Sessions is gone

Dame_Enda

You'll find that a Democratic controlled Congress could have something to say about this as well.
They cant force DOJ to release it I think. I dunno if they can subpoena the report, given they werent able to get everything they wanted when the GOP House subpoenaed the DOJ about the Russia probe.

dizillusioned

In fairness, Sessions days were numbered from the time he recused himself. He was stupid to do so, but also saved himself from any embarrassment in having to deal with Trump personally. He was sidelined from the moment he recused himself. Trump was purely waiting for the right time to get rid of him.

The new guy sounds like a complete and utter religious nut and bible thumper. Trump obviously has him there to protect himself and play the political game.

GDPR

Whitaker can now control whether it gets released.
Whitaker won't even pass a confirmation hearing. There are at least three legal protections against allowing him to control this investigation.

BTW, do you seriously want him to prevent a Special Counsel from making a full report to Congress?

Dame_Enda

Whitaker won't even pass a confirmation hearing. There are at least three legal protections against allowing him to control this investigation.

BTW, do you seriously want him to prevent a Special Counsel from making a full report to Congress?
He may not need a confirmation hearing. Hes an acting AG so he can hang on for 210 days.

GDPR

He may not need a confirmation hearing. Hes an acting AG so he can hang on for 210 days.
If he tries to interfere or suppress the report he will be summoned to Congress.

That would be probably the dumbest move either he or Trump could pull. It would amount to obstruction and clear consciousness of guilt.

In any case, the Cohen case is with the NY AG. There is nothing he or Trump can do about that. Nothing at all.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Anyone else notice how weird people in Washington are beginning to look? Those two look like Kang and Kodos. Or like teenagers melting while in ET suits.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
"Congratulations. You are the new Attorney General."

"Cool. Where is it?"

'"Where is what."

"The Attorney General's office."

"Montana somewhere. Now get lost."

"Cool."

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I see the word ****************************** is now a series of asterisks. Have to sort out a forum on the Dark Net. Everywhere else seems to be taking the editorial line from Mumsnet.

dizillusioned

Anyone else notice how weird people in Washington are beginning to look? Those two look like Kang and Kodos. Or like teenagers melting while in ET suits.
Americans in general are a weird looking bunch of people. Have you never just stopped to look at them on the street??? Yikes!

firefly123

I see the word ****************************** is now a series of asterisks. Have to sort out a forum on the Dark Net. Everywhere else seems to be taking the editorial line from Mumsnet.
The ì ù and ò are your friend.

firefly123

Americans in general are a weird looking bunch of people. Have you never just stopped to look at them on the street??? Yikes!
In fairness a significant portion of our population look like a mashed potato sculpture left in the rain.

toastedheretic

The morron now says he doesnt know Whitaker.....
That didnt take long..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

USER1234

And the new acting A.G. is linked with a scam company, World Patent Marketing which the FBI opened a formal investigating on yesterday & yet his connection to the company came as a surprise to both senior Justice Department and White House officials, several officials said!!

Yet another example of the trump presidential idioticy!!

WH Was Unaware Of Acting AGs Link To Scam Outfit - Joe.My.God.

USER1234

[video=youtube_share;L7q3tdko8ok]https://youtu.be/L7q3tdko8ok[/video]

USER1234

[video=youtube_share;_pi_0RIq2qw]https://youtu.be/_pi_0RIq2qw[/video]