• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

SF politician to sue Irish government for falling down stairs in Parliament buildings

death or glory

Article in belfast telegrath today shows typical republican claim culture.
Prominent SF politician Michell Gildnerhew is seeking damages for falling down stairs in Irish Parliament buildings.
What a very poor role model for young republicans.

death or glory

No, I am all for H&S.
How will this claim improve H&S- not at all - just her bank balance.
Just IMO a very poor role model and encompasses the claim culture that I think we should be moving away from.

between the bridges

is the average industrial wage not enough...

C

Castle Ray

No, I am all for H&S.
Just IMO a very poor role model and encompasses the claim culture that I think we should be moving away from.
Sinn Fein presumably has an Average Industrial Claim system to ensure part of the payment gets put at the leadership's disposal.

44percent

If he was pushed by someone with a political motivation and a self generated mandate could he still sue?

InsideImDancing

Anyone got a link?

InsideImDancing

If he was pushed by someone with a political motivation and a self generated mandate could he still sue?
Only in extreme circumstances. :rolleyes:

Global Justice

No, I am all for H&S.
If it helps rectify how she got injured, then it's worth it.

InsideImDancing

If it helps rectify how she got injured, then it's worth it.
While I don't have a big issue with this (it's up to her personally), I don't see it going down well with electorate.

Global Justice

While I don't have a big issue with this (it's up to her personally), I don't see it going down well with electorate.
I'd have thought that maybe The Irish government being forced to give instead of forcefully taking might not go down too badly....

lying eyes

She is only following the example set by Mary Haniffin's mother, she got 30,000 for a fall in Leinster House.

Legolas

Poor Gildernew. Trips in a foreign parliament and is trying to sue them! What a cheek she has.

Protestant/Catholic=Irish

I support Sinn Féin and quite frankly, I'm almost sure that the reason she fell was due to her stupidity. The stairs hardly moved on her way down. This isn't Hogwarts.

theloner

She shouldn't be claiming for this. It sets a bad example considering it was he own fault, it is in the mouth of SF's pre-budget launch and it will be used by SF's political opponent in the Dail. Mistake by SF's PR machine that it has let this go and allowed it to go public.

Regards the OP, there is no such thing as a 'typical republican claim culture', you have just made that up, a creation just like Diamond Dan.

InsideImDancing

I support Sinn Féin and quite frankly, I'm almost sure that the reason she fell was due to her stupidity. The stairs hardly moved on her way down. This isn't Hogwarts.
Apparently her foot was caught in a "grate", undoubtedly put there by FG elements - probably with the assistance of the Brits. She did take Fermanagh-South Tyrone after all.:evil::rolleyes::mad:

Tommythesash

Article in belfast telegrath today shows typical republican claim culture.
Prominent SF politician Michell Gildnerhew is seeking damages for falling down stairs in Irish Parliament buildings.
What a very poor role model for young republicans.
''Typical republican claim culture".

ha ha ha ha ha!

And who the heck is Michell Gildnerhew?!?!?!?!?!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies