean Kinsella was convicted of the killing, and he is referred to as IRA in provie sites, so presumably he was PIRA (unless he left the stickies later, but I can't find mention of that anywhere).
It was the OIRA, they killed two senators during there time, one in the north and Fox in the south.[/quote:1ug6nfn9]

so was the conviction of 5 PIRA volunteers a miscarriage of justice, then?

(not trolling, honest question, as both RTE and BBC websites seem to think they were PIRA members)

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Insider2007 said:
It is universally accepted to have been the Provos.
The provos were initialy blamed for the killing of the senator in the north as well, the stickies even issued a statement blaming the provos for carrying out a sectarian killing, only for an hour later when the OIRA issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
padraig said:
Insider2007 said:
The provos were initialy blamed for the killing of the senator in the north as well, the stickies even issued a statement blaming the provos for carrying out a sectarian killing, only for an hour later when the OIRA issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack.
Who was that?

padraig

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Slartibuckfast said:
padraig said:
Insider2007 said:
Who was that?
Senator Barnhill, member of the Northern Ireland Senate, shot and killed when he tried to prevent the OIRA blowing up his home in Strabane, Co Tyrone.

Insider2007

padraig said:
Slartibuckfast said:
padraig said:
Insider2007 said:
Who was that?
Senator Barnhill, member of the Northern Ireland Senate, shot and killed when he tried to prevent the OIRA blowing up his home in Strabane, Co Tyrone.
Disgraceful, isn't it, that someone should be so ungrateful as to try to stop someone blowing up their home. He should have been honoured at the 'army' thought him so important, and should have said 'here, boys, I'll help ye.'

Remind us again, how exactly blowing up a senator's house was intended to bring forward Irish unity? And how the murder of a senator helped bring about unity as well?

- Cue the 'it was the other IRA' excuse'. :roll:

btw Billy Fox's murder had nothing to do with Senator Barnwell. Senator Fox was murdered by the PIRA because he was a protestant senator who got the way of the PIRA's targeting of protestants. They chased him across a field before murdering him, if I remember correctly.