Rich OC

Website
www.twitter.com
jmcc said:
Rich OC said:
:shock: :? There was an internet in 1974 :?: :shock:
Yes. But it was very different then.

Regards...jmcc
I heard that there was a time that you sent emails on paper, and used something called a pen (a keyboard with liquid in it I think). I thought it was a myth :shock:

Limerick Lad

From a source that cannot be edited to suit an individual's political agenda. Seems it was the PIRA who murdered Senator Billy Fox after all.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/1099677.html

"Senator Billy Fox was murdered at Tircooney, near Clones on March 11th 1974. Five men, members of the Provisional IRA, were sentenced to life for the killing."

funferal

Website
funferal.org
padraig said:
funferal said:
I see Padraig has now edited wikipedia to match his version of reality (and removed the sourcing flags on the article) - even though it differs from sources such as the CAIN database.

Ah, wiki edit wars....
I provided a link to Tim Pat Coogans book, as the article was tagged as needing a source, no sources were given in the article prior to that.
True, you added the source. 14 minutes earlier you also replaced all PIRA references with OIRA.

Adding sources adds to the wikipedia project. Your first edit is problematic because:
- you omit the summary of your edit, as is proper wikipedia policy when the change is substantive rather than a minor edit.
- you change the text to support your stance in a current argument (here) in which you are an active participant, without bringing that to the attention of those with whom you are debating.

I have now edited the page again, this time to note that it was Republican paramilitaries, that PIRA members were convicted, and to note that some people claim it was actually the OIRA that was responsible.

Slartibuckfast

Website
www.5wwwww5.com
Whoever done it it was a ****ing disgrace. And disgusting enough without that troll halfwit Insider making up stuff for whatever reason.

the king

Slartibuckfast said:
Whoever done it it was a ****ing disgrace. And disgusting enough without that troll halfwit Insider making up stuff for whatever reason.
Murdering feckwits :evil:

Tomas Mor

Maybe now that Adams is a member of the Oireachtas himself, he will apologise for the IRA murder of Seanator Billy Fox, an ex TD also. Five Provies did long sentences for this dreadful killing.

RahenyFG

Billy Fox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This gives a brief insight into one of the most disgraceful, embarrassing moments in history of the "republican" movement.

My question is to the so-called Sinn Fein/IRA supporters of this site, are you embarrassed by your movement's involvement in the murder of Senator Billy Fox?

BTW I'm not trolling, i just want to see what is people's genuine opinion on this. So if you think he's a FG scumbag, a black Prod, or a free-state bastard......come out with it, as am not going to argue back as i just want honest opinions on this case.
He was quite a republican character in Fine Gael from what I heard even tho he was a Protestant.

Tomas Mor

He was quite a republican character in Fine Gael from what I heard even tho he was a Protestant.
Yes he was, and took up the cudgels a few times about the British Army crossing the border a few times illegally.
To make matters worse the despicable Neil T. Blaney alleged in the Dail after he was shot that Fox was a B Special, which was total lies.

former wesleyan

I see some scumbag has been at his Wiki page.

men in March 1974. The Provisional IRA was believed to be responsible for the murder[1] though the Ulster Defence Association claimed responsibility. The Provisional IRA denied they were in any way involved in the attack and extended sympathy to the family of Mr.Fox. [2][3]
Contents

Responsibility for the killing was claimed by the Ulster Defence Association who claimed that Senator Fox had links to the Provisional IRA. Both claims were generally dismissed as untrue,[4] as was the IRA claim that Senator Fox was murdered by "a killer squad" made up of former members of the Northern Ireland security forces who were being directed by British army officers.
Author Tim Pat Coogan however suggests that it was the Official Irish Republican Army that was actually responsible.[6][7]

1974, Page Five. "Irish Senator Killed - Protestant Extremists claim Responsibility"
Such lovely people to be looking for a United Ireland.

Tomas Mor

I see some scumbag has been at his Wiki page.

Wiki badly exposed here. Five members of the Provisional IRA were sentenced to life for his murder. Shows the depths of depravity which some camp followers will go to to evedn rewrite historical facts.

Such lovely people to be looking for a United Ireland.

Tomas Mor

Always a problem being protestant in the 26.

Prods living near the border were often accused of crossing over at night and doing B special work. It was just another way of hounding and isolating them.

former wesleyan

Prods living near the border were often accused of crossing over at night and doing B special work. It was just another way of hounding and isolating them.
Some did. And some who were involved in big events like the attack on Brookborough barracks were brought into the North and resettled.

Tomas Mor

Some did. And some who were involved in big events like the attack on Brookborough barracks were brought into the North and resettled.

It was just one RUC sergeant that shot back on an IRA attack on Brookeborough barracks. Can you provide proof or links of what you allege. I lived near the border and never heard of that.

Popular Threads

Most Replies