• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

SF big losers in March 31st Red C poll

Clanrickard

So the next govt is almost certain to be FF+ SF OR INDEPENDENTS
OR FG + INDEPENDENT OR FF.
Nothing much changed.
Yes pretty much. People simply going for the tried and tested.

Polybius

So the next govt is almost certain to be FF+ SF OR INDEPENDENTS
OR FG + INDEPENDENT OR FF.
Nothing much changed.
The point is that SF are making no headway. Despite FG and FF being effectively in government together, SF have done a really poor job of providing opposition. Under Oompa Loompa McDonald SF have become a rudderless ship with no clue about how to move forward. She essentially doesn't want to appear too radical on issues like housing and vulture funds in cases it scares the establishment and denies the Oompa Loompa the chance of becoming Tanaiste. The Presidential campaign was a fiasco as SF ran a middle class ladies who lunch strategy. SF's incessant political correctness is pissing off their old working class voter base while it's failing to attract new middle class voters.

Baron von Biffo

First one

Second one and then hit reply.
There seems to be a glitch.

Suppose I want to include 3 posts in my reply. In the old system I would click + on Post 1 and Post 2 and then click Reply on post 3. All 3 would be in the editor.

Now if I do that I only have Post 3 in the editor. If I also click + before Reply on Post 3 nothing changes.

What will work is if I click + and Reply on Post 1, scroll back up to Post 2 and click + and Reply and so on. A bit of a pain in the nethers if all the posts are on the same page but not really practical if they're spread over two or more pages.

redneck

SF have no problem with foreign parliaments. They happily take seats in parliaments in Brussels and Strasbourg. They support Ireland being controlled by German bankers in Frankfurt and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. SF don't support Ireland having her own currency. They don't support the Irish people being able to control our own borders. They support continued mass immigration even though it's making the housing crisis much worse. SF campaign on behalf of Muslim Brotherhood activists and support the expansion of Islam in Ireland. SF support importing unIrish culture such as abortion on demand and transgenderism. Simultaneously SF pretend to their uneducated voters in places like West Belfast that they are a nationalist and patriotic party. SF are the most dishonest party in Ireland and that's saying something.
Well I think FG/DUP are as bad. On Brexit DUP/FG in north are for a hard brexit. In the south FG/DUP are talking tough on a border though. And oppose Brexit. Would the real FG/DUP please stand up?

redneck

FG/DUP are asking S.F to take an oath of allegiance to the English Queen. And are simultaneously taking them to task for representing Ireland in the United States of America.

PBP voter

redneck

sic transit

There seems to be a glitch.

Suppose I want to include 3 posts in my reply. In the old system I would click + on Post 1 and Post 2 and then click Reply on post 3. All 3 would be in the editor.

Now if I do that I only have Post 3 in the editor. If I also click + before Reply on Post 3 nothing changes.

What will work is if I click + and Reply on Post 1, scroll back up to Post 2 and click + and Reply and so on. A bit of a pain in the nethers if all the posts are on the same page but not really practical if they're spread over two or more pages.
May indeed be a glitch. I got two to work but not a third one. Maybe ask a question in Feedback by posting your post here in there?

realistic1

When Ni Riada starting blaming the patriarchal society for all our problems her vote went downhill.

SF are finished down South if they carry on with this rubbish.
It also did not help her case when she said she would appoint a traveller to the council of State.

Presidential race - Ní Riada condemns Casey anti-Traveller comments as 'unacceptable' | Donegal Now

redneck

In the UK and up North- DUP/FG are all for Brexit and Britain. But in Dublin and Brussels, FG/DUP are speaking up for "Ireland".
Would the real DUP/FG please stand up?

redneck

DUP/FG in the North- support Britain and Brexit
FG/DUP in Dublin - support Dublin and EU

Which is the real position?

sic transit

redneck

FG/DUP are really cute in my opinion. They support Brexit and Britain in London, but support EU and Ireland in Dublin.
Nice deft footwork!

PBP voter

FG/DUP are really cute in my opinion. They support Brexit and Britain in London, but support EU and Ireland in Dublin.
Nice deft footwork!
FG doesn't not support Brexit.

They have held firm against the Tory bullies who want a hard border.

Klass Klewn

Sinn Fein will always be losers. They know what crowd they are playing too and are able to trick the hard done working class person every time. I feel sad for anyone who thinks SF would bring any positive change

locke

Considering Red C's track record in advance of the last Local/European elections, there's not much to get excited about for any party and something to worry about for most.

This would see Sinn Fein losing councilors. FF and FG would tread water and may be down a bit. Amazingly, considering how they did last time, Labour would still lose councilors (although becoming less transfer-toxic may be of some assistance). There's nothing to suggest significant gains for the Greens, Sol/PBP, Aontú or Renua. The Soc Dems may gain a few around Dublin, with Independents being the largest beneficiary.

Even allowing for small sample size, the Green and Sinn Fein showings in Munster are interesting. The SF seat in South may be under threat, even in a five seat scenario. What had looked like FG2 FF1/2 SF1 Grn0/1 on this poll looks like only FG1 and FF1 are guaranteed, with FG, FF, SF and the Greens in a battle for the last three seats.

SuirView

Sinn Fein will always be losers. They know what crowd they are playing too and are able to trick the hard done working class person every time. I feel sad for anyone who thinks SF would bring any positive change
Correct.
A vote for poor SF is a wasted vote!

realistic1

I think most people would accept it was just a very bad choice on the part on SF and MDH was always going to win. Their support is a lot higher than her dismal performance.
I dont think so. Work colleagues and friends that I know, used to be coming around to SF during the 2011-2016 period. These same people have become disillusioned with SF because they feel SF do not represent them anymore. SF have totally adopted this identity politics lark and have abandoned bread and butter issues, simple as!