Senator Brian O'Domhnaill quits FF Parliamentary Party

ruserious

Has a file been sent to the DPP? If not, why not.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Has a file been sent to the DPP? If not, why not.
think its up to the councils to act
5.14 As there has been no repayment of the expenses incorrectly claimed by Senator Ó Domhnaill and notwithstanding that it is open to him to make such a repayment, it is a matter for Donegal County Council and/or Údarás na Gaeltachta to take the appropriate steps to recoup the moneys involved.​
Findings and Determinations - Standards in Public Office Commission

ger12

I was very surprised at the finding against him having closely followed that last hearing.

It smells.

ger12

PeaceGoalie

He plans to remain a member of the political organisation, but considers it inappropriate to remain in the Oireachtas grouping, following the release of adverse findings against him by SIPO. It is reported, however, that the party's Rules and Practices Committee will rule on his status:

Ó Domhnaill éirithe as páirtí parlaiminte FF i ndiaidh cruinniú le haoire an pháirtí | Tuairisc.ie
Very sinister and putting it in Irish too. Kinda sad he got saddled with going to Dundalk. The late Tony Gregory never missed an overseas junkey. No Dundalk Harp or McArdles for him

ruserious

ger12

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
He was appointed by Bertie - he comes from sheep shagging mafia stock

He will still be a solid FF vote

Don't worry ... we've put the sheep of Donegal on high alert - as it is obvious he's going to have to be re-quartered there

cyp

blokesbloke

Just how low does one have to be to be forced to resign from FF on the grounds of lack of standards in public life?

ger12

The abuse of power and abiding public trust is more what I was thinking. The sums are irrelevant.
He missed the free Guinness and oysters and a dinner on a tall ship at one conference to attend another meeting.

I don't think this adds up.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Just how low does one have to be to be forced to resign from FF on the grounds of lack of standards in public life?
Bertie had Liam Lawlor as Vice Chair of the Oireachtas ethics committee

Enda put Maria Bailey Chair , here's her background https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bailey_(Irish_politician)
On 23 May 2007, the eve of the general election in Ireland, Bailey circulated a letter purporting to be an official missive from the Fine Gael party, advising party supporters to vote No 1 for Bailey for vote management reasons. The letter was headed with a photo of the party leader, Enda Kenny. This action was subsequently criticised by his running mate, Eugene Regan who called the letter 'entirely dishonest'.
. The Sunday Business Post and Sunday Tribune both reported that Bailey and his daughter had received financial donations towards their election campaigns from the builders and the estate agents of the Golf Club development. Bailey assured the public that the donations had no bearing on his failure to object to the development.
The Irish Times reported in August, 2010 that Bailey had received donations from a local developer...
...Fake newspaper endorsement
cyp

ticketyboo

He plans to remain a member of the political organisation, but considers it inappropriate to remain in the Oireachtas grouping, following the release of adverse findings against him by SIPO. It is reported, however, that the party's Rules and Practices Committee will rule on his status:

Ó Domhnaill éirithe as páirtí parlaiminte FF i ndiaidh cruinniú le haoire an pháirtí | Tuairisc.ie
Couple of things......apparently some €350,000 was the cost to the taxpayer in reaching its conclusion.....
O'Dohmnaill said that he was "as honest as he could be" in regard to his expenses claims, which as just as acutely ironic a phrase I have witnessed as a man being hung by his own mendacity.....
Meanwhile the pompous little man who was known in some quarters up here as the wee Taioseach owing to his own preening self importance remains in the Seanad...it is probably unlikely that either DCC or Udáras will seek to have the money repaid or that he will face criminal charges, and the sums he was accused of...the ones in which findings WERE made against him are paltry....
I've heard of the principle of vexatious complaint, but if there were indeed justice then it would be nice to have a finding of vexatious defence in relation to the €350,000 cost.....maybe that might put manners on the wee bollix because of his hubris....

New Threads

Most Replies