Senator Catherine Noone - a shameless publicity addict?

Degeneration X

So, Senator Catherine Noone has gotten a lot of opprobrium in the media lately for appearing at anything much at all even the opening of an envelope. Her recent appearance at a gangland crime meeting in Coolock has highlighted the issue as locals find her antics increasingly distasteful and crass, especially given the Senator has no connection with the area and her Seanad panel position doesn't seem to include this in her remitt. The question must be asked is she now a mere publicity addict who can't stay away from a cameraman no matter how cheap and ridiculous it makes her appear.

She initally felt criticism directed toward her was just political opponents having a go before admitting it was just as it appeared to be: a mere electioneering exercise.

"One person wrote online; "You're trying to get elected in Dublin Bay North. You wouldn't have gone to this event otherwise."

The Senator replied; "I don’t deny that for a second.""

Also it must be asked if this is doing anything at all to help her ailing career - she was badly mauled in the last General Election and looks set to get another red card from the voters in the next. Is she deluded or just a busy idiot?

wombat

I guess it worked, first the Indo, then Phoenix, now a thread on P.ie, she has it made.

Round tower

Her oponents in the consticuency are complaining that they could not get the same opportunity of attending the event for electioneering purposes because they were not invited

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
only the minister of justice should have gone, the department of justice shouldn't allow itself to be used for politician gain, its nearly as bad that Bruton and Finian we're there

Last edited:

Degeneration X

Her oponents in the consticuency are complaining that they could not get the same opportunity of attending the event for electioneering purposes because they were not invited
To be fair her opponents actually live in the area and have been elected by the people in it Senator No One has not.

Round tower

To be fair her opponents actually live in the area and have been elected by the people in it Senator No One has not.
So u aree saying she is not living in that consticueny, waas that area in the local area where sshe was eleccted a councillor in011

Northsideman

The electorate in DBN know when the political parties are taking the p!ss and trying to dump a nobody on them, it happened with Bacik Labour and Power FF and Noone will be no different she will be rejected. I don't for one minute expect Bruton to cooperate in any effort to assist her quite the contrary he will want to bury her so he can hand the seat to another of his choosing when he's good and ready. She would do well to check her parachute for interference prior to stepping out of the plane.

wiseowl

the bacik of fg, unelectable and worst still she will be flabbergasted when she receives an embarrassingly low first preference at the next general election.

Degeneration X

the bacik of fg, unelectable and worst still she will be flabbergasted when she receives an embarrassingly low first preference at the next general election.
I'd say she'll head for the charity sector gigs like Averil after she loses in the next GE.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

Is Flanagan now blaming other public reps for not being able to show up un-invited?
Murders are an opportunity for the Minister of Justice to sneer "I was very pleased to act promptly and visit Deputy Broughan's constituency last week. I am not sure where he was on the occasion-----" An tOrd Gnó - Order of Business: 11 Jun 2019: Dáil debates (KildareStreet.com)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies