• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

SF big losers in March 31st Red C poll

Breanainn

FG 31% (-)
FF 25% (+1)
Independents 15% (-)
SF 13% (-5)
Lab 5% (-)
Green 3% (+1)
Soc Dems 3% (+1)
Sol/PBP 2% (+1)

SuirView

Will the poor SF wasters blame Mary Lou?

Dame_Enda

Why? Anyway they're unchanged in this poll.
They are unchanged in this poll, but overall in the last 12 months they have made substantial gains after it looked like they might collapse during the early months after Leo became leader. I support a strong presence for Inds given the autocratic nature of the Irish party system with its intolerance of diversity of internal opinion. At least Inds can express themselves instead of being mouthpieces for the leadership.

RelentlessApathy!

Down five but only four points distributed to other parties...yeah that's statistically reliable. I suppose the likes of Labour and FF need some hope to cling to in any case.

The Green Party on 3% nationally...yeah right!
The Sockies on 3%...lmao!
Sol/PBP on 2%... ( ͡☭ ͜ʖ ͡☭)

Breanainn

Down five but only four points distributed to other parties...yeah that's statistically reliable. I suppose the likes of Labour and FF need some hope to cling to in any case.

The Green Party on 3% nationally...yeah right!
The Sockies on 3%...lmao!
Sol/PBP on 2%... ( ͡☭ ͜ʖ ͡☭)
Rounding, along with Renua and Aontú both <1%.

PBP voter

SF are going to lose seats next election.

The race is on to lead the next government. SF will be squeezed out.

It's going to be a battle between Varadkar v Martin.

It will be close but I expect FF to finish just ahead of FG.

hiding behind a poster

They are unchanged in this poll, but overall in the last 12 months they have made substantial gains after it looked like they might collapse during the early months after Leo became leader. I support a strong presence for Inds given the autocratic nature of the Irish party system with its intolerance of diversity of internal opinion. At least Inds can express themselves instead of being mouthpieces for the leadership.
Ehhh there's nothing at all to stop any TDs from expressing themselves.

hiding behind a poster

Points aren't distributed. Figures are rounded to the nearest whole number.

curiousorange

Sinn Féin have become a party of SJWs and EUnionists. Voters are sick of them. Lynn Boylan is just a Soros puppet promoting mass immigration and Islam.
And what percentage are your party on? I assume you speak for the real Irish people so your party must be popular.

the secretary

Jesus, another poll.
How underwhelming. Rather meaningless until and election is called.

owedtojoy

Oompa Loompa McDonald is a joke. She has no idea what she's doing.
Yeah, a year can make a hell of a difference.

Last year she stuck her face on the poster to call for Repeal of the 8th Amendment. It worked, and she earned a fair bit of political capital.

But it has been frittered away. It is hard to pin down why - to me, SF seems far too opportunistic on Brexit, like they are trying to leverage a national disaster for political gain. They strained too hard to get ahead of public opinion, but there is no real nationalist groundswell yet. The electorate are just nervous in a dangerous situation, and prefer the calmness of Varaskar, Coveney and Martin.

OTOH, I read a excellent article by Pearse Doherty about better public services, and the need to pay for same.

They need a rethink. Brexit is not playing out in Ireland as they expected. McDonald (like on the PSNI) seems out of her depth.

midlander12

I never believed SF had jumped 5% in the last poll, so this one probably deserves the same level of scepticism. Traditionally Red C always have SF lower than B&A do, and about 10% behind where the IT/Ipsos have them! In other words, we haven't a clue where they are. What we do know, however, is that SF's actual election performance tends to be generally below their opinion poll ratings, so IF (emphasised) that is repeated in the locals and Euros and the GE, then they are going to lose some council seats, possibly a Euro seat in South, and at best hold their current Dail tally of 21.

The figures for FG and FF are in line with virtually every other recent poll.

The problem is that for every time SF try to sound statesmanlike and 'national interestish' on Brexit, there's an incident like the stupid adolescent banner in New York which undoes months of hard-won kudos and leaves them running back to their base.

A serious additional problem for them is that they have a very thin talent pool at Front Bench level, in terms of effective media performances. Louise O'Reilly is their best performer but rarely seems to be heard, Pearse Doherty is good when he can stay calm but again he's notably absent, Cullinane is a waffling bore yet seems to on the radio constantly, and Eoin O Broin is really the only other one they've got. They have a very effective member on the PAC, Jonathan O'Brien from Cork, whom I don't believe I've ever heard on the radio (and I don't think too many people watch Oireachtas TV).

Beachcomber

Will the poor SF wasters blame Mary Lou?

Shinners blame everyone else except their piss-poor leaders.

Good to see the wasters back under 15% where they belong.

For all the noise that they generate, they really are meaningless in the ROI.

Beachcomber

I never believed SF had jumped 5% in the last poll, so this one probably deserves the same level of scepticism. Traditionally Red C always have SF lower than B&A do, and about 10% behind where the IT/Ipsos have them! In other words, we haven't a clue where they are. What we do know, however, is that SF's actual election performance tends to be generally below their opinion poll ratings, so IF (emphasised) that is repeated in the locals and Euros and the GE, then they are going to lose some council seats, possibly a Euro seat in South, and at best hold their current Dail tally of 21.

The figures for FG and FF are in line with virtually every other recent poll.

The problem is that for every time SF try to sound statesmanlike and 'national interestish' on Brexit, there's an incident like the stupid adolescent banner in New York which undoes months of hard-won kudos and leaves them running back to their base.

A serious additional problem for them is that they have a very thin talent pool at Front Bench level, in terms of effective media performances. Louise O'Reilly is their best performer but rarely seems to be heard, Pearse Doherty is good when he can stay calm but again he's notably absent, Cullinane is a waffling bore yet seems to on the radio constantly, and Eoin O Broin is really the only other one they've got. They have a very effective member on the PAC, Jonathan O'Brien from Cork, whom I don't believe I've ever heard on the radio (and I don't think too many people watch Oireachtas TV).

I don't see that as being a problem. We need constant reminders of what they really are. They are terrorist supporting wasters.

midlander12

I don't see that as being a problem. We need constant reminders of what they really are. They are terrorist supporting wasters.
It's a problem for the Shinners, that's what I meant. I have no time for them at all, though I did genuinely hope that McDonald might move them on a bit, notwithstanding her years of nodding-dog impersonations any time controversies erupted. Clearly that was more than just an act.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies