SF Poor Reps wicklow

riker1969

Having contacted my local SF rep a few times. Im disappointed. Got no reply. Is it because Im middle class? Are Sf essentially a party of the Working class? How do they expect to get over 30 seats if they cant reply to routine enquirers?

I thought they had reputation of being good on the ground? Not in my experience. It was a routine issue.

LISTOWEL MAN

Having contacted my local SF rep a few times. Im disappointed. Got no reply. Is it because Im middle class? Are Sf essentially a party of the Working class? How do they expect to get over 30 seats if they cant reply to routine enquirers?

I thought they had reputation of being good on the ground? Not in my experience. It was a routine issue.
maybe they're busy looking for the next "whistleblower"

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
They may have checked the list of Imperialist Capitalist Running Dogs in the filing cabinet back at HQ and noted that you are down for re-education at Camp 7 come the glorious day.

Seriously though without knowing what the issue is or whether you are directing your enquiry to the right ward or constituency representative no one can know whether you are marked down for Camp 7 or whether it is just an administrative issue on either your or their part.

Personally, I'd pack up the family and flee to the Chilterns. Just to be on the safe side.

dalyp

How did ya get on with FF/FG or do you only have SF reps in Wicklow?

Prester Jim

"Don't they know I'm a teacher?"
That must have been tough for you, he is a teacher but he is also critical of Sinn Fein.
You should probably put your feet up for the rest of the week to recover from the stress of that decision.
;)

PS seems like a very weak OP by the way.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I bet it is about a pothole. Could the OP confirm whether the letter was clearly marked 'Urgent. Middle-Class Enquiry'?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

by email ? phone?

FunkyBoogaloo

The OP could apply to any TD or Rep connected to Dáil Éireann. I once wrote an impassioned plea to all of them around the time of Anglo's liquidation - asking them to invoke Article 27 (in relation to the conversion of the PromNote to sovereign debt). I thought a referendum - a la Iceland - would be a good thing. 4 TDs replied. Clare Daly came back with a decent response. Got two other standard "be in touch soon" replies and the fourth was some thick FGer (Alan something or other) who seemed to disagree with me that Article 27 even existed.

These people only care about you when they're looking for your vote. I'm afraid you'll just have to raise your routine enquiry at the next election whereupon you'll be fobbed off by all and sundry.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
It is about time there was a statue to the Irish middle-class somewhere in the nation's capital.

A sort of everyman in bronze with a pen protector in his shirt pocket with a few biros in it and him with a hand up shading his eyes as he peers philosophically at the Central Bank in the distance.

The inscription could read 'Thirty Years in Search of Nirvana'.

ShinnerBot No.32564844524

By contact, do you mean email? sms? Carrier pigeon?

Did you have the correct contact details? By no reply, did you just fire something off in to the ether expecting a fully personalised and comprehensive call back to come around and cut your grass?

Or did you just not try all that hard, and whatever issue it is you have is so insignificant, you're not even all that bothered yourself about it?

dalyp

So they did extensive investigation into your economic standing and then chose to ignore you because you were middle class, how do you think the made that call? was it based on your NW or your yearly income, or maybe they sent some "lads" around to see what car you were driving.

riker1969

I rang four times and it was a serious issue. I also suggested they get their finger out and canvass my estate. I was curious to see how forward thinking they were. I was involved with a centrist party a while back-every part of constituency was canvassed every year. Wicklow is bigger (geographically) but this guys base is supposedly Bray but yet we never see him or his Reps. Thus I predict SF will never grow beyond 30 seats unless they spread beyond the ghettos

Any medium party must spread beyond its core if it wants Taoiseach's job. Other wise let me point you towards Dick Spring, Mary Harney and Eamon Gilmore. How did being second wheel work out for them?

TheField

I've had same experience with Kathleen Funchion of SF - written at least twice and emailed. Never a reply. Mind you, I also contacted Bobby Aylward of FF and Phelan of FG similarly and no reply.

I think some TDs take time to reply to queries and others just couldn't be bothered. At least it'll help you with deciding who to vote for next time :)

dalyp

I rang four times and it was a serious issue. I also suggested they get their finger out and canvass my estate. I was curious to see how forward thinking they were. I was involved with a centrist party a while back-every part of constituency was canvassed every year. Wicklow is bigger (geographically) but this guys base is supposedly Bray but yet we never see him or his Reps. Thus I predict SF will never grow beyond 30 seats unless they spread beyond the ghettos
So a "routine issue" a few posts back has turned into a "serious issue" now - f@cking clown at least try and keep up.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Perhaps the Sinn Fein reps feel intimidated by the wafts of Mozart coming from the open patios. The squared box hedges unnerve them.

Or perhaps they are well aware that Riker is somewhat Renua and likely to have voted for Lucigula's horse in the last election and is just trying to avoid directing his enquiry to the right quarters in the hope of pinning the descent of a leafy suburb into hell in a handbasket with cleaners getting uppity and some youths with coloured hair being seen near the squashcourts on Sinn Fein.

edwin

So a "routine issue" a few posts back has turned into a "serious issue" now - f@cking clown at least try and keep up.
If you think something can't be routine and serious at the same time then you're the clown. A burst pipe in a council house would be an example. Pretty routine but also serious to the householder involved.

dalyp

If you think something can't be routine and serious at the same time then you're the clown. A burst pipe in a council house would be an example. Pretty routine but also serious to the householder involved.
A council house, the OP is middle class FFS, what's with you lot today, keep up.

GDPR

Im puzzled by OP. I dont know why asking a political party to canvass your estate will result in the solution to your problem, whatever it is.

A million years ago I worked for the Civil Service and had to deal with something called "Boards Files" - these were letters forwarded to our dept by an MP on behalf of a constituent with a problem relating to our responsibilities.

The ones in green ink were always challenging.

New Threads

Most Replies