Sex pest Tom Humphries finally pleads guilty , so , lessons for Media and one of their own ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Tom got a lot of kind anonymous coverage from journalists at times

He also plainly used his community status as journalist to aid with his sex pestery / coverup

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0626/885618-tom-humphries/
Tom Humphries, 54, of Corr Castle, Sutton, Dublin, pleaded guilty last March to six sexual offences against a girl under the age of 17. He could not be publicly named on that date because he was facing trial for further sexual offences.
Furthermore in the above proceedings his counsel attempted to get him recused from case management etc for health reasons, that was declined

Do the media fairly treat one of their own ?

cyp

It should be noted that Moderator NYCky who presents here as a Liberal Republican from NYC is nothing of the sort

They are an extreme right wing professional troll, assigned to infiltrate Irish libertarian circles by Russian paid taskmasters

On other social media profiles they present as an attractive Latina lady (Fatima/fadas)

That they have Moderator status here, lets you know all you need to know about p.ie
NYCky Mod is connected with the Mod(conor) who has family in Iveagh House (smiffy), the same Mod who frustrated operations against actual Al Qaudea members here

The Mod Mercurial is also heavily connected with the den of depravity

cyp

Last edited:

realistic1

He also plainly used his community status as journalist to aid with his sex pestery / coverup

Furthermore in the above proceedings his counsel attempted to get him recused from case management etc for health reasons, that was declined

cyp
I suppose now that we have one of the Establishment medias sons convicted of this crime, we will see further efforts to try to class these perverted criminals as suffering from a mental disorder.

TheField

Ah the bould chap, wasn't he one of the hacks who built his reputation by tearing down that of our Olympian, Michelle Smith? Karma perhaps, even if belated.

Johnny Zordan

Do you think her parents were lucky that this man had sex with their daughter? Or his family are proud of him? Is having sex with a 15 year old a trophy in your opinion and worth losing your livelihood?
Ireland has one of the highest age of consent in the world, In France and Denmark it's 15, in Italy, Germany Austria its 14... you have to go to west Africa to find another country that has an age of consent as high as the banana republic of Ireland.

ellie08

Ireland has one of the highest age of consent in the world, In France and Denmark it's 15, in Italy, Germany Austria its 14... you have to go to west Africa to find another country that has an age of consent as high as the banana republic of Ireland.
So a 50 something year old man sleeping with a young teenager is perfectly fine in your opinion. Sounds like a problem if you ask me - and oh so it turned out to be!

Glenshane4

cyp
We have people within the GAA pushing for integration with the Camogie and Ladies Gaelic Football Associations. As if we have not enough trouble coping with the conflicts between hurling and gaelic football.

This Humphries incident would have been very embarrassing for the GAA - if his misconduct had been done in the context of GAA activities. The "embarrassing" might have included financial liability. This incident should be a warning to the GAA - keep well away from any involvement with Camogie, Female Gaelic football, Irish dancing, Irish music or anything other than the promotion of the GAA primary aims.

D

Deleted member 17573

So a 50 something year old man sleeping with a young teenager is perfectly fine in your opinion. Sounds like a problem if you ask me - and oh so it turned out to be!
Certainly wouldn't be fine with me, but the point being made is that it would be legal in many European countries. Indeed some of these would be countries you would probably look to as models on certain social issues!

Dedogs

Do you think her parents were lucky that this man had sex with their daughter? Or his family are proud of him? Is having sex with a 15 year old a trophy in your opinion and worth losing your livelihood?
no differ in that and marcons teacher havin sex with him bar she was a woman so its allright....

Morgellons

Spain is 13, I believe.

It's hard to tell how old young ones are these days, with all the make-up, legs and cleavege they throw about.

Myself and a couple of friends got talking to a group of girls one night in a pub, we took them to be 25 upwards. Turned out they were under-age, 16 to 18, and shouldn't even have been in the pub. Shocked we were, absolutley shocked.

eoghanacht

So they are "sex pests" if they are white middle class professionals?

And some are here congratulating a man whom groomed an under age child and raped her.

Am I missing something?

Wagmore

Ah the bould chap, wasn't he one of the hacks who built his reputation by tearing down that of our Olympian, Michelle Smith? Karma perhaps, even if belated.
Feck off-he might be a paedo but he was right about that.

realistic1

Spain is 13, I believe.

It's hard to tell how old young ones are these days, with all the make-up, legs and cleavege they throw about.

Myself and a couple of friends got talking to a group of girls one night in a pub, we took them to be 25 upwards. Turned out they were under-age, 16 to 18, and shouldn't even have been in the pub. Shocked we were, absolutley shocked.
Stop making excuses. For the most part It is pretty easy to differentiate age. This case is not about been entrapped in a pub by young ones.

gijoe

I don't get the connection unless your saying Smith was 'innocent'?

Orbit v2

A lot of these countries have laws protecting children from authority figures such as sports coaches etc. So, it's not correct to say that his reprehensible behaviour would be legal elsewhere.

ellie08

no differ in that and marcons teacher havin sex with him bar she was a woman so its allright....
Is it? I would think that was most certainly not alright, thought there is a rumour she may be a beard.

Did she do so while he was underage?

mr_anderson

Spain is 13, I believe.

Did the judge believe ye ?

New Threads

Most Replies