SF's Ó Snodaigh to hold overnight vigil outside Dail on eve of budget

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Sinn Fein TD Ó Aengus Ó Snodaigh has announced he will lead an overnight vigil outside Leinster House tomorrow night (Monday) which is the eve of the budget on Tuesday.

The vigil is being held for a "suspension of the Budget and for a general election now."

ONQ

The first homeless politician.

ONQ.

=================================================
Get the Banks Lending Money again so as to enable the Recovery.

Tax the $14 Quadrillion Dollar Derivative Market to repay the Debt.
=================================================

Last edited:

petervalhala

Sinn Fein TD Ó Aengus Ó Snodaigh has announced he will lead an overnight vigil outside Leinster House tomorrow night (Monday) which is the eve of the budget on Tuesday.

The vigil is being held for a "suspension of the Budget and for a general election now."
Sounds more like the Shinners want a suspension of reality!

Why not hold a vigil on behalf of the remaining Disappeared, Cardinal Sean Brady’s in his eulogy at Gerry Evans funeral yesterday said "a great wrong had been done to Gerry Evans. The killers in their appalling wickedness in choosing to play God and acting as judge, jury and executioner."

http://www.thejournal.ie/funeral-for-disappeared-man-gerry-evans-2010-12/

http://www.iclvr.ie/en/ICLVR/Pages/The Disappeared

Last edited:

drjimryan2

election call?.....turkeys calling for christmas? will loose his seat ....

Sync

It's expected to hit -4 and snow lightly on Mon night. He's a loon. I like the idea of "Sher who needs a budget, just put it off" though. Very mature.

Kerrygold

election call?.....turkeys calling for christmas? will loose his seat ....
I'm sure you mean "lose" his seat.

He's under pressure no doubt but given the latest surge to SF (if its to be believed) I think he'll be fine.

ON THE ONE ROAD

in some parts of the world this is normal and camps of protestors are maintained out side government buildings for conciderable periods of time.

liamfoley

He won't get a suspension of the budget, he might get hypothermia.
Hope the budget won't be too savage on the health services that he may end up having to use.
Maybe I am being cynical but I see this as another publicity stunt for the electorate that he will be facing soon. Unless Martin Pacelli McGuinness is looking for a safe SF in the Republic. But sure the Nordies wouldn't do that would they?

factionman

It seems to me Sinn Fein are the only party willing to do anything these days. I know its a pointless excercise, but you wouldnt see any Labour or FG lads sitting out in the cold for any cause.

Sync

It seems to me Sinn Fein are the only party willing to do anything these days. I know its a pointless excercise, but you wouldnt see any Labour or FG lads sitting out in the cold for any cause.
They're certainly the ones trying to grasp the zeitgeist. If it wasn't for their history they'd be even higher in the polls.

He3

Better outside, pissing in.

corelli

You just said it yourself, more or less. Perhaps FG and Labour are simply not into staging pointless exercises in order to pander to more irrational elements of the electorate.

liamfoley

You wouldn't be a member of the party now, would you?
It's about time that people were open with their political affiliations. This is especially true with the new posters. Is it me or has there been an explosion new accounts in the last month or so? Now come clear.

DeGaulle 2.0

Website
ga.wikipedia.org
Didn't SF call off yesterday's march because it was a bit cold?

factionman

You wouldn't be a member of the party now, would you?
It's about time that people were open with their political affiliations. This is especially true with the new posters. Is it me or has there been an explosion new accounts in the last month or so? Now come clear.
No Liam Im not a member of any party to be honest with you if I had a different user name would you ask that:p I'd say the reason for so many new accounts is you just cant hide from whats going on in the country these days, a lot of people are actually talking about politics that normally wouldnt.
They would be too busy with Im a celebrity or Xfactor:roll:

larkin 1913

A vigil wont achieve a whole lot. However fair play to them, Sinn Fein seem to be the only party talking the talk but more importantily walking the walk.

revolution

It's expected to hit -4 and snow lightly on Mon night. He's a loon. I like the idea of "Sher who needs a budget, just put it off" though. Very mature.
if he's lucky it'll be only -4,what a pointless protest
im sure the cabinet will be up all night worried about him:D

agree 100% with protest on tuesday

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies