• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Serving Govt ministers to qualify for pensions in 6 days time.........

nonpartyboy

Yes you did read that right, coming from the austerity govt and their "those who can afford to pay most............"

According to Sarah o'neill in the journal, the current shower of govt minister will qualify for a portion of their pensions after a mere 2 years in the job............i have to say it's rarely i'm lost for words but you have to take a step back sometimes to view the neck on some people.....

Column: How much does each TD actually cost the State? · TheJournal.ie

"There are currently 15 cabinet ministers and 14 ‘junior’ ministers of state in government. Each is entitled to claim a ministerial pension – to some degree – after only two years of service. (For those who have served the full term of this Dáil, the two-year period is fulfilled on March 9 and 10.)

This pension is calculated as 20 per cent of their annual ministerial salary after two years, and increases by 5 per cent for each year of additional service thereafter up to a maximum of 60 per cent after 10 years. This is in addition to their normal TD’s pension."

Truly we are living in the land of let them eat cake...............

Analyzer

That photo with the pigs slurping at the trough will then be relevant to this thread.

tigerben

Watch the "tough measures" come through now. Like a woman with the wedding ring just on her finger, changes made, all arguements futile and this is they way it's done !!!

RahenyFG

I just hope the gold plated pensions that were handed out to the scum who destroyed this country won't be handed out on the same scale to this government or any future government.

nonpartyboy

I just hope the gold plated pensions that were handed out to the scum who destroyed this country won't be handed out on the same scale to this government or any future government.
They have exploded the bull though that we have listened to for 5 years that ex politicians pensions were untouchable, with a 5% cut. Probably because ictu told them they could never get "a deal" across the line while bertie,harney,cowen, cullen etc. we're living it up off our backs.

IT SHOULD BE 50% and they are still doing extremely well, for people who destroyed this country.......

turdsl

They will get a pension,however, i think they cannot draw until 65, many of them are heading close to that now anyway.,It great you can get a pension with 2 years service,

stopdoingstuff

On the upside, this means the government could fall in 7 days.

Radix

Watch the "tough measures" come through now. Like a woman with the wedding ring just on her finger, changes made, all arguements futile and this is they way it's done !!!

Aisle altar hymn, the poor fella!

Seriously though, when Pat Leahy broke the story of Enda's 'entitlements' just before GE2011 simply because of his being a teacher for a wee while back in the early 70's, most people simply had a wtf moment, wondering just how spoilt are our establishment.

They certainly don't live in the real world occupied by the rest of us.

Telemachus

Website
en.wikipedia.org
There will be of course a reshuffle this year, to get a few more pigs in on the scam. Not too many - in case suspicion is roused.

Hopefull they will f-out Shatman before the disasterous immigration bill is enacted.

kerdasi amaq

Mackers

Hands being rubbed and clapped at the same time. These politicians have a penchant for pensions. And worst timing for them as well. Anyone want to not accept them?

CarnivalOfAction

Yes you did read that right, coming from the austerity govt and their "those who can afford to pay most............"

According to Sarah o'neill in the journal, the current shower of govt minister will qualify for a portion of their pensions after a mere 2 years in the job............i have to say it's rarely i'm lost for words but you have to take a step back sometimes to view the neck on some people.....

Column: How much does each TD actually cost the State? · TheJournal.ie

"There are currently 15 cabinet ministers and 14 ‘junior’ ministers of state in government. Each is entitled to claim a ministerial pension – to some degree – after only two years of service. (For those who have served the full term of this Dáil, the two-year period is fulfilled on March 9 and 10.)

This pension is calculated as 20 per cent of their annual ministerial salary after two years, and increases by 5 per cent for each year of additional service thereafter up to a maximum of 60 per cent after 10 years. This is in addition to their normal TD’s pension."

Truly we are living in the land of let them eat cake...............
They reduce bloated multiple pensions of up to €150,000pa [as pocketed by Ahern, Bruton & Spring] by 5% while cutting the lowest paid nurses by 20%.

FF clones indeed.