Senator Lynn Ruane

JimmyFoley

No more than anyone else in the Senate or Dáil "spending a life on the public tit", Incidentally she's only been "on the public tit" for the past year, what about the others in there that have been on the public tit for their entire lives.

You really are one of the nastier posters on this site. Nearly every post you write is a hate-filled diatribe. You seem to be a very bitter, angry and sad individual. Therapy might help.
Oh, fûck off. And bring your wurkin' class solidarity shîte with you.

hollandia

Why does her accent, or indeed anyone's accent, matter?
People in public life moderate their accents. Thatcher being a prime example. It's an attempt to widen the appeal. People who don't moderate their accents are depending more on their message, than their presentation.

JimmyFoley

Came from a deprived area, had a child very young, overcame addiction problems, went on to study further education in An Cosan, Jobstown, from that went to Trinity college, became president of the student's Union and from there was voted as senator.

As for what she's done in the Senate so far, well give her time, she's only been there for a year. More importantly, what all the other senators doing that have been there for years, "sucking off the tax-payers tit" as you said in another post - after being awarded seats after being voted out of their parties for their incompetence?
She had a child and used drugs...so fûcking what! You think she deserves a medal for that or something? And she finished secondary education...Wow! I'm over-fûcking-whelmed. No one from a working class background has done that. Ever. In the history of the world.

How did she get her place in Trinity?

gooner

Credit to her for getting to where she is now but I wouldn't agree with her on certain things.

She was in the 8th Committee. Her own vote there was extreme to say the least. It was frightening.

What else has she achieved?

I don't agree with the vote at 16 either. It's just populism. Of course you see O'Riordain as another who jumped on that one.

the secretary

What do you think of her?

She has come across well I think, very ambitious motivated person. I wouldn't agree with her on every issue but I would say she is a good example of someone who worked to improve their life and take opportunities to upskill.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Are you looking for praise Lynn?

Lara2

Credit to her for getting to where she is now but I wouldn't agree with her on certain things.

She was in the 8th Committee. Her own vote there was extreme to say the least. It was frightening.

What else has she achieved?

I don't agree with the vote at 16 either. It's just populism. Of course you see O'Riordain as another who jumped on that one.
I don't particularly agree with her stance on voting for under 16s either, there are more pressing issues. My concern is more about accents and appearance issues that dominate the thread and the jealous vitriol of many posters who seem to have a chip on their shoulders about someone from a disadvantaged area doing well for themselves, as if they don't deserve it or something. That's what grates on my nerves on this thread really.

HereWeGoAgain

It is always the case when we talk about the budget, the economy and those who are most vulnerable that we, in these Houses, talk about the situation in a very abstract sense, which is what upsets me most.

“We keep going around sticking plasters on things while never acknowledging the gross inequality that exists or asking why it exists. No matter who has been in government, whether it was the Labour Party, Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael, the poor have remained poor.”

- Lynn Ruane, 2016
Journal article titled:
'My thinking on social issues is really beginning to evolve': Lynn Ruane on her first full term in the Seanad
Link
'My thinking on social issues is really beginning to evolve': Lynn Ruane on her first full term in the Seanad

JimmyFoley

It is always the case when we talk about the budget, the economy and those who are most vulnerable that we, in these Houses, talk about the situation in a very abstract sense, which is what upsets me most.

“We keep going around sticking plasters on things while never acknowledging the gross inequality that exists or asking why it exists. No matter who has been in government, whether it was the Labour Party, Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael, the poor have remained poor.”

- Lynn Ruane, 2016
Journal article titled:
Link
Yeah, that's the kind of shìte I was talking about. Never goes unchallenged.

Clanrickard

Reported.
Boo hoo! If she had one wit of emotional intelligence she'd cover up her tattoos. She is in the senate not the local youth club. And if this site disgusts you why are you still here? More virtue signalling?

Clanrickard

- Lynn Ruane, 2016
Journal article titled:
Link
So what does she propose? I am willing to bet higher taxes, more regulation etc etc etc.

Mushroom

[/B]

:roll: No more than what I'd expect from you...Yes because ALL guys n gals in suits are such moral upstanding citizens :roll:

Quite remarkable how someone with so little grey matter between their ears can extrapolate so much garbage from such a modest and unpromising source. Just imagine the tonnes of sh1te that you could extract from a full-length novel - if only you had the brains to read one, unaided.

Mushroom

Can't get my head around such vindictive hatred for a working class woman making it as a senator.
I hate every Senator without exception. Tits or no tits, **** or no ****, tattoos or no tattoos, wurking class or aristocratic, pro-life or pro-death; they're all without a single exception a bunch of useless, parasitic arseh0les.

Volatire

Will she join a political party and stand for the Dáil? If so, which one?

Or perhaps intellectually-insecure TCD will appoint her to a Professorship? After all we do need more Marxist Sociologists spouting off at each other at taxpayer expense.

truthisfree

Watched a few YouTube videos of her and although I would not agree with her on everything (who do I? ;)) She seems clued in and articulate and actually seems to care about what she speaks about. Who gives a damm about some tattoos on her? I would never get one personally, I don't really like them but she has them and that does not effect how I view her one bit.

Mushroom

Watched a few YouTube videos of her and although I would not agree with her on everything (who do I? ;)) She seems clued in and articulate and actually seems to care about what she speaks about. Who gives a damm about some tattoos on her? I would never get one personally, I don't really like them but she has them and that does not effect how I view her one bit.
Now if you had typed "affect" rather than "effect" I'd have taken that post seriously. But sadly you didn't, so I am forced to conclude that your tattoos are internal!

truthisfree

Now if you had typed "affect" rather than "effect" I'd have taken that post seriously. But sadly you didn't, so I am forced to conclude that your tattoos are internal!
Effect as in how I view her as a politician...

OrderoftheDragon

Another "redistribute" the wealth type always to those who have never contributed a red cent themselves.....whole swathes of Dublin 1 and 2 are full of mentality types who always demand more and more resources while never contributing themselves.

While the fools drive from portlaoise, gorey, Carlow, Dundalk to work to pay the taxes for these wasters.......some country eh ???

And that's just our own......then we started importing them...!!!! lunacy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies