• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

SF councillor sneers at the bereaved

freewillie

I think it might be a factor. Like I said, I'm not the only one around here who thinks it. I know one woman who works in the count centre at election time and she complains about the people who turn up with SF candidates. They're markedly more demanding and aggressive. Granted, they're not in leadership positions but it leaves an impression.

Obviously she dosent regard Celtic jerseys runners and denims as suitable atire for the polling booth. There is a certain type of scumbag attracted to SF because they think it gives them a hard man image. Useful idiots is what Stalin called these type.

carruthers

I think it might be a factor. Like I said, I'm not the only one around here who thinks it. I know one woman who works in the count centre at election time and she complains about the people who turn up with SF candidates. They're markedly more demanding and aggressive. Granted, they're not in leadership positions but it leaves an impression.
There is no greater impediment to a united Ireland than SF. Can you blame unionists for nor wanting to share a country with the likes of Morris etc.

rapparree

There is no greater impediment to a united Ireland than SF. Can you blame unionists for nor wanting to share a country with the likes of Morris etc.
utter cringe

its ironic because the unionists/descendents of british colonists are the actual impedient to national unification and always have been

youd have to be some self hating Irish person to assign blame to anyone else aside from the outside interlopers

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Obviously she dosent regard Celtic jerseys runners and denims as suitable atire for the polling booth. There is a certain type of scumbag attracted to SF because they think it gives them a hard man image. Useful idiots is what Stalin called these type.
I would have thought the useful idiots are the ones who continue to vote for FF/FG/Labour who have wrecked the country and will continue to do so for the future ? It's not that the public are watching Pearce Doherty or Mary Lou or Peader Tobin debate about the economy that they have an avalanche of facts and figures to back up their position and proposals costed by the Dept of Finance ??

Pat Mc Larnon

Young FG, the Nazis and now Stalin all on the one thread. Just another nutter rant on politics.ie.

onlyasking

There is no greater impediment to a united Ireland than SF.
Hmmm. Surely the state of the republic, following decades of governance by the other parties, is a "greater impediment". Haven't you noticed how dire things are down here?

Can you blame unionists for nor wanting to share a country with the likes of Morris etc.
For pete's sake, unionists are sharing power with the very party you think they would have nothing to do with.

This councillor has been shown to be an unthinking fool, and he deserves to be condemned for his mean-spirited remark. Are you seriously suggesting that the unionist parties have a particularly pointed aversion to stupid and mean-spirited people?

Finally, just what is it about Twitter that erodes users' intelligence and basic decency? Like footballers from certain clubs, politicians should be barred from using it to broadcast their stupidity/nastiness.

emulator

It's wrong regardless, the family should be respected.
I agree he shouldn't have brought the family into it. But I stand by the sentiment....

She's a TD now (well, on Tuesday) and she will be exposed to everything that the job entails. If that's not something she can handle she maybe should've given running for the seat a bit more thought.

FG have sought to have it both ways with this issue.... first her father took his own life because of online bullying and abuse. Then, they run his 26 year old Daughter three months after his death. Then, they use online media to generate a story after the election.

The YFG statement is a disgraceful piece that uses Shane McEntee's suicide as a political shield for his Daughter.

It's quite frankly disgusting....

wishywashy

Morris has the fat red face and beady eyes of the typical bigot.

We have seen his type before.

Fat red face and beady eyes. Typical of half the population. Seems like the bigotry has got a tight hold on Hitch.

stakerwallace

utter cringe

its ironic because the unionists/descendents of british colonists are the actual impedient to national unification and always have been

youd have to be some self hating Irish person to assign blame to anyone else aside from the outside interlopers
Tone, Emmet, Pearse, Burgess, Stephenson, Goulding, South, De Valera,
Adams, Childers, Napper Tandy, all good Celtic names.

MacCoise2

I really think you're just a bit prejudiced.

Eoin Coir

Disgraceful remarks. Glad to see that SF HQ apologised

A lot wild comments can be made and it can be hard for any party to control their mavericks, just look at these ones from an Oliver Golden guy from Sligo who is running for FF Committee of 20 at their coming Ard Fheis. He did apologise for them later, but shocking stuff. Took place on 11th. March

Olibhéar Ó Góillin ‏@oliver_golden1
@jonnyfallon Johnny,suicide versus a natural death now just think about that for a second

@jonnyfallon FG knew only hope to win seat was sympathy vote and it was lowest type of politics to put the girl under pressure to run.

stakerwallace

There are nasty people is all parties.

This SF councillor is apparently one.

It should not be used as a reason to denigrate all Sinn Fein people.
anayone is SF must have a warped moral compass or suffer historical amnesia, given the death, carnage and mayhem instigated by SF/ IRA.

NewDawn1

We have already established that Sinn Fein is an anti semetic party. However, threads like this are important to show people that have not worked it out yet.

Last edited:

emulator

A lot wild comments can be made and it can be hard for any party to control their mavericks, just look at these ones from an Oliver Golden guy from Sligo who is running for FF Committee of 20 at their coming Ard Fheis. He did apologise for them later, but shocking stuff. Took place on 11th. March

@jonnyfallon Johnny,suicide versus a natural death now just think about that for a second

@jonnyfallon FG knew only hope to win seat was sympathy vote and it was lowest type of politics to put the girl under pressure to run.
That's exactly what FG did though Eoin.... everyone knows Fg wouldn't have taken the seat only for the sympathy vote, particularly from the McEntee homeland.

But for her name.... FF would've taken the seat.

realistic1

The North Tipperary councillor who spawned the thread below is in the wars again.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/foreign-affairs/208684-israel-when-picture-tells-thousand-lies.html

This time he's having a go at the grieving family of Shane McEntee and claiming that they were able to put their grief to one side and "keep their snouts in the trough".

What is about some Sinn Féiners that they can't keep their innate tendency towards nastiness out of public discourse? I don't see it with other parties.

The chap in question has since grudgingly apologised.

SF councillor apologises for McEntee ‘snouts in the trough’ comment

Morris defends
What a stupid thing to say, at least we have some sort of apology.

Eoin Coir

That's exactly what FG did though Eoin.... everyone knows Fg wouldn't have taken the seat only for the sympathy vote, particularly from the McEntee homeland.

But for her name.... FF would've taken the seat.

What do you think of his first one - suicide, versus a natural death ? He implied it would not be so bad if it was a natural death, but suicide ....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies