SF councillor sneers at the bereaved

Shqiptar

I really think you're just a bit prejudiced.

This is in response to your earlier question which it would take me 5 minutes to go back and find with this connection I have.

Here are a few other examples of SFers saying/doing stuff that not only would not be considered acceptable but also trangressed certains taboos of decency, IMHO.

Provo victim jean's family hit back - Belfast Telegraph | HighBeam Research
Sinn Fein's Ferris defiant in support for garda's killers as public revulsion grows - Herald.ie
A calculated insult to victims « Slugger O'Toole
Gun man leads SF child vote campaign - Herald.ie
BBC News - Anger at Sinn Fein Enniskillen Cenotaph election poster
Fury at IRA escape 'party' Politicians and prison chiefs condemn Letterkenny event - Belfast Telegraph | HighBeam Research

It's mainly around handling the legacy of the Troubles. Irish people almost unanimously opposed the violence and making light of this legacy or glossing over it casts SF in a very poor light.

Lain2016

Obviously she dosent regard Celtic jerseys runners and denims as suitable atire for the polling booth. There is a certain type of scumbag attracted to SF because they think it gives them a hard man image. Useful idiots is what Stalin called these type.
Maybe it takes a scumbag to know a scumbag :rolleyes:

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
If you look a little closer into those figures, you will see that the SF average amount was €30,102, which was Seamie's amount, as he is the only SF county councillor in Tipperary..

Lower than the average amounts taken by the FF, FG and Lab councillors, and only higher than the Independents amount, because the Independents amount is artificially lowered by the WUAG's refusal to take up their allowances to attend conferences.

As for the substantive issue.

First of all, I am a personal friend of Seamie's, and from knowing him, and his attitude to politics, I can tell you, the country would be 100 times better off, if we had 166 Seamie Morris' in the Dail, that the cowardly PC media scared lot we have at the moment.

Seamie does what he says on the tin.. i.e. speaks his mind. I've seen him do it in print media, on the radio, and in public. No fear nor favour. If something should be said, he says it.

I have no doubt the only reason he issued the apology, was that he was forced to by HQ, and that is the reason why, despite many people asking me why don't I rejoin SF, is the reason why I don't rejoin SF. My politics maybe Republican and Left wing in outlook, but why should I have to stop speaking my mind if I truly believe something.

I would disagree to a small extent with the snouts in the trough comment that Seamie made.. I don't think that was the main consideration for Helen Mc Entee standing.

But it does sicken me listening to FG supporters here and in public, talking about how she "was the best person for the job, and that's why the party put her forward"

If Helen Mc Entee had been a non elected FG member, from a small branch in Nobber, with no connection whatsoever to the TD who passed away, she wouldn't have gotten her name on the ballot paper at a selection convention, never mind be put forward. And if by some miracle she did, she wouldn't have been elected last month.

Helen Mc Entee was cynically used by the local and national FG organisation, to win the seat. Simple as that. And she did so, so result. Fair enough, that's politics. But suggesting she got through convention with no one opposing her.. is bull... the ca,paign posters were already printed before the convention was held

Let's not fool ourselves how or why she is where she is.

FG came out decrying the social media for driving Shane Mc Entee to his suicide... how could they know what caused it. Since his death I have heard of at least 3 very personal reasons which were behind it. To talk about the pressure political life put on the Mc Entee family, and then cynically thrust his daughter into a by election, is in my books, the height of hypocrisy

Seamie is a dead straight, and times too straight it could be said, public rep. He does have rough edges.. and he's the first to admit it that he has them. But anyone, whether a member of a political party or none, who has ever gone to him for help, and who were entitled to help, because Seamie doesn't do chance your arm help.. has been helped by him. Go into the town of Nenagh, and ask people what they think of Seamie... you'll find a fair chunk of people who'll give him 100% support.

emulator

If you look a little closer into those figures, you will see that the SF average amount was €30,102, which was Seamie's amount, as he is the only SF county councillor in Tipperary..

Lower than the average amounts taken by the FF, FG and Lab councillors, and only higher than the Independents amount, because the Independents amount is artificially lowered by the WUAG's refusal to take up their allowances to attend conferences.

First of all, I am a personal friend of Seamie's, and from knowing him, and his attitude to politics, I can tell you, the country would be 100 times better off, if we had 166 Seamie Morris' in the Dail, that the cowardly PC media scared lot we have at the moment.

Seamie does what he says on the tin.. i.e. speaks his mind. I've seen him do it in print media, on the radio, and in public. No fear nor favour. If something should be said, he says it.

I have no doubt the only reason he issued the apology, was that he was forced to by HQ, and that is the reason why, despite many people asking me why don't I rejoin SF, is the reason why I don't rejoin SF. My politics maybe Republican and Left wing in outlook, but why should I have to stop speaking my mind if I truly believe something.

I would disagree to a small extent with the snouts in the trough comment that Seamie made.. I don't think that was the main consideration for Helen Mc Entee standing.

But it does sicken me listening to FG supporters here and in public, talking about how she "was the best person for the job, and that's why the party put her forward"

If Helen Mc Entee had been a non elected FG member, from a small branch in Nobber, with no connection whatsoever to the TD who passed away, she wouldn't have gotten her name on the ballot paper at a selection convention, never mind be put forward. And if by some miracle she did, she wouldn't have been elected last month.

Helen Mc Entee was cynically used by the local and national FG organisation, to win the seat. Simple as that. And she did so, so result. Fair enough, that's politics. But suggesting she got through convention with no one opposing her.. is bull... the ca,paign posters were already printed before the convention was held

FG came out decrying the social media for driving Shane Mc Entee to his suicide... how could they know what caused it. Since his death I have heard of at least 3 very personal reasons which were behind it. To talk about the pressure political life put on the Mc Entee family, and then cynically thrust his daughter into a by election, is in my books, the height of hypocrisy

Seamie is a dead straight, and times too straight it could be said, public rep. He does have rough edges.. and he's the first to admit it that he has them. But anyone, whether a member of a political party or none, who has ever gone to him for help, and who were entitled to help, because Seamie doesn't do chance your arm help.. has been helped by him. Go into the town of Nenagh, and ask people what they think of Seamie... you'll find a fair chunk of people who'll give him 100% support.
Unfortunately this will continue for some time including in the Dáil. People will be afraid to speak to her with any vigour for fear the "ahh sure think of her Da" card coming out.

Personally I think it's absolutely disgusting what FG have done and are continuing to do....

Lain2016

We have already established that Sinn Fein is an anti semetic party. However, threads like this are important to show people that have not worked it out yet.
You've only established that you're an idiot :rolleyes:

Manstein

It's not specifically a SF thing. As Albert Reynolds advised:

"Never pack a gobsh1te in your bag: wherever in the world you may travel, they'll have one there for you!"
So it is alright to accuse somebody for 'having their snouts in the trough' just so long as that person has not recently suffered a bereavement?

Is that the trust of this tread? McEntee should be treated with kid gloves because of her recent tragedy?

The hyprocisy of Fine Gael is truly shocking.

Q-Tours

So it is alright to accuse somebody for 'having their snouts in the trough' just so long as that person has not recently suffered a bereavement?

Is that the trust of this tread? McEntee should be treated with kid gloves because of her recent tragedy?

The hyprocisy of Fine Gael is truly shocking.
Is running for election a form of having one's snout in the trough? Has anyone asked the voters who elected McEntee whether they agree with you?

What about the 14 Sinn Fein TDs: did getting elected mean that their snouts are in the trough too?

Iphonista

It's okay if the person has their snout in a box of printer cartridges.

MacCoise2

This is in response to your earlier question which it would take me 5 minutes to go back and find with this connection I have.

Here are a few other examples of SFers saying/doing stuff that not only would not be considered acceptable but also trangressed certains taboos of decency, IMHO.

Provo victim jean's family hit back - Belfast Telegraph | HighBeam Research
Sinn Fein's Ferris defiant in support for garda's killers as public revulsion grows - Herald.ie
A calculated insult to victims « Slugger O'Toole
Gun man leads SF child vote campaign - Herald.ie
BBC News - Anger at Sinn Fein Enniskillen Cenotaph election poster
Fury at IRA escape 'party' Politicians and prison chiefs condemn Letterkenny event - Belfast Telegraph | HighBeam Research

It's mainly around handling the legacy of the Troubles. Irish people almost unanimously opposed the violence and making light of this legacy or glossing over it casts SF in a very poor light.

Oh FFS that is nothing like this case.

stakerwallace

That was instigated by the brits, read a book :roll:

I suppose Corkery's ''Hidden Ireland'' would be your thing alright. Move on. NI is staying with the UK and good luck to them.

Eoin Coir

a good post, but if he is all the things you say, how is he so easily cowed by HQ ? After all Meath W TD O Toibin is his own man over abortion,and and HQ have not dictated to him.

Eoin Coir

The fact that the brother of McEntee blamed people writing to the Minister over his awful comments about the disabled was the cause of his suicide. They couldn’t wait to jump on the gravy train again.
reasons
The cause of his suicide was internal family reasons
- nothing to do with protests.
tell us more, links etc.

Blokesbloke

a good post, but if he is all the things you say, how is he so easily cowed by HQ ? After all Meath W TD O Toibin is his own man over abortion,and and HQ have not dictated to him.
Could it be that he wishes to keep his own snout in the trough?

It's the idea of him implying that she only got elected to get her snout in the trough I find somewhat odd, given that's it's coming from another politician.

It's like a shop assistant claiming another shop assistant only applied for the job because they wanted to be a shop assistant.

It's true, but what actual point is being made?

meriwether

I think in the interests of full disclosure, you should also outline that your father was a politician (this is information you have previously disclosed, and your signature is a clear identifier of who you are).

The only reason Helen McEntee 'inherited' a seat and you didn't, is because she is electable, and you aren't.

You'd have 'inherited' a seat too, if people had voted for you in enough numbers.

Blokesbloke

I think in the interests of full disclosure, you should also outline that your father was a politician (this is information you have previously disclosed, and your signature is a clear identifier of who you are).

The only reason Helen McEntee 'inherited' a seat and you didn't, is because she is electable, and you aren't.

You'd have 'inherited' a seat too, if people had voted for you in enough numbers.
I don't think he's ever tried to hide that fact to be fair - I knew it. He can hardly mention it in every post just in case somebody didn't know.

The rest seems rather harsh but then you guy you're speaking to says he approves of straight talking I guess.

meriwether

Could it be that he wishes to keep his own snout in the trough?

It's the idea of him implying that she only got elected to get her snout in the trough I find somewhat odd, given that's it's coming from another politician.

It's like a shop assistant claiming another shop assistant only applied for the job because they wanted to be a shop assistant.

It's true, but what actual point is being made?
Indeed, I'd be interested to see what Morris definition of 'snout in the trough' is?

Maybe ROC can tell us.

I also note that Morris is playing the 'take you as you see me', 'I say what I think' and 'you can't muzzle me' angle.

These are usually synonyms for 'loudmouthed ignoramus'.

meriwether

I don't think he's ever tried to hide that fact to be fair - I knew it. He can hardly mention it in every post just in case somebody didn't know.

The rest seems rather harsh but then you guy you're speaking to says he approves of straight talking I guess.
I'm not saying he's hiding it- merely it would have been useful background in his initial post.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom