SF: The party of never ending and pointless protest?

johnny365

SF/IRA are a party who at every stage dodge decision making and responsibility, this is very evident in the north and this side of the border. SF/IRA now protest about ridiculous things that have no bearing on the vast majority of people.

Today for example a protest was held outside the Bank of Ireland in Tralee, the protest was highlighting the fact that bank of Ireland won't have the Irish language option on its new ATM machines. A group led by convicted gunrunner Martin Ferris stood outside the bank holding signs, much to the bewilderment of the customers. Many customers like myself were wondering what protest is planned next?

Will SF/IRA ever have the courage to take power or will they always be the party of pointless and ridiculous protests like today in Tralee?

Protest held at Bank of Ireland in Tralee over decision not to include Irish on newer ATMs | Radio Kerry

mangaire2

SF/IRA are a party who at every stage dodge decision making and responsibility, this is very evident in the north and this side of the border. SF/IRA now protest about ridiculous things that have no bearing on the vast majority of people.

Today for example a protest was held outside the Bank of Ireland in Tralee, the protest was highlighting the fact that bank of Ireland won't have the Irish language option on its new ATM machines. A group led by convicted gunrunner Martin Ferris stood outside the bank holding signs, much to the bewilderment of the customers. Many customers like myself were wondering what protest is planned next?

Will SF/IRA ever have the courage to take power or will they always be the party of pointless and ridiculous protests like today in Tralee?

Protest held at Bank of Ireland in Tralee over decision not to include Irish on newer ATMs | Radio Kerry
were you afraid Johnny, that LISTOWEL LAD was knocking you off your pedestal as the nr 1 Shinnerphobic troll here on P.ie ?,
so you had to get back into business.

you truly are the king of never ending and pointless threads.

well, the Bank of Ireland have the Gaeilge option at the ATMs here in Clare, & I use it all the time.
I wouldn't like to see it go.

HenryHorace

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

devoutcapitalist

Sinn Fein are a protest party who pretend to have all the answers, they know nothing about economic issues so prefer to concentrate on cultural and social issues.

Niall996

On one level I hate the rent a crowd, banal, protest at anything mentality that is Sinn Fein. On another level, I hate the Irish option on an ATM. Because it's an extra pointless action that 99% of people are forced to take to satisfy the 1% who should have to take an act to opt in.
But your avatar is Labour! C'mon.

johnny365

were you afraid Johnny, that LISTOWEL LAD was knocking you off your pedestal as the nr 1 Shinnerphobic troll here on P.ie ?,
so you had to get back into business.

you truly are the king of never ending and pointless threads.

well, the Bank of Ireland have the Gaeilge option at the ATMs here in Clare, & I use it all the time.
I wouldn't like to see it go.
Surely a hot button issue! What will SF protest about next, maybe an Irish version of the aldi magazine? Did Toireasa Ferris not make an error when she stated that people have a "constitutional right" to conduct business in Irish, while she is correct that they do, that right does not put an obligation on private companies to conduct business in Irish.

stopdoingstuff

I just got 'RA clearance to start dealing smack from the Divis flats so I am not complaining.

PBP voter

They are even ************************e at protesting.

The alphabet wiped the floor with them over the water issue.

The alphabet with destroy a PSF government on the streets.

The alphabet are in the Dail because of behind the scenes work by the establishment to take seats from PSF.

midlander12

The Irish language train left the station a long time ago. Over 20 years after the Official Languages Act, you rarely hear it spoken even in Gaeltacht areas. Whatever the likelihood is of increasing its vernacular use, legislation will not achieve it. As for this allegedly being the main issue in the NI stalemate, well I suppose a stalemate it is....

Mickeymac

It would appear election fever is now at fever pitch within the a$$hole contributors who troll this forum.........on a brighter note.....it's all good news for SF come polling day.

PBP voter

Mickeymac

The Irish language train left the station a long time ago. Over 20 years after the Official Languages Act, you rarely hear it spoken even in Gaeltacht areas. Whatever the likelihood is of increasing its vernacular use, legislation will not achieve it. As for this allegedly being the main issue in the NI stalemate, well I suppose a stalemate it is....

Most Countries colonialized by the British still speak English, but, most consider their native tongue as sacred,,,,,,,,,WTF is the matter with you?

johnny365

It would appear election fever is now at fever pitch within the a$$hole contributors who troll this forum.........on a brighter note.....it's all good news for SF come polling day.
Yes indeed the Irish option in bank of Ireland ATMs is a hot button issue around tralee and by highlighting it SF are a certainty for electoral glory.

Sweet Darling

"shin fein are only interested in problems not solutions." John Hume

Mushroom

redneck

Very sad to hear a Labour party member ie Johnny 364 slagging off Irish. It was a Labour party idea ,TG4 or TnaG, with Fianna Fail help.
There are plenty of Labour party Gaeilgoiri, including our President (Uachtarán) Michael D Higgins.
It was Eamon Gilmore, a fluent Gaeilgoiri, who stopped Fine Gael and Enda Kenny from dropping compulsory Irish from the leaving cert.
The SDLP are also campaigning for Acht na Gaeilge.

Mickeymac

"shin fein are only interested in problems not solutions." John Hume

Hume was a stoop and he knew the British created the Irish problem, shame on him, if indeed he said that, because on here I believe little of what you SF haters say.

New Threads

Most Replies