• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SF councillor sneers at the bereaved

Shqiptar

The North Tipperary councillor who spawned the thread below is in the wars again.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/foreign-affairs/208684-israel-when-picture-tells-thousand-lies.html

This time he's having a go at the grieving family of Shane McEntee and claiming that they were able to put their grief to one side and "keep their snouts in the trough".

What is about some Sinn Féiners that they can't keep their innate tendency towards nastiness out of public discourse? I don't see it with other parties.

The chap in question has since grudgingly apologised.

SF councillor apologises for McEntee ‘snouts in the trough’ comment

Morris defends

gijoe

Ipso facto then do not SF members of the Oireachtas also have their 'snouts in the trough'?

MacCoise2

Stupid comment, indefensible.

Why YFG stressed the female candidate is beyond me though

S

SeamusNapoleon

From Morris' statement (link in OP):

I will continue to be the unpolished politician who is prone to the odd and unpredictable outburst, who doesn’t give a toss about political correctness because the tiptoeing political correctness of the past has not served us well. In fact, it has allowed those in power to abuse their power to the detriment of this great country. I wish Young Fine Gael the very best of luck in finding their way in life, but they have a long way to go politically.”

carruthers

An ignorant chippy little scumbag. No place in politics for the likes of that.

DuineEile

Yes, Sinn Féin can make nasty comments too.

In fact, I am guilty of a few myself. Which I often regret afterwards, and for which I apologise.

D

Levellers

The fact that the brother of McEntee blamed people writing to the Minister over his awful comments about the disabled was the cause of his suicide. They couldn’t wait to jump on the gravy train again.

The cause of his suicide was internal family reasons - nothing to do with protests.

topcat4

What a gobsh1te that Morris is, that was a terrible comment to make.

Hitch 22

Morris has the fat red face and beady eyes of the typical bigot.

We have seen his type before.

Shqiptar

I'm not starting this thread to cause an anti-SF rant but I do think that the party has a problem choosing acceptable candidates at local level. SF candidates at the national level seem to function pretty well although I can think of one or two who don't come across well.

A party that plans to grow needs a constant supply of house-trained non-ferals onto the national scene who can present themselves well and behave accordingly. The constituency I'm in (CN-MN) might not be typical but with a couple of exceptions, the local Sinn Féiners seem a bit rough around the edges.

MacCoise2

I'm not starting this thread to cause an anti-SF rant but I do think that the party has a problem choosing acceptable candidates at local level. SF candidates at the national level seem to function pretty well although I can think of one or two who don't come across well.

A party that plans to grow needs a constant supply of house-trained non-ferals onto the national scene who can present themselves well and behave accordingly. The constituency I'm in (CN-MN) might not be typical but with a couple of exceptions, the local Sinn Féiners seem a bit rough around the edges.
maybe you're just stuck up

Mitsui2

What is about some Sinn Féiners that they can't keep their innate tendency towards nastiness out of public discourse? I don't see it with other parties.
:shock:

I've no particular grá for Sinn Féin, Shqiptar, but might I suggest that you should have gone to the political equivalent of Specsavers?

mr. jings

Stupid comment that can only belie the stupidity of the man himself. His blustering pride in banging on about being a maverick, un-PC, unpolished straight shooter is the stuff of school playgrounds.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Morris shouldn't have made the comment, no excuses. As per the link " Sinn Féin headquarters issued an apology from Morris, who acknowledged his comments “were crass, inappropriate and lacking in compassion”.

Pat Mc Larnon

He called it as he saw it, big deal. Their was cynical exploitation at work by FG, is anyone even going to try and deny it?

Jezza

SF have a deep culture of sneering at coffins- during the Troubles they liked nothing more than to gloat at the funerals of their 'enemies'. Of course, a dead Republican is worthy of only the deepest respect, and God help anyone who doesn't show it. Hardly suprising that this should run over in to their fetish for the Palestinian 'cause'.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Morris has the fat red face and beady eyes of the typical bigot.

We have seen his type before.

' Yawn ' :roll: Bitch 22 first in with the Godwin. What next from ever so smart boy .... what about apologising for Jerry McCabe ?

White Horse

There are nasty people is all parties.

This SF councillor is apparently one.

It should not be used as a reason to denigrate all Sinn Fein people.

Popular Threads

Most Replies