• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Seperate locker rooms for gays!!

cgcsb2

The article relates to the lifting of the ban on openly gay soldiers in the US military. That will make the US the last western nation to do so. Among the practical options being considered are segregated changing facilities:

Pentagon lawyers advise delay on lifting military gay ban - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

I just about fell off my chair reading this. It reminded me of the early construction stage of the pentagon. The building was designed to have 4 different bathrooms, one for white men, one for white women, one for black men and one for black woman as was required by Virginia law at the time. Really bizzar stuff.

Th Irish, British, French, Spanish, German, Israeli and even Russian military do a great job without segregation!

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Given that people appear nude/near nude in locker rooms some people wish for them to be segregated

I'd probably pay to be allowed use a college locker room filled with young ladies (and I rather suspect I'd get in trouble)

Also Ian Ayres, one of America's top constitutional scholars mused on a related matter some time back

Looking out for No. 2 - By Ian Ayres - Slate Magazine

cYp

orbit

The brits were well ahead of the others on that one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_iH1GhM2j8"]YouTube- Military fairy[/ame]

Sorry. No offence meant :)

USER1234

The article relates to the lifting of the ban on openly gay soldiers in the US military. That will make the US the last western nation to do so. Among the practical options being considered are segregated changing facilities:

Pentagon lawyers advise delay on lifting military gay ban - from Pink News - all the latest gay news from the gay community - Pink News

I just about fell off my chair reading this. It reminded me of the early construction stage of the pentagon. The building was designed to have 4 different bathrooms, one for white men, one for white women, one for black men and one for black woman as was required by Virginia law at the time. Really bizzar stuff.

Th Irish, British, French, Spanish, German, Israeli and even Russian military do a great job without segregation!
Is saw too (we must read the same sites!), there hoping it can be delayed so it wont get implemented before obama is up for reelection and hoping he will get replaced with a republican who wont want the ban dropped!!!

G

Gadjodilo

What about bisexuals? Should they have their own personal dressing cubicles? I mean they're liable to jump on either gender.

cgcsb2

Given that people appear nude/near nude in locker rooms some people wish for them to be segregated
equally you could say that a gay men might not paticularly want other gay men looking at him. Does theat mean that each one must have an individual locker room? If heterosexual men have such squemish sensibilities, perhaps the military isn't for them.

I'd probably pay to be allowed use a college locker room filled with young ladies (and I rather suspect I'd get in trouble)
here's where the difference lies, a gay man wouldn't be that interested. You see being a man ones self means that men's bodies don't have that exotic appeal. If you want to see one, all you have to do is look down.

cgcsb2

@ orbit, if you find such 1970's British homophobia amusing. Well that says alot about you. Why did you post that here? do you have a problem?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
equally you could say that a gay men might not paticularly want other gay men looking at him. Does theat mean that each one must have an individual locker room? If heterosexual men have such squemish sensibilities, perhaps the military isn't for them.
What if heterosexual women don't want men in their locker room ?

The logical answer here seems to be personal closets for all :D

cYp

USER1234

What im always amazed at is what makes people think that gay men cant keep there hands off other people, why do people think gay people have some sort of gay sex mania that means they will jump on any guy that has a pulse???

cgcsb2

What IM always amazed at is, what makes people think that gay men cant keep there hands off other people, why do people think gay people have some sort of gay sex mania that means they will jump on any guy that has a pulse???
closet cases is the simple answer. If a man projects his internal desires onto that of another it gives him the opportunity to point and laugh. Externalise and objectivise!

USER1234

closet cases is the simple answer. If a man projects his internal desires onto that of another it gives him the opportunity to point and laugh. Externalise and objectivise!
Sad but true!!!

The Underdog

Horsesh1t, some people want sex separate changing rooms, especially for their children, doesn't mean they are secretly of the other sex. If Gay or Straight people want their own changing rooms they should be facilitated.

nonpartyboy

What a load of bull single locker room with mixed cubicle showers with doors with cubicle changing partitions with doors like numerous gyms have, whats the big problem !.

Wakeupcall

In fairness the absolute most manly hetero-sexual of those in the army would be uncomfortable with gay men looking at them naked and ESPECIALLY american hillbillies.

I wouldnt like it myself and I have 1 friend who is gay. Its not about a dislike of gay people generally, it is a privacy issue and an understandable one at that!

cgcsb2

Horsesh1t, some people want sex separate changing rooms, especially for their children,
there are children in the US army???

doesn't mean they are secretly of the other sex.
I think you confuddled that sentence a little. Did you mean "desire the same sex"?

If Gay or Straight people want their own changing rooms they should be facilitated.
So the department of defense dhould shell out the dosh in order to protect some people squeemishness? perhaps they could wear a towel?

Wakeupcall

there are children in the US army???

I think you confuddled that sentence a little. Did you mean "desire the same sex"?

So the department of defense dhould shell out the dosh in order to protect some people squeemishness? perhaps they could wear a towel?
I bet you are a pervy gay and want to join the army when you grow up to see all the willies, isnt it? :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies