Senator Lynn Ruane

Bertie's Hat

What do you think of her?

She has come across well I think, very ambitious motivated person. I wouldn't agree with her on every issue but I would say she is a good example of someone who worked to improve their life and take opportunities to upskill.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Lúidín

It would be considerate if those posting ads for candidates made some pretence at saying something about their candidate.

hiding behind a poster

She has come across well I think, very ambitious motivated person. I wouldn't agree with her on every issue but I would say she is a good example of someone who worked to improve their life and take opportunities to upskill.

What brought this on?

Bertie's Hat

What brought this on?
Have seen her in media coverage a bit over the last few months and wondered what people on here thought as I haven't seen much discussion of her.

By the way I am not affiliated with her and I do not know her personally.

brughahaha

I wouldnt agree with all her political viewpoints , but having a genuine working class person , who hasn't tried to "posh" up her voice and is totally unapologetic about her background ,and being one of the most coherent , erudite speakers currently in the Senate is definitely a welcome addition to the narrow Irish political scene

Florence

She was a guest on the Tommy Tiernan show recently - he has three guests and does not know who they are until they walk onto the stage. Usually he knows who they are when he sees them as generally they are well known names eg Imelda May on his last show but occasionally he doesn't recognise them. he did not know who Lynne Ruane was which made for an interesting opening of the interview.

hiding behind a poster

I wouldnt agree with all her political viewpoints , but having a genuine working class person , who hasn't tried to "posh" up her voice and is totally unapologetic about her background ,and being one of the most coherent , erudite speakers currently in the Senate is definitely a welcome addition to the narrow Irish political scene
Why does her accent, or indeed anyone's accent, matter?

brughahaha

hiding behind a poster

You think accents dont matter ..in Irerland ? I suppose you think schools and addresses dont matter either :roll:
I don't think accents matter. I'm just wondering why you think accents matter.

brughahaha

brughahaha

because it deals with this very topic ....and you might actually learn something ...although Im being optimistic given you probably dont have the capability .. as you prefer top down instruction to independent thought

culmore

are a family member

stopdoingstuff

One has to respect her background and her drive. If you want an example of what not being a victim and overcoming one's problems looks like, she wouldn't be a bad one. I am not a fan of her politics as such but at least I know whose side she is on i.e. poor people and that's not so bad.

Mushroom

Clanrickard

Is this the one with the tats like a knacker?

Mushroom

Is this the one with the tats like a knacker?

She's a classy bird!

Independent Senator Lynn Ruane has revealed she has lost 42 friends in the past 20 years because of a class divide leading to homelessness, addiction and suicide.

“It is not old age, it is not cancer, it is not anything that everyone else experiences,’’ she said. “It is the impact of how we live, where we live and the opportunities we have.’’

Ms Ruane said she had said it before, and it was something she would stand over, that class was killing Irish society.
Of course if she's right about this, then the class divide will eventually lead to the extermination of the wurking class, so everything will be grand!

Clanrickard

New Threads

Most Replies