• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Sexual harassment website for shaming harassing males

livingstone

I think the operative word here is ''claimed''. I'd tend to take a lot of this stuff with a very large pinch of salt. I'm a woman and I'm really concerned at the cult of victim hood that many women but mostly under 30's women are reveling in. It's like it's somehow become trendy to be a ''victim'' and a lot of what is labelled as harassment is laughable.

I would suggest that if they want to see what actual sexual harassment, patriarchy and misogyny looks like they should watch something like Madmen to put things in perspective. Actual harassment does happen but not on a large scale. Most men are decent individuals who don't harass anyone. Men are not the enemy, 3rd wave feminazis with daddy issues who couldn't get laid without paying for it are the enemy.
Then the OPs suggestion wouldn’t worry most men. His suggestion is not just of anonymous claims that someone engaged in sexual harassment but of video evidence of the behaviour.

If what you say is correct that it’s not very common then there wouldn’t be many videos, and if what you say is correct that the behaviour complained of us not actually sexual harassment then that will be plain for all to see in the video.

Patslatt1

I think the operative word here is ''claimed''. I'd tend to take a lot of this stuff with a very large pinch of salt. I'm a woman and I'm really concerned at the cult of victim hood that many women but mostly under 30's women are reveling in. It's like it's somehow become trendy to be a ''victim'' and a lot of what is labelled as harassment is laughable.

I would suggest that if they want to see what actual sexual harassment, patriarchy and misogyny looks like they should watch something like Madmen to put things in perspective. Actual harassment does happen but not on a large scale. Most men are decent individuals who don't harass anyone. Men are not the enemy, 3rd wave feminazis with daddy issues who couldn't get laid without paying for it are the enemy.
The international survey ranked Ireland among the worst for harassment. The binge drinking culture might be responsible, drunken Paddy harassing drunken Biddie among the old generation, drunken Jack and drunken Eimer among the youth.

Lagertha

Then the OPs suggestion wouldn’t worry most men. His suggestion is not just of anonymous claims that someone engaged in sexual harassment but of video evidence of the behaviour.

If what you say is correct that it’s not very common then there wouldn’t be many videos, and if what you say is correct that the behaviour complained of us not actually sexual harassment then that will be plain for all to see in the video.
I think it's absurd to be perfectly frank. At this rate we're heading towards a Puritan/Sharia type of society where women aren't left alone with a man and are always chaperoned it's like some sort of bizarre hysteria. I read a story yesterday about how the Institute for Apprenticeships in Britain is introducing ''gender neutral'' words to try to encourage more female applications for STEM subjects. Plans are to drop words like ambition, leadership and competitive and replace them with words like compassion and understanding.

Now the strong assertive woman in me finds it extremely aggravating that we have reached a point where young women have become simpletons who can't cope with pressure situations or their lack of interest in STEM studies is being interpreted as women not possessing the skills that are described as masculine. Something has gone very very wrong somewhere along the way and I suspect that there's some kind of underlying neurosis in young women that's being fed by this #METOO bullsh1t.

Clanrickard

See Ireland has highest level of claimed sexual harassment in Europe
Females subject to sexual harassment and witnesses should use their mobile phones to create videos for postings to a sexual harassment website to shame the harassing males. This woiuld be a digital equivalent of medieval village stocks.
Under freedom of speech laws, verbal sexual harassment would be difficult to outlaw barring a stalking harassment.
In the workplace where employers fail to respond to an employee's complaint, one response would be to write detailed notes of incidents of harassment in a diary and show a copy of the diary to the management. The employee may also need to remind management that the notes could be used as a basis for a solicitor's letter of complaint and possible legal action on employment conditions that would be bad public relations.
I am calling bullshine on this one. There is no way we are worse off than many European countries.

benroe

So you have seen lots of females engaging in sexual harassment even though almost nobody else sees it? In a public video, the viewers can judge for themselves. It isn't a courthouse where a harassing male can be convicted of a crime, hence there is no need for laborious rules of evidence.
So why not just be honest and say you want a site for hating on men, where anonymous women make accusations against men whose advances they rejected or just to get back at men who rejected them.
Should there be a conversation about women in the workplace wearing sexualising make up, short skirts and low cut tops?

Clanrickard

So why not just be honest and say you want a site for hating on men, where anonymous women make accusations against men whose advances they rejected or just to get back at men who rejected them.
Should there be a conversation about women in the workplace wearing sexualising make up, short skirts and low cut tops?
No. I don't women to stop wearing miniskirts because some men can't control themselves.

Clanrickard

Except we all know clips can be edited and very often don't provide context.

benroe

No. I don't women to stop wearing miniskirts because some men can't control themselves.
In the workplace it could be distracting and its only women who can advance their careers with their sexuality.

livingstone

I think it's absurd to be perfectly frank. At this rate we're heading towards a Puritan/Sharia type of society where women aren't left alone with a man and are always chaperoned it's like some sort of bizarre hysteria. I read a story yesterday about how the Institute for Apprenticeships in Britain is introducing ''gender neutral'' words to try to encourage more female applications for STEM subjects. Plans are to drop words like ambition, leadership and competitive and replace them with words like compassion and understanding.

Now the strong assertive woman in me finds it extremely aggravating that we have reached a point where young women have become simpletons who can't cope with pressure situations or their lack of interest in STEM studies is being interpreted as women not possessing the skills that are described as masculine. Something has gone very very wrong somewhere along the way and I suspect that there's some kind of underlying neurosis in young women that's being fed by this #METOO bullsh1t.
I'm sure you thought that had some relevance to the points in my post, but I'm afraid you're wrong.

livingstone

Except we all know clips can be edited and very often don't provide context.
The relevance of context depends on the behaviour being depicted. As for editing, that doesn't seem to be a problem in the various videos of, for example, racist rants, that find their way on to social media.

If it's legit - and I think it is - to shame someone who engages in a racist rant on a bus. then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legit to shame someone who is engaging in sexual harassment by e.g. repeatedly making unwanted advances on a woman who is not interested.

benroe

The relevance of context depends on the behaviour being depicted. As for editing, that doesn't seem to be a problem in the various videos of, for example, racist rants, that find their way on to social media.

If it's legit - and I think it is - to shame someone who engages in a racist rant on a bus. then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legit to shame someone who is engaging in sexual harassment by e.g. repeatedly making unwanted advances on a woman who is not interested.
Do you mean like the video of that poor veteran American Indian that was so obviously harassed by the Covington kids?

Lagertha

In the workplace it could be distracting and its only women who can advance their careers with their sexuality.
It's unprofessional to wear miniskirts in the workplace. For some reason young female doctors seem to have started this nonsense and it's absurd and disrespectful to patients, wearing a skirt that barely covers your knickers when you sit down may impress your senior male colleagues but it just makes you look like a tart to the rest of the world. Fine for a nightclub but inappropriate for the workplace. If someone turned up to work in a crop top they'd be told not to do it again the same should be true of miniskirts and yes I am jealous that they've got longer legs and a better figure than me, but the point remains.

LISTOWEL MAN

there is a rape culture in ireland

here in Kerry they actually queued up and shook hands with a sex offender while his victim sat there trembling in the courtroom

livingstone

Do you mean like the video of that poor veteran American Indian that was so obviously harassed by the Covington kids?
No, I don't. Because in that case, the problem lay in how the video was reported on, rather than the video itself, which is part of why the actual role the played became evident relatively quickly.

Baron von Biffo

Interestingly the headline and the first line of the article accurately report that the survey measured claimed sexual harassment but thereafter it accepts the claims as 100% accurate.

It's also worth noting that nowhere does the author stoop to the vulgarity of defining sexual harassment.

No doubt some of those surveyed did experience some level of harassment but, given the way the term is so casually bandied about nowadays, it's just as likely that many of the claims are merely hypersensitive subjective reactions to perfectly innocuous encounters.

benroe

No, I don't. Because in that case, the problem lay in how the video was reported on, rather than the video itself, which is part of why the actual role the played became evident relatively quickly.
And you think a woman reporting her "harassment" would be more subjective?

Last edited:

Patslatt1

In New York City, years ago women dressed down to look inconspicuous because of unwanted wolf whistles and worse from ignorant building site workers. New York City males have c***s up to their chins they're so aggresive!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies