• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

SF Solidarity For Non-Aligned Organisation (PIRA)

between the bridges

Oh hum,

SINN Fein members have walked out of Newry policing partnership in protest at IRA charges being laid against a senior south Armagh republican.

Sean Hughes from Jonesborough was arrested on March 1 and charged with IRA membership. He was arrested in relation to the murder of Robert McCartney outside a Belfast pub in 2005, which caused major repercussions for Sinn Fein.
my oh my

They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance

lol

He added: “Sinn Fein will acknowledge when the PSNI do their job efficiently and impartially but at the same time we will question and challenge them when we believe they have not.”
Sinn Fein walk out in protest at IRA charges - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

The message is clear SF/IRA believe they should be untouchable for any crime and yet demand everyone be 'accountable'...Do as we say not as we do...

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com

Glaucon

Looks like a poor showing from Sinn Féin. Why would the police alert a suspect (I'd note that this man has not been convicted of any crime as it stands) of their approach?
If the suspect is subsequently proven innocent then the police should be held accountable for any breaches of the law, but until that time, SF should suspend judgement.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Oh hum,

my oh my

They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance
It's a pity you didn't quote the article properly ya silly childish pr*ck. It was UUP councillor Andy Moffett who made the allegation about SF " They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance. "

Here it is - " UUP councillor Andy Moffett, a member of the partnership, said he felt strongly about Sinn Fein’s actions.
“The Sinn Fein members walked out of the meeting,” he (Moffett) said. “One of the independent members, Declan Murphy, led the walkout over what they said was an attack on Sean Hughes. They complained that police took five hours to search Sean Hughes’ house and that they did not make him aware that they were coming in advance. But my view is that nobody is above the law.

Moffet also said " He said that Sinn Fein councillor Terry Hearty said the warrant for Mr Hughes’ arrest was signed on January 8 but Mr Hearty made the accusation that this was not used until seven weeks later, to coincide with the arrest of Willie Frazer.

Sinn Fein walk out in protest at IRA charges - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Looks like a poor showing from Sinn Féin. Why would the police alert a suspect (I'd note that this man has not been convicted of any crime as it stands) of their approach?
If the suspect is subsequently proven innocent then the police should be held accountable for any breaches of the law, but until that time, SF should suspend judgement.
It's Moffett's allegation about SF, not a quote from SF. Typical of Fluffykontbiscuits the biggest pr*ck on P.ie to start such a typical childish thread :roll: :roll: :roll:

vivabrigada

Five hours?
Nearly as long as a loyalist hunger strike.

cricket

Whatever about the alleged bias of the OP, did SF walk out over the arrest or not ?
Simple question.

Cruimh

Galloper Thompson

Its definitely a slow day in the serious news department....anyone out there have a more important story...................like mints.

C

Castle Ray

Pathetic from Sinn Fein. If they have an issue with a PSNI action then the course of action for them is the police ombudsman, not this silly stunt to highlight their political policing bias and delusions of infallibility of their own. What else could one expect of that despicable party though?

Covenanter

Pathetic from Sinn Fein. If they have an issue with a PSNI action then the course of action for them is the police ombudsman, not this silly stunt to highlight their political policing bias and delusions of infallibility of their own. What else could one expect of that despicable party though?
I think that we have come to expect gross hypocrisy and they generally deliver it in spades. I suppose though that at least it is no longer accompanied by mass murder and sectarian bombing.

Mickeymac

Yeah right pal, noticed the way you proposed that during the fascist fleg protests and recommended the onionist politicians go through the ombudsman instead of promoting violence towards police officers.

RedCloud

Covenanter

I recommend the Johnny Sands Memorial Chippy.........tis delicious. :)
I have to admire the Irish American drones who celebrate Johnny's 'sacrifice' at $500 a head er, dinners. Iirc they once even sold dinner plates with the faces of the hungerstrikers emblazoned thereon. As the praties disappeared the face of a hungerstriker would come into view.

Mickeymac

I have to admire the Irish American drones who celebrate Johnny's 'sacrifice' at $500 a head er, dinners. Iirc they once even sold dinner plates with the faces of the hungerstrikers emblazoned thereon. As the praties disappeared the face of a hungerstriker would come into view.

Thank you Blair for that.....but 500 bucks is cheapskate.....trust me a$$hole:D

death or glory

I love the way Rebs celebrate failures like the Easter rising, Hunger strikes, provo campaign of terror 1969-onwards, SAS mercy killings of terrorists. Have you no successes to boast off.