• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

SF/SDLP to name a childrens playground after a dead IRA terrorist

death or glory

Northtipp

For goodness sake move on. Let's meet in the king William park in Lisburn and talk about this.

Get a grip and btw, how are we all on the pont scoring table.

death or glory

WOuld you be off the same opinion if your child visited "The Billy Wright Park".

factual

Not sure whether children will reallly have the name uppermost when they are on the swings and slides.

death or glory

The fact is that a council funded play park is named after an IRA murderer. Do you realise how offensive this is to the protestant community.
After aall the whinging on here about how prejudiced and mistreated the RC's were were when Unionists controlled NI, we see NAtionalsts doing the same thing.
As they say Power corrupts.
PS Odlum Protestant children would not feel welcome.

Northtipp

The fact is that a council funded play park is named after an IRA murderer. Do you realise how offensive this is to the protestant community.
After aall the whinging on here about how prejudiced and mistreated the RC's were were when Unionists controlled NI, we see NAtionalsts doing the same thing.
As they say Power corrupts.
PS Odlum Protestant children would not feel welcome.
Yes. But grow up in equality. Isn't it wise to offend each other equally.???.??.?.

Portadown madman

He's right though, Royal Victoria hospital. Queens university. victoria park. King william park etc etc etc. yeh they are all right up my cultural street!

Ffs, wise up, grow up and move along.
FFs, wise up and move along, you've got a nerve telling me that, Northtipp. when a CNR poster comes out with the FAMINE queen.

How about he Wises the feck up and moves along.

factual

The other option is just to give playground bland names that mean nothing to anybody.

death or glory

james toney

death or glory

AS for GAA parks you can name them after all the Provo's you want too, that is your opinion, we may not like it but as you'se are paying for it thats your perogative and in NI it is a (suppowholly Catholic organisation.
This park was paid for by Newry council which is supposed to treat all constituents equally and fairly and I presume this council area has roughly 20% protestants who would find this park insuting.
Yes. But grow up in equality. Isn't it wise to offend each other equally.???.??.?.

death or glory

mickey mouse, donald duck, peppa pig, scooby doo.
What s wrong with Newry east play park or whatever, no child could find that offensive.

The other option is just to give playground bland names that mean nothing to anybody.

Northtipp

FFs, wise up and move along, you've got a nerve telling me that, Northtipp. when a CNR poster comes out with the FAMINE queen.

How about he Wises the feck up and moves along.
But do you think as young nationalists we were comfortable going in t institutions named after Royals and murderes amd terrorists( yes im winding up, but for a reason to make a point) no! But hey in the sprit of equality name away and lets none of us get n the high horse.

Northtipp

AS for GAA parks you can name them after all the Provo's you want too, that is your opinion, we may not like it but as you'se are paying for it thats your perogative and in NI it is a (suppowholly Catholic organisation.
This park was paid for by Newry council which is supposed to treat all constituents equally and fairly and I presume this council area has roughly 20% protestants who would find this park insuting.
Actually I played many many soccer games in parks named after royals. I fet really comfortable witn that( NOT) Come PM, get real here.