SF question Appolo 11 theme of Limerick St Patricks Day Parade describing moon landings as alleged.

cricket

3 things ;
1. Doubt that the pic is a set up as the cllr has replied and tried to justify parking there by saying that it is outside SF offices and he was attending a council meeting.
2.The note appears to me to be inside the windscreen unlike the ticket on the outside.
3. In their most murderous of times, did the provos ever consider parking attendants to be legitimate targets ? I know that census enumerators were.

freewillie

The poor oul Shinners are very sensitive. Some gobshite wrote to The Irish Times complaining that they were using a photo of Mary Lou that showed her to be a grumpy puss. F.F.S.

The Sentinel

3 things ;
1. Doubt that the pic is a set up as the cllr has replied and tried to justify parking there by saying that it is outside SF offices and he was attending a council meeting.
2.The note appears to me to be inside the windscreen unlike the ticket on the outside.
3. In their most murderous of times, did the provos ever consider parking attendants to be legitimate targets ? I know that census enumerators were.
I take exception to your use of language like this - in bold. Is there any real evidence that the "Provos* actually committed murder?

Fr. Ted Crilly

I take exception to your use of language like this - in bold. Is there any real evidence that the "Provos* actually committed murder?
'Cricket' would know plenty about that....
Stickies though, not Provos.
Kathleen Lynch has all the info.....

The Sentinel

'Cricket' would know plenty about that....
Stickies though, not Provos.
Kathleen Lynch has all the info.....
Thank you. I thought about Kathleen Lynch but I have been unable to understand her since she jettisoned her lovely local Cork accent. Somehow she came across and sincere in the old days when she was close to her roots but after the elocution classes her sincerity and her utterances evaporated, like steam from a well boiled kettle.

cricket

Of course they didn't, they just upset people's feelings

The Sentinel

Of course they didn't, they just upset people's feelings ��
That is a somewhat cynical reply , I can accept that, However , the so called Provo story has its own tale to tell and I think that we should strive to accumulate as much information as possible before making rash judgements on their aims, aspirations and actions. As in all cases like this , a historical context has to be respected, we cannot properly or justly analyse history without context.

Goldenhyena

I love how someone from Limerick always pulls the old Limerick Soviet Chestnut out, every couple of years, like it's somehow something to be proud of.

bang bang

Just like there are (deluded) people who believe the earth is flat.

That it happened is settled history though, like the famine, WW1, WW2 etc. It all happened - like the moon landings.

Eh no. Never suggested it was. I asked how many in SF believe it, which I think is an interesting question ....

It's good that after all the trouble ye've had with them before, SF has found a place for historical revisionists though. :laugh:
How many shinners do you think believe it? Or you just another revisionist, unionist, partionist troll constantly obsessing over those dreadful shinners.

bang bang

Perhaps the moon landings were faked by MI5 to distract attention from events in the North? I mean, it makes perfect sense, seeing as MI5 are behind almost everything anyway.
Did you work for them, I mean with that razor sharp intellect!

Dearghoul

The year is 1961.

Offaly have brought a fierce and dedicated contingent to their date with destiny. I'll hand you over to Micheall O Muirecheartaigh.

"There is a man in space, as I come to you live from Croke park. That mans name is Yuri Gargarin. He would feel a great welcome awaits him as the crowd chant 'Come on Down, Come on Down."