Shamless Irish Travel Companies Jump on the Royal Bandwagon

seanmacc

Royal wedding: PR companies take advantage - Telegraph

I'm sure Kate and Willy Windsor are hard up for the few quid required for a weekend of boozing in templebar.

Kate and William: Dublin’s on your doorstep, says Irish Ferries

"To celebrate the news that William and Kate are to marry and live in north Wales, Irish Ferries is offering the happy couple free crossings to Dublin.

"'Dublin’s bright lights, great ‘craic’ and top class shops are less than two hours from Anglesey, where William is based,' says Irish Ferries’ Declan Mescall.

"This makes the Irish capital closer and easier to reach than London’s West End – perfect for Kate’s girly weekends when William is flying, or a romantic break for the couple themselves.

"Irish Ferries is giving Kate and William unlimited Holyhead to Dublin travel, in Club Class, as long as they live in north Wales."

Makes you proud to be Irish doesn't it?

alonso

it's shameless that an Irish company with very real links to Wales should use the marriage of the son of the Prince of Wales to promote themselves in a time of recession??? No. It's not.

Cato

I'm sure Kate and Willy Windsor are hard up for the few quid required for a weekend of boozing in templebar.

A company in hard times trying to get some free publicity to improve their revenue. One can hardly blame them.

On another note, it is in our interests to be nice to the British as it appears that they will be a key player in bailing us out. As Morgan Kelly said, we are now reliant on the kindness of strangers. Pathetic as that is.

Finally, proud to be Irish? Presumably you had no control as to where you were born or who your parents were. How can you be proud of something you had no hand, act, or part in? How odd.

Barnacle

How can promoting Irish Business be considered shameless and they are offering travel for free.

seanmacc

How can promoting Irish Business be considered shameless and they are offering travel for free.
How about a promotion offering reduced fares to all the unemployed tradesmen who use their sevices everyday to seek work across the Irish Sea?

DeputyEdo

Shamless or shameless?

You gotta do what you can to survive in these times.

A view from England

Tea Party Patriot

TradCat

If there is money to be made out of this wedding we should make out like bandits. Why wouldn't we?

mickdotcom

I was and will always be proud to be Irish.

What does sicken me is the belittling attitude of clowns like you

who cant see that this is merely a publicity stunt- and if this publicity stunt

brings in a few much needed bob to our Country then well done to their

marketing team-

Your such a dunce even your own party members have distanced themselves

from your opinion.

DeputyEdo

from your opinion.
You know what I'd hate to have happen? I'd hate to call someone a "dunce", but put "your" instead of the correct "you're".

There are many different types of dunce in the world!!

willoughby

Finally, proud to be Irish? Presumably you had no control as to where you were born or who your parents were. How can you be proud of something you had no hand, act, or part in? How odd.
The same way you can be unhappy to be Irish. I'm proud to be Irish. I think Irish Ferries are right to try and capitalise where they can. No harm at all.

Cato

The same way you can be unhappy to be Irish.
That would be equally odd. To allow your emotions to be effected by something you have no control over is most unwise.

fluffykontbiscuits

I was and will always be proud to be Irish.

What does sicken me is the belittling attitude of clowns like you

who cant see that this is merely a publicity stunt- and if this publicity stunt

brings in a few much needed bob to our Country then well done to their

marketing team-

from your opinion.
+1 Mick spot on as usual. Its a case of trying to drum up business. Silyl misguided nationalist ideas have no place .... :)

mickdotcom

You know what I'd hate to have happen? I'd hate to call someone a "dunce", but put "your" instead of the correct "you're".

There are many different types of dunce in the world!!
Thank's for that-

I will always be the first to admit that my grammar leaves a lot to be desired,

and even though one part of me is bristingling with indignation- the rational side is saying- accept it, he caught you fair and square- learn from it.

And seeing as you undoubtedly are wise in the way of the grammar- and I isnt,

There are many different types of dunce
When you mention "types" your referring to the plural- therefore should the plural of "dunce" be dunces-

edor

In the current economic climate an Irish company tries out some fun advertising and it's classed as shameful. The shame lies with the OP for such a shameful thread. And to link it with Sinn Fein by association, as much as I have no time for them is even more shameful.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies