• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SF accuse Government of blocking former criminals from employment

johnny365

Sinn Fein T.D Dessie Ellis has accused the Government of putting up barriers to employment for former "political prisoners". He claims that this is especially the case in some industries. Ellis said that “Fine Gael and Labour have, particularly in relation to Haulage and Taxi industries, sought to make it more difficult for ex-prisoners covered under the Good Friday Agreement to keep work". Dessie Ellis has blasted the government for this. Does Mr Ellis not see any issue with murderers driving Taxis?

I think the Government is correct and anybody who was convicted of Murder, Rape or a serious crime should not be driving a taxi. It seems Mr Ellis does not see any issue here. Can he define what is a "political crime"? Is armed robbery a political offence? SF/IRA carried out some heinous crimes including the killings of Children and Gardai. I for one would not like Garda killers dropping me or my nearest and dearest home in a taxi. The Government are doing the correct thing. The protection of the public must be paramount. Expecting the people to forget that people carried out heinous crimes is a step too far.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/26696

Last edited:

bogtrotter

Sinn Fein T.D Dessie Ellis has accused the Government of putting up barriers to employment for former "political prisoners" He claims that this is especially the case in some industries. Ellis said that “Fine Gael and Labour have, particularly in relation to Haulage and Taxi industries, sought to make it more difficult for ex-prisoners covered under the Good Friday Agreement to keep work". Dessie Ellis has blasted the government for this. Does Mr Ellis not see any issue with former murderers driving Taxis?

I think the Government is correct and anybody who was convicted of Murder, Rape or serious crime should not be driving a taxi. It seems Mr Ellis does not see any issue here. Can he define what is a "political crime",? Is armed robbery a political offence? SF/IRA carried out some heinous crimes including the killings of Children and Gardai. I for one would not like Garda killers dropping me or my dearest home in a taxi. The Government are doing the correct thing. The protection of the public must be paramount. Expecting the people to forget that people carried out heinous crimes is a step too far.

Government actively blocking former political prisoners from employment

Good man Johnny....You never lost it......have you a life outside of your hatred of Sinn Fein!

nonpartyboy

For a start anybody who refused to recognise the irish republic, shouldn't be allowed to work for the state, so that's all state jobs out.

Then as pointed out, jobs that involve dealing with the public should also be barred to murderers, armed robbers, terrorists etc......

Porkypie

For a start anybody who refused to recognise the irish republic, shouldn't be allowed to work for the state, so that's all state jobs out.

Then as pointed out, jobs that involve dealing with the public should also be barred to murderers, armed robbers, terrorists etc......
The Dail would be very quite if not empty.

Kev408

So kill a few dozen people and then whine because you can't drive a taxi ?

cYp
Resoundingly narrow-minded as ever. Stick with starting threads about various perversions.

RepublicOfLuas

This thread should be interesting. Or predictable. My bets are on the latter.
Anti-Sinn Féin obsessed pathological hypocrite starts thread to bash Sinn Féin, laden with loaded questions and statements which are rhetorically answered steeped in another form of internet-trollish confirmation bias.

Sit back, relax, and get the popcorn ready. Or, as in most users cases, your palms. They come in handy for planting your face in after reading some of the exchanges here.

johnny365

Anti-Sinn Féin obsessed pathological hypocrite starts thread to bash Sinn Féin, laden with loaded questions and statements which are rhetorically answered steeped in another form of internet-trollish confirmation bias.

Sit back, relax, and get the popcorn ready. Or, as in most users cases, your palms. They come in handy for planting your face in after reading some of the exchanges here.
I thought you had me on ignore?

nonpartyboy

Did the hunger strikes and GFA not mean anything to establishment morons?
Eh, people who have sworn an allegiance to a subversive organisation, cannot seriously expect to work for the state that they have sworn to overthrow.......common sense stuff.

james toney

Not me,the ignore button is your friend when it comes to people like cyp,johnny,ect.

devnull

The GFA gave prisoners early release, not an amnesty - it was obvious at the time the agreement was signed that that would mean they would still be convicted criminals.
I can understand Ellis wanting that changed, but he's the one picking and choosing the bits of the agreement he likes.

johnny365

The GFA gave prisoners early release, not an amnesty - it was obvious at the time the agreement was signed that that would mean they would still be convicted criminals.
I can understand Ellis wanting that changed, but he's the one picking and choosing the bits of the agreement he likes.
Its seems they want to have there cake and eat it.

The Herren

Sinn Fein T.D Dessie Ellis has accused the Government of putting up barriers to employment for former "political prisoners". He claims that this is especially the case in some industries. Ellis said that “Fine Gael and Labour have, particularly in relation to Haulage and Taxi industries, sought to make it more difficult for ex-prisoners covered under the Good Friday Agreement to keep work". Dessie Ellis has blasted the government for this. Does Mr Ellis not see any issue with former murderers driving Taxis?

I think the Government is correct and anybody who was convicted of Murder, Rape or a serious crime should not be driving a taxi. It seems Mr Ellis does not see any issue here. Can he define what is a "political crime"? Is armed robbery a political offence? SF/IRA carried out some heinous crimes including the killings of Children and Gardai. I for one would not like Garda killers dropping me or my nearest or dearest home in a taxi. The Government are doing the correct thing. The protection of the public must be paramount. Expecting the people to forget that people carried out heinous crimes is a step too far.

Government actively blocking former political prisoners from employment
You are perfectly right . what is a "political prisoner". I have no recollection of my country, Ireland, recognising such a status. Is this Ellis guy talking about former terrorists/rapists who served time in some other juristiction? Either way just because they may be free because of a fudged political/"legal" instrument such as the GFA they are still murderers and rapists. If our weak excuse for a government feels obliged to concede on this issue they should insist, as a minimum, that these scum should have to wear prominently displayed special symbols on their person indicating their murderous disposition and also be wrist tagged so anyone can ask to see, if they are in doubt, who they are dealing with. personally I would prefer to see them still rotting in gaol.

Last edited:

nonpartyboy

SF does now recognise the State; sure didn't MMcG run for Prez last year?
But what about the ira, many ex prisoners are members ?

The Herren

The truth is painful ,no? Time may blur the SF/IRa atrocities but it does not make them any less atrocious.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies