• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Sexual harassment website for shaming harassing males

Patslatt1

Except we all know clips can be edited and very often don't provide context.
Lots of things in life can be taken out of context.
The relevance of context depends on the behaviour being depicted. As for editing, that doesn't seem to be a problem in the various videos of, for example, racist rants, that find their way on to social media.

If it's legit - and I think it is - to shame someone who engages in a racist rant on a bus. then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be legit to shame someone who is engaging in sexual harassment by e.g. repeatedly making unwanted advances on a woman who is not interested.
A rare exception might be where a female who knows a male deliberately provokes him into angry words and leaves out her provocation in the video.

Patslatt1

It's unprofessional to wear miniskirts in the workplace. For some reason young female doctors seem to have started this nonsense and it's absurd and disrespectful to patients, wearing a skirt that barely covers your knickers when you sit down may impress your senior male colleagues but it just makes you look like a tart to the rest of the world. Fine for a nightclub but inappropriate for the workplace. If someone turned up to work in a crop top they'd be told not to do it again the same should be true of miniskirts and yes I am jealous that they've got longer legs and a better figure than me, but the point remains.
An old joke-That's not a miniskirt, it's a belt!

Patslatt1

Ireland gave an honorary doctorate to Bill Clinton for **** sake
After the Monica affair, you'd think Clinton would have learned. At a big social event in Boston , he kept staring at a young Irish waitress around the age of 20 according to an acquaintance.

Patslatt1

there is a rape culture in ireland

here in Kerry they actually queued up and shook hands with a sex offender while his victim sat there trembling in the courtroom
Maybe it is a local town culture or maybe the accused was very popular.

Patslatt1

people get drunk every weekend but how many of them harass and or abuse someone ?
Frequent fights are reported in queues outside chip shops after pub closings. The Gardai want staggered pub closing times to prevent that as well as the rush for taxis.

Patslatt1

Interestingly the headline and the first line of the article accurately report that the survey measured claimed sexual harassment but thereafter it accepts the claims as 100% accurate.

It's also worth noting that nowhere does the author stoop to the vulgarity of defining sexual harassment.

No doubt some of those surveyed did experience some level of harassment but, given the way the term is so casually bandied about nowadays, it's just as likely that many of the claims are merely hypersensitive subjective reactions to perfectly innocuous encounters.
But even if hypersensitivity applied,presumably it applied across lots of countries,so why was Ireland ranked among the very worst? Are Irish females among the most hypersensitive internationally? Hardly.

Emily Davison

Lots of couples meet at work. If a successful man has a hot young secretary , he may want sex with her and that’s normal, she may play the long game and want marriage, the house , kids in private school etc it serves both , however sites like this make it more difficult as if she rejects him she may paint it as harassment. She should record any harassment and go to the gardai with it.
Why would you assume a secretary is female? And the days of secretaries is basically finished.

Baron von Biffo

But even if hypersensitivity applied,presumably it applied across lots of countries,so why was Ireland ranked among the very worst? Are Irish females among the most hypersensitive internationally? Hardly.
We have a very highly developed feminist industry here. Political parties are required to choose as candidates women who aren't good enough to win a spot in a straight contest. We're introducing female only professorships for women who couldn't get the jobs on merit. Employers now find themselves in the position of having to hire/promote women over more able men or run the risk of having to fight (and probably lose) very expensive equality cases. We even had street protests against the acquittal of innocent men on obviously baseless charges of rape.

The survey isn't at all surprising in that context, particularly when you consider that we don't even have a definition of what it considered as sexual harassment. The respondent's experiences might cover the range from assault down to 'mansplaining'.

Glenshane4

See Ireland has highest level of claimed sexual harassment in Europe
Females subject to sexual harassment and witnesses should use their mobile phones to create videos for postings to a sexual harassment website to shame the harassing males. This woiuld be a digital equivalent of medieval village stocks.
Under freedom of speech laws, verbal sexual harassment would be difficult to outlaw barring a stalking harassment.
In the workplace where employers fail to respond to an employee's complaint, one response would be to write detailed notes of incidents of harassment in a diary and show a copy of the diary to the management. The employee may also need to remind management that the notes could be used as a basis for a solicitor's letter of complaint and possible legal action on employment conditions that would be bad public relations.
Why just females?

Why would "verbal sexual harassment" be difficult to outlaw? Or, for that matter, why would verbal sectarian harassment be difficult to outlaw?

In the UK, the initial letter of complaint is not protected by qualified privilege. If the law is the same in the Eire Republic, a person acting as you suggest could be caught for libel. Perhaps, someone who has knowledge and experience of the defamation laws of Eire could clarify this point.

toughbutfair

Why would you assume a secretary is female? And the days of secretaries is basically finished.
I’ve never seen a male secretary, I think malicious rumors would start about his sexuality and that of his boss. As for their days being numbered, they’ve just been rebranded as “P.A” and personal assistants are usually young and pretty , whether that is because the boss likes something pretty to look at or because an ambitious pretty young woman’s quickest access to a lot of money is to marry the boss, I don’t know.

Patslatt1

We have a very highly developed feminist industry here. Political parties are required to choose as candidates women who aren't good enough to win a spot in a straight contest. We're introducing female only professorships for women who couldn't get the jobs on merit. Employers now find themselves in the position of having to hire/promote women over more able men or run the risk of having to fight (and probably lose) very expensive equality cases. We even had street protests against the acquittal of innocent men on obviously baseless charges of rape.

The survey isn't at all surprising in that context, particularly when you consider that we don't even have a definition of what it considered as sexual harassment. The respondent's experiences might cover the range from assault down to 'mansplaining'.
It's a good idea to have affirmative action for women in family unfriendly politics almost totally dominated by men.Women bring a kind version of politics to the ruthlessly power seeking politics typical of males.
What are the facts about female only professorships? According to a recent article in The Economist,university economics departments have been found to discriminate against women in the USA possibly because maths oriented economics modeling since the 1950s discouraged women but women are doing better in maths in recent times. Possibly there is similar discrimination in other maths oriented academic fields.

Patslatt1

Why just females?

Why would "verbal sexual harassment" be difficult to outlaw? Or, for that matter, why would verbal sectarian harassment be difficult to outlaw?

In the UK, the initial letter of complaint is not protected by qualified privilege. If the law is the same in the Eire Republic, a person acting as you suggest could be caught for libel. Perhaps, someone who has knowledge and experience of the defamation laws of Eire could clarify this point.
Libel law in the UK is extreme, with many accusers moving cases internationally to London.
Freedom of speech protects verbal harassment but not racial hate speech which is relatively easily defined in law.

Patslatt1

I’ve never seen a male secretary, I think malicious rumors would start about his sexuality and that of his boss. As for their days being numbered, they’ve just been rebranded as “P.A” and personal assistants are usually young and pretty , whether that is because the boss likes something pretty to look at or because an ambitious pretty young woman’s quickest access to a lot of money is to marry the boss, I don’t know.
I read about a railway CEO in the early 20th century who had to travel a lot in the huge US passenger system and sexually harassed a number of female secretaries accompanying him. The board of directors decided he was indispensable and solved the problem by insisting on a male secretary for him.

Barroso

True, there is now a new job description called - Personal Assistant.
And given that the Civil Service - to name but one organisation - is 63% female, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a female PA if you are a high-up male in that body.

enuffisenuff

Can we have a website for shaming lying politicians?

Glenshane4

"Libel law in the UK is extreme, with many accusers moving cases internationally to London."

If that is true, be careful about the advice you give on this forum. This forum is read by residents of part of the UK.

"Freedom of speech protects verbal harassment but not racial hate speech which is relatively easily defined in law."

Do you mean that the law of Eire allows verbal sexual harassment but not verbal racial harassment? Why does the law protect black women or black men more than it protects white women or white men? If what you state is true, Eire must be suffering from an overdose of Racial Political Correctness. But the laws of Eire are a matter for the people of Eire.

P.S. Does the law of Eire regard the Catholic people of Northern Ireland as a race? Could the law be used to protect Northern Ireland Catholics from the hate campaigns waged against us by RTE, the Irish Independent and the IrishTimes?

Last edited:

Lagertha

In New York City, years ago women dressed down to look inconspicuous because of unwanted wolf whistles and worse from ignorant building site workers. New York City males have c***s up to their chins they're so aggresive!
I assuming that you are joking.

Lagertha

I think male secretaries are as rare as female bin collectors.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies