Senator Makes Extremely Serious Allegation Against Senior Galway City Council Staff

General Urko

Senator Trevor O'Clochartaigh, now of SF, has stated in the Seanad that senior Galway City Council staff have had allocated social housing to themselves and indeed cherry picked the very best, despite having absolutely no entitlement to social housing at all due to their obscene salaries!
He is passing this information onto the Gardai (well they are experts on corruption!) and The Relevant City Council Body.

Staff alleged to have abused system to get council homes for themselves - Connacht Tribune

Of particular note is that according to the senator, one now retired senior city council official, had allocated to himself such a property, despite earning over twice the salary limit, which at its base level is already vastly over the BMW median wage level, it turns out this house is not even his primary residence and on retiring he got, as they do an unbelivable lump sum for services rendered and is now renting the house that was allocated to himself out! Extremely serious allegations indeed!

Senator TOC in the City Tribune -

“I have been given documentation which suggests that a senior management official with Galway City Council was allocated a house by another council official under the Affordable Housing Scheme and that he was not eligible for this.

“It is claimed the income limit for this scheme was €36,500, his income would have been double that and should have deemed him ineligible for the scheme.

“It is being asserted that the official in question has since retired, receiving a pension lump sum and it is claimed that he had already had a primary residence prior to purchasing this house and that this new house is now being rented out.

Apparently other cases of a similar type are being investigated.

Three things,

1 I remember Austin Currie stating that the start of the civil rights movement in Northern Ireland, came about after a single 19 year old girl from PUL background who was PA to an Afrikaner Unionist Big Knob was awarded a council house, while hundreds of Catholics with families were on the waiting list!
So WTF is happening in The Táig Republic?
2 Can anyone really contest the notion that we are a 4th world insider kleptocracy where the nax at the top have an apartheidal relationship towards ordinary people?
3 Isn't it to bad for Senator TOC that he isn't a TD and we should be thankful to him for bringing this matter to public attention. You know perhaps if he hadn't decided to make a fool of himself in Seanad Eireann in the past by speaking out in favour of the sex worker hating law recently introduced by our Fascist led coalition, he might have become one, a prospect that is probably never going to happen now!

General Urko

Oh and another thing does the insatiable greed of our public service class know no limits?:mad:

TheWolf

Senator Trevor O'Clochartaigh, now of SF, has stated in the Seanad that senior Galway City Council staff have had allocated social housing to themselves and indeed cherry picked the very best, despite having absolutely no entitlement to social housing at all due to their obscene salaries!
He is passing this information onto the Gardai (well they are experts on corruption!) and The Relevant City Council Body.

Staff alleged to have abused system to get council homes for themselves - Connacht Tribune

Of particular note is that according to the senator, one now retired senior city council official, had allocated to himself such a property, despite earning over twice the salary limit, which at its base level is already vastly over the BMW median wage level, it turns out this house is not even his primary residence and on retiring he got, as they do an unbelivable lump sum for services rendered and is now renting the house that was allocated to himself out! Extremely serious allegations indeed!

Senator TOC in the City Tribune -

“I have been given documentation which suggests that a senior management official with Galway City Council was allocated a house by another council official under the Affordable Housing Scheme and that he was not eligible for this.

“It is claimed the income limit for this scheme was €36,500, his income would have been double that and should have deemed him ineligible for the scheme.

“It is being asserted that the official in question has since retired, receiving a pension lump sum and it is claimed that he had already had a primary residence prior to purchasing this house and that this new house is now being rented out.

Apparently other cases of a similar type are being investigated.

Three things,

1 I remember Austin Currie stating that the start of the civil rights movement in Northern Ireland, came about after a single 19 year old girl from PUL background who was PA to an Afrikaner Unionist Big Knob was awarded a council house, while hundreds of Catholics with families were on the waiting list!
2 Can anyone really contest the notion that we are a 4th world insider kleptocracy where the nax at the top have an apartheidal relationship towards ordinary people?
3 Isn't it to bad for Senator TOC that he isn't a TD and we should be thankful to him for bringing this matter to public attention. You know perhaps if he hadn't decided to make a fool of himself in Seanad Eireann in the past by speaking out in favour of the sex worker hating law recently introduced by our Fascist led coalition, he might have become one, a prospect that is probably never going to happen now!
Wooops, watch the FFGer's try to bury this one........but all will be grand, their police force have been informed!

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
If these allegations are true then I think that even the fairly vapid state of Ireland's corruption laws may be tested.

If the allegations are true then at least two people involved should be jailed.

TheWolf

If these allegations are true then I think that even the fairly vapid state of Ireland's corruption laws may be tested.

If the allegations are true then at least two people involved should be jailed.
Come on...it's Ireland ffs!
Nothing will be done.

General Urko

Wooops, watch the FFGer's try to bury this one........but all will be grand, their police force have been informed!
Indeed 2 cheeks of the same arse but let us not forget it's an odd arse because it has 3 cheeks with the other major Troika Party having at least another half cheek!

TheWolf

Indeed 2 cheeks of the same arse but let us not forget it's an odd arse because it has 3 cheeks with the other major Troika Party having at least another half cheek!
It's some arse ok.

General Urko

It's some arse ok.
Actually, maybe The Red Blueshirts formally known as 'The Labour Party' just provide the cellulite!

Glenshane4

I seem to remember that she was 17 years old. Was her name "Emily Beattie?" She was employed by a Brian McRoberts, who was a solicitor and a big wig in the Ulster Unionist party. Her brother was a member of the RUC.

Brian McRoberts was the Ulster Unionist candidate in the UK General election of 1970 for the West Belfast constituency. In early 1970, he threatened to picket a rugby international match between Ireland and South Africa to protest about the GAA ban on foreign games and its ban on the RUC and also about its arranging games for Sundays. I think that many years later he committed suicide.

His wife was called "Sylvia." At the Unionist Party conference of 1970 she made verbal attacks on the GAA and on the Catholic Church.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Anyhoo... does anyone still think that statements made under Oireachtas privilege are an abuse of democracy?

General Urko

Anyhoo... does anyone still think that statements made under Oireachtas privilege are an abuse of democracy?
No! I think in a very litigious society like ours where the press can be so easily gagged by threats from Nax, Oireactas Privilege to speak is NB! Unfortuantely, though we have quite a few nax as senators and TDs!

General Urko

I seem to remember that she was 17 years old. Was her name "Emily Beattie?" She was employed by a Brian McRoberts, who was a solicitor and a big wig in the Ulster Unionist party. Her brother was a member of the RUC.

Brian McRoberts was the Ulster Unionist candidate in the UK General election of 1970 for the West Belfast constituency. In early 1970, he threatened to picket a rugby international match between Ireland and South Africa to protest about the GAA ban on foreign games and its ban on the RUC and also about its arranging games for Sundays. I think that many years later he committed suicide.

His wife was called "Sylvia." At the Unionist Party conference of 1970 she made verbal attacks on the GAA and on the Catholic Church.
All round emblematic of Unionist Afrikaner Scum then! But what about The Afrikaner Scum that govern us?

PeaceGoalie

Extremely serious allegations indeed!
Extremely serious allegations indeed!
but not at all unusual.
You should not have brought up a case in a foreign country from almost 50 years ago. The man was not an Afrikaner but an obvious target of your anti Protestant biases - even though he seems to have expired. Nor is this alleged corruption evidence of apartheid. Indeed, countless allegations exist that Sinn Fein are pushing illegal foreigners up the housing waiting lists at the expense of locals.
There are not now and nor has there even been fascist political parties in power in Ireland.
In sum: you raise a potentially interesting and important case but shoot yourself in the foot by libelling other respectable parties to make Sinn Fein look good.

sic transit

There's a bit too much of it and some some it patently false. It also gives the impression that politicians are above the law. Did said Senator make contact with either the council or the Gardai before the pronouncement?

General Urko

but not at all unusual.
You should not have brought up a case in a foreign country from almost 50 years ago. The man was not an Afrikaner but an obvious target of your anti Protestant biases - even though he seems to have expired. Nor is this alleged corruption evidence of apartheid. Indeed, countless allegations exist that Sinn Fein are pushing illegal foreigners up the housing waiting lists at the expense of locals.
There are not now and nor has there even been fascist political parties in power in Ireland.
In sum: you raise a potentially interesting and important case but shoot yourself in the foot by libelling other respectable parties to make Sinn Fein look good.
That's obscene!
I have no anti protestant bias! It is valid - Afrikaner Scum ran Nordieland abused working class Catholics and to a lesser extent working class Protestants! We down South live in an Afrikaner Society where the big insider bosses (mostly Táigs) abuse ordinary people living here just as badly now, e.g. look at Current corruption in our Pigz V levels in PSNI!

Also I am not a Shinner and unfortuantely as he has crossed a red line issue for me with his stance opposing sex workers' rights, I could never vote for Sen TOC!

ger12

Trevor gonna get a Dáil seat?

Good on him, I'm told he's a good guy.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
There's a bit too much of it and some some it patently false. It also gives the impression that politicians are above the law. Did said Senator make contact with either the council or the Gardai before the pronouncement?
There's no rule or law that prevents a TD or Senator from doing both- ie reporting the matter to the proper authorities and raising it in the Oireachtas to make sure that current Galway Council staff don't start covering up for previous senior Galway Council staff. He's probably right to get this matter on the Oireachtas record as it makes those who might interfere with an investigation in Galway hesitate once there is national interest in a serious matter such as this.

Please read the linked article in the OP. It answers your question.

asset test

I wonder if this disgraceful carry on is, or has been replicated in other Local Authorities?

They have some neck all the same. But thought they would never be caught out.

More whistleblowers needed.

General Urko

I wonder if this disgraceful carry on is, or has been replicated in other Local Authorities?

They have some neck all the same. But thought they would never be caught out.

More whistleblowers needed.
There's more a chance of TOC getting a Dáil Seat than of there never having been any similar corruption throughout the councils in this country!

I would say many of our civil/public servants have not only engaged with the usual gameplays in the corruption handbook but have invented a few new ones! When you think about it, with all that free time on their hands, doing nothing except leeching off the public tit, they have any amount of time to dream up scams and implement their apartheid against ordinary folk!:mad:

Sister Mercedes

Oh and another thing does the insatiable greed of our public service class know no limits?:mad:
In the final of the Insatiable Greed World Cup between the Irish PS and the Legal Profession, it's gone into extra time and they're all billing overtime rates.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies