SF made most money in political donations last year

BCB

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
45
SF made most money in political donations last year
02/06/2005 - 13:47:07

Sinn Féin declared more money in political donations last year than any other party in the State, according to figures published today by the Standards in Public Office Commission.

The party declared more than €88,500 in donations for 2004, more than double the amount declared by Fianna Fáil (€43,500).

However, while the bulk of Sinn Féin’s money came from its own public representatives, most of Fianna Fáil’s came from private business.

Fine Gael, the Labour Party and the Progressive Democrats declared no donations to the Standards in Public Office Commission, while the Greens declared €36,000.

Under the law, political parties can only accept a maximum of around €6,350 from individual donors in a single year and must declare all donations exceeding €5,079.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/06/02/story205366.html
 


borderlinegenius

Active member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
149
I heard this on the news. They didn't mention the fact that most of that money is from their elected representatives.

(I wonder how long it will be before the Northern Bank is hilariously mentioned by some idiot on this thread...)
 

ireland2004

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
316
BCB

What do you want us to say?

Everything that has to be said is said in the article.
 

borderlinegenius

Active member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
149
Also, doesn't Joe Higgins give most of his salary to the Socialist Party? Why aren't the SP fourth in this table if that's the case...?
 

flyonthewall

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
5
The Northern Bank Robbery!! Ahahahahahaaaaaa.

God...that WAS hilarious...

I wet myself
 

Bogwarrior

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
322
Does this figure include the money from the British Government ? I know the Brits pay them for their offices and expenses in Westminster, and also for their Stormont members. Part of this is redirected into the party, making them the only All-Ireland, British funded party. They also received funding from Coca-cola, radical dude!
 

flyonthewall

Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2004
Messages
5
they got money from coca-cola? wtf? what for? what to coca-cola think sinn fein will do for them?
 

BCB

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
45
ireland2004 said:
BCB

What do you want us to say?

Everything that has to be said is said in the article.
I dont know use your imagination,surely you've got your OWN opinion on the matter?

Also can someone enlighten me as to what this money will be for?Election expenses maybe?Foreign junkets?
 

borderlinegenius

Active member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
149
Bogwarrior, I'm pretty sure they didn't actually receive money from Coca-Cola.

And they certainly haven't received anything from anybody connected with Coca-Cola in this state.

I'm also pretty sure this has been explained to you before, but I'll give you the the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not deliberately lying.
 

BCB

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
45
flyonthewall said:
they got money from coca-cola? wtf? what for? what to coca-cola think sinn fein will do for them?
Dont think the "cokes" would be too happy with that :p :lol:
 

edifice.

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2005
Messages
8,325
BCB said:
Also can someone enlighten me as to what this money will be for?Election expenses maybe?Foreign junkets?
A Mary Lou makeover perhaps? A tinge less green!
 

padraig

Active member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
208
Website
www.sinnfein.ie
borderlinegenius said:
Bogwarrior, I'm pretty sure they didn't actually receive money from Coca-Cola.

And they certainly haven't received anything from anybody connected with Coca-Cola in this state.

I'm also pretty sure this has been explained to you before, but I'll give you the the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not deliberately lying.
Bogwarrior, is revering to a donation given in America by coca-cola to 'Friends of Sinn Fein' a number of years ago, it wasn't a large donation at the time, and is just bogwarrior trying to *shitstir.
 

borderlinegenius

Active member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
149
BCB said:
flyonthewall said:
they got money from coca-cola? wtf? what for? what to coca-cola think sinn fein will do for them?
Dont think the "cokes" would be too happy with that :p :lol:
:p - this face is because he's pleased with himself for making a joke.

:lol: - this face is because he finds his own 'joke' particularly amusing.
 

BCB

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
45
Do Sinn Fein disclose the money (or are they required to?) to the tax man the hundeds of thousands that is raised in America?
 

BCB

Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2004
Messages
45
borderlinegenius said:
BCB said:
flyonthewall said:
they got money from coca-cola? wtf? what for? what to coca-cola think sinn fein will do for them?
Dont think the "cokes" would be too happy with that :p :lol:
:p - this face is because he's pleased with himself for making a joke.

:lol: - this face is because he finds his own 'joke' particularly amusing.
Quite....
 

borderlinegenius

Active member
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
149
BCB said:
Do Sinn Fein disclose the money (or are they required to?) to the tax man the hundeds of thousands that is raised in America?
I believe it is illegal to use donations from outside of the state to fund political activities in the state.
 

ireland2004

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
316
I dont know use your imagination,surely you've got your OWN opinion on the matter?

Also can someone enlighten me as to what this money will be for?Election expenses maybe?Foreign junkets?
My opinion is Sinn Féin public Reps donate to the party and the party spends the money as they see fit in order to advance our aims.
 

Bogwarrior

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
322
padraig said:
borderlinegenius said:
Bogwarrior, I'm pretty sure they didn't actually receive money from Coca-Cola.

And they certainly haven't received anything from anybody connected with Coca-Cola in this state.

I'm also pretty sure this has been explained to you before, but I'll give you the the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not deliberately lying.
Bogwarrior, is revering to a donation given in America by coca-cola to 'Friends of Sinn Fein' a number of years ago, it wasn't a large donation at the time, and is just bogwarrior trying to *shitstir.
It was 5000 dollars. It's a large donation in my books. OK it went to "Friends of (P)Sinn Fein" who then passed it to Sinn Fein. I'm sure FARC weren't told of Coca-Cola financially aiding these plastic revolutionaries.
 


New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top