• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Serving member of British armed forces arrested over 'Northern Ireland-related terror'

Irish-Rationalist

Very scant news report. Not much to go on.

Mickeymac

A 30 year old active member of the British Army has been arrested on suspicion of planning an act of Northern Ireland related terror. Few details of this allegations have yet to emerge.

Member of British armed forces arrested on suspicion of Northern Ireland-related terror - ITV News

No reflection on you sir but your OP makes me angry to read, today in 2016, this thread and similar should have been the norm decades ago., why this now and not then?

My first reaction is WTF are the Brits up to now?

Mickeymac

Depends on whether they can tie it to SF, or not.

They would if they could but they can't, although our usual suspects on here may have their usual bizarre take on such things.:lol:

We may even get a "popcorn time out"

hollandia

So. Details are indeed scant. What was the nature of this planned terror attack? Was it loyalist related, was it a dissident infiltration of the BA, or was this related to Middle Eastern events?

This should be interesting, as it's very unlikely that the BA would allow this sort of publicity, and I note the investigation was run jointly by the Met and the PSNI.

Changed times indeed.

Levellers

If this person has the same military career path as sgtharper it will be for crimes against the culinary arts.

sgtharper once took out half a battalion with his chilli con carne.

Mickeymac

So. Details are indeed scant. What was the nature of this planned terror attack? Was it loyalist related, was it a dissident infiltration of the BA, or was this related to Middle Eastern events?

This should be interesting, as it's very unlikely that the BA would allow this sort of publicity, and I note the investigation was run jointly by the Met and the PSNI.

Changed times indeed.

If it is ME related, expect sparks to fly from the victims of the BA in Ireland over the years, they will be quick to point out the tilted scales of Brit 'so called' justice.

Mickeymac

If this person has the same military career path as sgtharper it will be for crimes against the culinary arts.

sgtharper once took out half a battalion with his chilli con carne.

It's quite entertaining Levellers when the sarge and his buddies get together to re-enact another war, hilarious as a matter of fact, you could be forgiven if you wet your pants.:lol::lol::lol:

physicist

Could be a Loyalist, could even be an Irish Republican double agent ... could be British intelligence going overboard ... we don't really know yet.

Mickeymac

Could be a Loyalist, could even be an Irish Republican double agent ... could be British intelligence going overboard ... we don't really know yet.

No doubt crumb and the boys will keep us bang up to date and if it turns out a non-story...........they will simply make one up as they usually do under such circumstances.

Strawberry

A 30 year old active member of the British Army has been arrested on suspicion of planning an act of Northern Ireland related terror. Few details of this allegations have yet to emerge.

Member of British armed forces arrested on suspicion of Northern Ireland-related terror - ITV News
Very strange. When I heard this on the news I assumed that it was an arrest in connection with a historical offence, but a serving soldier only 30 years old??? I'd be surprised if the dissidents had enough brains to infiltrate a well organised nursery school let alone the British Army, and why would the loyalists be planning to carry out terrorist attacks in England?

Weird development.

physicist

Let's hope the person isn't interned without trial over nothing of course.

hollandia

Very strange. When I heard this on the news I assumed that it was an arrest in connection with a historical offence, but a serving soldier only 30 years old??? I'd be surprised if the dissidents had enough brains to infiltrate a well organised nursery school let alone the British Army, and why would the loyalists be planning to carry out terrorist attacks in England?

Weird development.
Very weird. It, on the face of it, doesn't make sense, though it doesn't seem to indicate that the attacks were to take place in Britain, in any of the reports (I'm open to correction on that).

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies