SF to end AIW. "Handful of key staff" exempt. Dail workers to be paid more then Nordies.

Truth.ie

Sinn Fein has ended its policy of paying its staff the Average Industrial Wage, and will instead have different wages depending on your post and your geographical position.
Wages will start at 16k but "a handful of key staff" will continue to get paid more than others.
For many it will mean a pay cut from 26k to 16k. Enough to test the mettle of any comrade.
My query however is the decision to pay those who work in Dublin more than those who work in Belfast.
Surely they are doing the same work and working for the same employer.
Also, will these "handful of key staff" be identified and are they family members of the policy makers?

Sinn Féin to end 'average wage' policy due to rule changes - BBC News

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Sinn Fein has ended its policy of paying its staff the Average Industrial Wage, and will instead have different wages depending on your post and your geographical position.
Wages will start at 16k but "a handful of key staff" will continue to get paid more than others.
For many it will mean a pay cut from 26k to 16k. Enough to test the mettle of any comrade.
My query however is the decision to pay those who work in Dublin more than those who work in Belfast.
Surely they are doing the same work and working for the same employer.
Also, will these "handful of key staff" be identified and are they family members of the policy makers?

Sinn Féin to end 'average wage' policy due to rule changes - BBC News
Jebus, I hope no junior staff are trying to pay off any hefty mortgages.

drummed

The oil price drop is hurting everybody these days.

GDPR

Was the Average Industrial Wage due to the history of the The Workers Party where all of their TDs but one walked out on the Party to start a half way house to the Irish Labour Party, in other words become careerist trash, because they couldnt get the membership's blessing for their betrayal?

And before anyone starts The Workers Party opposes strongly the EU and NATO to this which is more than can be said for the Shinners and fearing that the Troubles would lead to wholesale tribal slaughter was in my opinion a legitimate view to hold.

Hibee

Good : this holier than thou AIW is an insult to the electorate's intelligence .

Truth.ie

Does the reasoning for higher wages for Dublin staff make any sense for anyone?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Was the Average Industrial Wage due to the history of the The Workers Party where all of their TDs but one walked out on the Party to start a half way house to the Irish Labour Party, in other words become careerist trash, because they couldnt get the membership's blessing for their betrayal?

And before anyone starts The Workers Party opposes strongly the EU and NATO to this which is more than can be said for the Shinners and fearing that the Troubles would lead to wholesale tribal slaughter was in my opinion a legitimate view to hold.
Gawd luv a duck.

drummed

What the hell does this incomprehensible nonsense mean? Anybody:confused:

Gin Soaked

So the TD's are still controlled by the party in terms of pay?

So still a cult....

freewillie

Does the reasoning for higher wages for Dublin staff make any sense for anyone?
So are they in favour of a Dublin loading for Dublin workers. That won't go down well in the Ballymurphy plantations

Truth.ie

And Slab has the only key to the secret piggy-bank ...... times are indeed hard .....
Might explain the Road to Damascus epiphany regarding their new-found support for the EU.
Lot of money to be made in the Brussels gravy train.

Catalpast

Does anyone really believe that the upper echelons of that Party survive on the AIW?:roll:

All animals are equal....:cool:

automaticforthepeople

So if some staff are getting €16K I presume that that means they are working for less than the minimum wage. At which Ard Fheis did SF decide that people don't have to work for the minimum wage anymore?
It is a bit rich seeing SF support Luas drivers in their pay dispute and yet take an axe to some of their own staff when the party's political expectations in an election don't match the demands.
My sympathies to the SF workers who're getting a pay cut.

Cruimh

It is a bit rich seeing SF support Luas drivers in their pay dispute and yet take an axe to some of their own staff when the party's political expectations in an election don't match the demands.
My sympathies to the SF workers who're getting a pay cut.
If anybody should be taking pay cuts it is the senior staff who managed to balls up elections on both sides of the border .....

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies