• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

SF big losers in March 31st Red C poll

Polybius

I dont think so. Work colleagues and friends that I know, used to be coming around to SF during the 2011-2016 period. These same people have become disillusioned with SF because they feel SF do not represent them anymore. SF have totally adopted this identity politics lark and have abandoned bread and butter issues, simple as!
Sinn Féin have a huge identity crisis. Talk to their young members and it's all about abortions for pregnant men, wanting to put asylum seekers in 5 star hotels, and smashing the fictional patriarchy. Talk to older shinners and they are more concerned with issues of poverty and public services, although when they go to the US they cosy up to big business and rich. Then you talk to their less well educated base and it's still all about bash a Brit and punch a prod. Mary Lou is trying to appease these different groups and failing. SF need to decide which route they want to go down.

Last edited:

mangaire2

SF big losers in March 31st Red C poll
I seem to remember that SF 'gained' 5% in the previous poll.

was there a "SF big winners in Red C poll" thread here ?
I doubt it.

of course the probability is that SF neither gained or lost 5% in recent times.
it's likely that both polls were outliers & that SF's support is in the 13/15% region.

but sure any reason is good enough for a Shinnerphobe to start yet another anti-SF thread here on P.ie,
& attract the usual frothing at the mouth ol geezers,
like a bluebottle is attracted to the dung heap.

bang bang

SF have no problem with foreign parliaments. They happily take seats in parliaments in Brussels and Strasbourg. They support Ireland being controlled by German bankers in Frankfurt and unelected bureaucrats in Brussels. SF don't support Ireland having her own currency. They don't support the Irish people being able to control our own borders. They support continued mass immigration even though it's making the housing crisis much worse. SF campaign on behalf of Muslim Brotherhood activists and support the expansion of Islam in Ireland. SF support importing unIrish culture such as abortion on demand and transgenderism. Simultaneously SF pretend to their uneducated voters in places like West Belfast that they are a nationalist and patriotic party. SF are the most dishonest party in Ireland and that's saying something.
Well now when your Irexit buddies field candidates in an election we'll see how well they do, not very is my opinion.

RasherHash

Sinn Féin have become a party of SJWs and EUnionists. Voters are sick of them. Lynn Boylan is just a Soros puppet promoting mass immigration and Islam.
Ff and FG are the parties in power, they are fully on board with the EU mass immigration policy.

All of the mass immigration problems that are only just beginning on every street of every town throughout the land were brought to you 100% by ff/fg.

RasherHash

see
Exactly. Sinn Féin don't support an independent Ireland. They want Ireland to be run from Brussels and Frankfurt.
No they don't, that's what ff and especially fg want.

Fg would be quite happy with an EU superstate and an EU conscripted army.

sic transit

I dont think so. Work colleagues and friends that I know, used to be coming around to SF during the 2011-2016 period. These same people have become disillusioned with SF because they feel SF do not represent them anymore. SF have totally adopted this identity politics lark and have abandoned bread and butter issues, simple as!
SF are still targeting left-wing and working class voters who mostly don't care about identity politics. I still think they are in the 13%-16% range.

SuirView

You never answered my question re FF, SF stand on an abstentionist ticket the electorate can vote for them or not.
What are you on about?

bang bang

What are you on about?
FF " Tbe Republican Party " are planning to organise in the OSC, I presume with their constant criticism of SF for not taking seats in the WM parliament, a ridiculous argument since SF stand on an abstentionist ticket. Presumably if FF candidates are successful in a WM election they will take their seats and swear allegiance to Lizzie Windsor. Do you agree with this.

redneck

FG/DUP are for Ireland in Dublin and Brussels, but DUP/FG are for Brexit and Britain in London and Belfast.
Would the real FG and DUP please stand up!

Baron von Biffo

I think most people would accept it was just a very bad choice on the part on SF and MDH was always going to win. Their support is a lot higher than her dismal performance.
McDonald, as leader, was at fault for announcing that they would contest the election before ensuring that they had a credible candidate. She's also responsible for not stepping in as the campaign fell asunder and the candidate was allowed to repeat the same mistakes again and again.

McDonald remains leader and there's nothing to suggest that she learned anything from that shambles. She will be front and centre during the GE and that's not a positive for SF.

She has a record of politically foolish decisions like marching behind the 'English out of Ireland' banner, she lacks dignity and statesmanship as evidenced by her snubbing the Presidential inauguration and she's prone to childish tantrums as when she insisted that Mary Hanafin vacated 'her' seat for a photocall.

Add to that the fact that she'll be up against Varadkar who not alone has equal identity politics points with her but who seems to get under her skin without looking bad himself. If, during one of the debates, she treats us to a repeat of her little hissy fit when she stormed across the Dail chamber and hectored him while standing over him wagging her finger, SF will be holed below the waterline.

redneck

Whoever is leader of S.F will get a hard time from FFG, DUP and the O Brien press. It is the nature of the system here.
Gerry Adams had IRA violence thrown at him all the time- and yes a lot was true. He was also accused of knowing very little about Southern Irish politics, being a West Belfast man.

the secretary

Louise O'Reilly is constantly on the airwaves and I agree she's an excellent performer. All political parties are struggling for talent, anyway the upcoming local and European elections will tell us more. I personally think SF will do ok and if they then ML may well be in trouble.
Louise O' Reilly is your version of talent!
She is the shinners female version of their angry man Pinocchio Doherty.

hiding behind a poster

It seems you just hit the + beside quote. Reply automatically includes the current post.
No I mean how to reply separately to several points made in one post - e.g if I wanted to reply separately to each of the two sentences in your post. Previously I would jusy copy each bit separately, then you could click "Quote" from the menu at the top, and start your reply.

hiding behind a poster

So the next govt is almost certain to be FF+ SF OR INDEPENDENTS
OR FG + INDEPENDENT OR FF.
Nothing much changed.
There seems to be a glitch.

Suppose I want to include 3 posts in my reply. In the old system I would click + on Post 1 and Post 2 and then click Reply on post 3. All 3 would be in the editor.

Now if I do that I only have Post 3 in the editor. If I also click + before Reply on Post 3 nothing changes.

What will work is if I click + and Reply on Post 1, scroll back up to Post 2 and click + and Reply and so on. A bit of a pain in the nethers if all the posts are on the same page but not really practical if they're spread over two or more pages.
No what I'm trying to do is, for example, reply individually, but in one post, to each paragraph, or sentence, or whatever of one post.

mangaire2

Louise O' Reilly is your version of talent!
She is the shinners female version of their angry man Pinocchio Doherty.
Louise O'Reilly, like many in FG, is far too 'liberal' on social issues for me,
but she's a very effective debater, & TV performer.

Baron von Biffo

Louise O'Reilly, like many in FG, is far too 'liberal' on social issues for me,
but she's a very effective debater, & TV performer.
She's not though. Like Pierce Doherty all she brings to a debate is aggression and anger.

Shouting and roaring at other parties and treating them as enemies rather than political opponents will go down well with those who already support SF but it does nothing to broaden the appeal of her party.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies