Setting up a cumann in Belfast

dee444

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
10
This is to all senor FF members i am 16 and looking to set up a cumann for ogra FF in belfast but i need support from the south so if you can help me and get the word out
 


badinage

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
776
what's wrong with Sinn Fein and the SDLP? Surely one of them broadly reflects your political views? What's Fianna Fail got that they don't? Or you do reject SF and the SDLP's traiterous, partitionist willingness to sit in Stormont and run the Occupied Six for the Enemy?
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
Fair play to you. If you want it to be an official cumann you'll have to wait till (if) the Ard Comhairle decide to organise in the 6 counties (I don't know how that stands post the UK elections).

There are no such things as Ogra cumainn. However, it is possible that the Ogra NYC might be interested in finding sympathetic people in the north to help them set up Ogra branches in QUB and UU. I know that was discussed a while ago. However I think you would have to be in a university before you could set that up. Maybe you could get in touch with someone on the NYC anyway.
 

dee444

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Messages
10
sry i worded my post wrong i want an offical FF cumann in belfast and a base 4 ogra FF
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
dee444 said:
This is to all senor FF members i am 16 and looking to set up a cumann for ogra FF in belfast but i need support from the south so if you can help me and get the word out
I think you will be a while waiting for help on that one from FF.

So dee444, care to explain what have FF got to offer that is not available from either Sinn Fein or the SDLP ?.
 

eurocrat

Active member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
231
I think you need to be over 18 and able to use capital letters.
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
Padraig, I thought the official SF line was that it would be a good thing if FF moved north?
 

DOD

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
642
padraig said:
dee444 said:
This is to all senor FF members i am 16 and looking to set up a cumann for ogra FF in belfast but i need support from the south so if you can help me and get the word out
I think you will be a while waiting for help on that one from FF.

So dee444, care to explain what have FF got to offer that is not available from either Sinn Fein or the SDLP ?.
Well in fairness, Padraig, if he's pro-FF, I'm glad he isn't joining us. However the SDLP might suit him. But everyone has their own personal motivations. Maybe he thinks the SDLP raison d'etre is no more and thinks FF should dominate the soft nationalist centre instead.
 

badinage

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
776
personally I don't think FF should organise in the north until the SDLP are on their last legs, even if that takes 5 or 10 years. There's no point in nailing your mast to a sinking ship, and being associated with failure and decline.
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
CJH said:
Padraig, I thought the official SF line was that it would be a good thing if FF moved north?
Yes I would like to see them do so, but it appears very unlikely they will, unless they merge with the SDLP, just curious as to why he felt the need to set up a FF cumainn rather then joining either the SDLP or Sinn Fein.
 

eurocrat

Active member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
231
Maybe he's a girl!
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
Well we have a plethora of parties in the south, surely its reasonable to assume that only two mightn't cater for all the nationalists in the north
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
DOD said:
Well in fairness, Padraig, if he's pro-FF, I'm glad he isn't joining us. However the SDLP might suit him. But everyone has their own personal motivations. Maybe he thinks the SDLP raison d'etre is no more and thinks FF should dominate the soft nationalist centre instead.
I agree with you on that, but I can't see what FF have to offer that the SDLP can't provide as they share the same outlook.
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
"I can't see what FF have to offer that the SDLP can't provide as they share the same outlook."

No they don't. I might as well claim that FF and SF share the same outlook.
 

badinage

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
776
CJH said:
"I can't see what FF have to offer that the SDLP can't provide as they share the same outlook."

No they don't. I might as well claim that FF and SF share the same outlook.
Ok SmartyPants, what's the difference between FF's and SDLP's political outlook?
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
CJH said:
"I can't see what FF have to offer that the SDLP can't provide as they share the same outlook."

No they don't. I might as well claim that FF and SF share the same outlook.
Well you could try, but history proves you wrong.
 

eurocrat

Active member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
231
No, but DOD seems certain its a dude.

Honestly I can't see FF doing well in East Belfast - but who knows.
 

CJH

Active member
Joined
Feb 24, 2004
Messages
214
There would be many SDLP members that would ahre the general outlook of FF. But much of the party hierarchy is in the hands of Labour-leaning post-nationalists. Many FFers would feel that the SDLP has always been too weak on the 'national question'. John Hume himself was a blueshirt; the reason the shinners like him is because he threw them a lifebelt when they were drowning.

On the north, there is no substantive difference between FF and SF. Now lads you may carry on with your 'Freestate traitors' and your 'Loughall martyrs RIP' and your 'Tiocfaidh ar la' all you want, but that's the fact of the matter - we're all bloody freestaters now.
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
CJH said:
There would be many SDLP members that would ahre the general outlook of FF. But much of the party hierarchy is in the hands of Labour-leaning post-nationalists. Many FFers would feel that the SDLP has always been too weak on the 'national question'. John Hume himself was a blueshirt; the reason the shinners like him is because he threw them a lifebelt when they were drowning.

On the north, there is no substantive difference between FF and SF. Now lads you may carry on with your 'Freestate traitors' and your 'Loughall martyrs RIP' and your 'Tiocfaidh ar la' all you want, but that's the fact of the matter - we're all bloody freestaters now.
CJH, speak for yourself, I'am not now or never was a freestater, and on the issue of the 6 counties there are major differences between Sinn Fein and FF.

So you think many FFers regarded Hume and the SDLP as too weak on the 'national question' then why have your party supported the SDLP line over the past thirty years in their attempts to help the Brits prop up the status-quo, surely by supporting that party FF shared the same view in that regard.

And neither Hume or the SDLP threw any lifebelt to Sinn Fein, in fact the SDLP didn't even support Humes role in the talks that led to the peace process, so the SDLP deserve no credit for bringing that process about.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top