• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Senior SF rep Christy Burke quits - thread contains speculation and confirmation

Eorna

I was having a look at Twitter, and people are reporting that a senior SF person is planning to quit the party today. It is meant to be a sitting Dublin councillor, Any idea who.

It is menat to be reported in the Evening Herald, a paper that is notorious for B.S. stories, but who knows.

#le09 - Twitter Search

Can a Mod fix the typo in the title. Htanks

drbob1972

a councilor would hardly be regarded as a senior party member would they ? would have thought that would have covered the TD's, and one or two others, but not any of the remaining dublin councilors

revereie

Any relation to this senior FF party man quitting too ?

(Last election cycle, it was all the rage for PDs)

oscartango

I too heard a rumour that Gerry Adams is going on the next series of "I'm a Nordie, Get Me Outa Here".

Eorna

a councilor would hardly be regarded as a senior party member would they ? would have thought that would have covered the TD's, and one or two others, but not any of the remaining dublin councilors
There are some people in all parties that are considered senior, irregardless of their position in a party.

Pat Mc Larnon

A sitting councillor will resign today in order to allow the co-option of Mary Lou. I think that is a good runour.

mccafferty cat

Mary Lou McD defects to Fine Gael! Says they're not a bad bunch of people after all!

No? Oh well. :(

Mr Crowley

How many 'sitting Dublin Cllrs' do PSF have left? That should narrow it down a bit....I could hazard a guess at who this might be.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
I was having a look at Twitter, and people are reporting that a senior SF person is planning to quit the party today. It is meant to be a sitting Dublin councillor, Any idea who.

It is menat to be reported in the Evening Herald, a paper that is notorious for B.S. stories, but who knows.

#le09 - Twitter Search

Can a Mod fix the typo in the title. Htanks
Maybe to make room for Mary Lou?

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
It's good to remember how far we've come in the last decade.

A person can leave Sinn Fein nowadays without fear.
Seriously, I'm not just having a go. Times are better.

Eorna

A sitting councillor will resign today in order to allow the co-option of Mary Lou. I think that is a good runour.
Is that the plan, that might not go down well, esp. the day after the election defeat.

Dermot Lacey of Labour who goes under the modest name of "cllr", said in the North Inner City thread, that a significant rumour is to break soon regarding the area.

Christy is the sitting councillor there, isn't he.

wysiwyg

You might not be having a go, but by God, that was a stupid remark

People could have and did leave Sinn Fein without fear for decades... contrary to what you might have thought, heard, read about

Sometimes I wonder about people, you know that

Pat Mc Larnon

Can you name a few people who left SF in fear a decade ago?

Would you not be better disposed trying to find the remants of your party?

caminoed

I reckon it is Christy Burke resigning from the Council (not sinn fein) to allow Mary Lou operate as a councillor there.

cain1798

My understanding is that the person is leaving and taking the seat. If it's the person who's been named to me then while we're going to get hammered about it in the media (SF meltdown and so on) it's fantastic news for the development of the party and I can't stop smiling :)

Eorna

That has to be one of the dumbest remarks I have ever seen on this site.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies