SF hypocrisy gets a new low

death or glory

SF has really sunk to new depths of hypocrisy recently.
At a Queen's student union freshers fair,
They had a poster saying "anti racist" yet underneath was a poster saying Omagh says Brits out.

Not only very sad but it also shows there stupidity.

Mickeymac

They had a poster saying "anti racist" yet underneath was a poster saying Omagh says Brits out.

Dopey thread consisting of old news discussed in other threads and clearly designed to deflect from the criticism from their core base regarding DUP support for the crazy Boris proposals.

bang bang

FFS doggy, old news and it's "their" stupidity, which rather highlights your stupidity.

Levellers

'Brits Out'!

Succinct, short, catchy, clearly aimed at the British administration and not Irish unionists.

death or glory

'Brits Out'!

Succinct, short, catchy, clearly aimed at the British administration and not Irish unionists.
Just in the same way fenians out is succinct, short, catchy and clearly aimed at Reb terrorist types and not the decent Roman Catholics.

Antóin Mac Comháin

'Brits Out'!

Just in the same way fenians out is succinct, short, catchy and clearly aimed at Reb terrorist types and not the decent Roman Catholics.
"If British citizens in this country are saying that they find the statement “Brits Out” offensive, why is that not reason enough for Sinn Fein to consign it to the bin where it belongs?"

However one poster featuring 1916 Easter Rising leader James Connolly included an image of a group of people holding up a placard featuring the words 'Brits out'.

DUP MP Emma Little-Pengelly said those who erected the poster are an "embarrassment", however Sinn Fein's Alex Maskey defended it as a "political poster with historical context".

By sheer definition Irish Independence means that there will no longer be any unionists in Ireland. Regardless of the historical inaccuracy, 'Brits Out' is a bit tacky, as it doesn't differentiate between people who identify as British and the British administration. Having said that, I don't think the DUP are in a very strong position to lecture anyone about Anti-Racism or Anti-Sectarianism.

Levellers

Thank you for your customary whataboutery. I've never heard the slogan 'Fenians Out'. But I have heard gammon unionists bellowing out 'Kill All Taigs (KAT)' on a regular basis.

fifilawe

if things like this "irritate/upset" you Sir Dog , you really must lead a very uneventful life.Did you forget your meds by any chance? Is no one paying attention to your "scarred existence"? Has your pet died? Is work not giving you enough to worry about? Is your job very boring and mundane? Do you interact with people from a different background and culture/nationality to your?
GET A LIFE for goodness sake, and stop being such a whiney, moaning, busybody.I see all sorts of "people and things" but it's just part of the world we live in and I only worry what I have control and power over.I have the choice of free will to listen to a certain radio station, watch certain tv , read certain newspaper, attend a certain event(sport, entertainment) .If you keep seeing these images that upset you then YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACES. Don't go !.
That's where you are making the mistake and moaning to the forum endlessly about SF,IRA,Catholicss etc.I have no problem with Unionists , I just avoid them and let them do their "cultural thing" .They can march about in their vest, shorts,bikinis, thongs , sombreros,bowlers,piths, Tall Hats, berets, on stilts,dutch clogs,stilettos, slippers , brogues, ......... .. it's their thing geezer and their Culture.

Last edited:

AhNowStop

Ah the village idiot questioning others' intelligence .. bless 😂 😂

me thinks "their" was the word you were looking for dopey ;)

tsarbomb

Well, SF aren't the brightest lot are they? Theyre rapidly losing ground in the Republic

AhNowStop

Far be it from me to be pedantic but I fail to see the racism in the slogan, "Brits out!"

Could it be that there are those who have always argued from a presumption of superiority, who see no other way of framing a dispute, and who are forever projecting this delusion onto their enemies?
Unionism ALWAYS accuse the other side (nationalism) of their own sins .. ALWAYS..

Mickeymac

Far be it from me to be pedantic but I fail to see the racism in the slogan, "Brits out!"

Could it be that there are those who have always argued from a presumption of superiority, who see no other way of framing a dispute, and who are forever projecting this delusion onto their enemies?

It's in the DNA of unionism Sean. :D

Antóin Mac Comháin

When they tell you that you're British, but you come from North West France, the South of Ireland, Northumbria, Wales, Belgium or Germany, but you're not quite sure..

Britain - The first known written use of the word was an ancient Greek transliteration of the original P-Celtic term. It is believed to have appeared within a periplus written in about 325 BC by the geographer and explorer Pytheas of Massalia, but no copies of this work survive. The earliest existing records of the word are quotations of the periplus by later authors, such as those within Diodorus of Sicily's history (c. 60 BC to 30 BC), Strabo's Geographica (c. 7 BC to AD 19) and Pliny's Natural History (AD 77).

Celtic Tribes the Brigantes

D_pkt-AmlL85iHkY1wPpb4PsldA7PJ7QdmAY2sx87uN7Sps0Pw.jpg
Bretons

Historical Maps Of Places That Don't Actually Exist

Image result for Fake Britain: A Map of fictional locations in England, Scotland & Wales
Map of fictional locations in Britain

The Ulster People – The Battle of Moira | Dr. Ian Adamson

The Cruthin - 'In modern times, some Unionist writers in Northern Ireland—in particular Ian Adamson - have seen the Cruthin as an ancient reflection of their own northern separatism and affinity with Britain. In his 1974 book Cruthin: The Ancient Kindred, Adamson argues that the Cruthin settled Ireland before the Gaels; that the two groups were at war for centuries, seeing the tales of the Ulster Cycle as representations of this; and that many of the Cruthin were driven to Scotland after their defeat in the battle of Moira (637), only for their descendants to return to Ireland in the 17th century Plantation of Ulster. Historians reject his interpretations, with some accusing him of creating a sectarian narrative in which Ulster Protestants have a prior claim to Ireland. Adamson denied this, claiming his interpretation of history offered "the hope of uniting the Ulster people at last".'

The really scary part is that Adamson was a qualified Doctor and a Linguist; the best that can be said about the term 'Brits', is that it was a term which was originally used to describe the people who lived in Brittany, the Brigantes who lived in modern day Wexford and Northumbria, or the Belgae who lived in Belgium and Germany, from which came the Roman Diocese of the Britains in the 1st century BC. The name Brythonic was derived by Welsh Celticist John Rhys from the Welsh word Brython, meaning an indigenous Briton, but Rhys was born in 1840, so he was using a 19th century term to define the area inhabited by the people the Greeks referred to in the 4th century BC as the 'Cassiterides', the 'tin islands', on the west coast of Europe, which is clearly related to the 'Cultura Castrexa', the 'Castro Culture' of the Galicians of North Spain, a confederation of Celtic tribes.

The Romans gave the name Gallaecia to the northwest part of the Iberian peninsula after the tribes of the area, the Gallaeci or Gallaecians. The Gallaic Celts, which are the Brits, make their entry in written history in the first-century epic Punica of Silius Italicus on the First Punic War:

Fibrarum et pennae divinarumque sagacem,
flammarum misit dives Callaecia pubem,
barbara nunc patriis ululantem carmina linguis,
nunc pedis alterno percussa verbere terra,
ad numerum resonas gaudentem plaudere caetras. (book III.344-7)

Adamson is actually an English surname of Anglo-Saxon origin which arrived in England in the 5th century at the earliest. Other Unionists surnames such as Irvine are of Gaelic origin, but what Adamson engaged in, was a deliberate fabrication of history, in order to frame a political argument. The point being that when you boil it all down, cultural identity is an argument for archaeologists, historians and linguists, which leaves two terms for the political arena: Republicanism or Unionism.

death or glory

Thank you for your customary whataboutery. I've never heard the slogan 'Fenians Out'. But I have heard gammon unionists bellowing out 'Kill All Taigs (KAT)' on a regular basis.
What crap.
I have never heard anyone shout ."kill all taigs".
It is just teenage numpty's who write KAT on walls.

death or glory

Wel do you see anything wrong with "fenians out".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies