• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Shannon Airport boost for tourism with doubling of capacity

Schuhart

Clanrickard

Unfortunately, it's a boost for Turkish tourism.

Go to Jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass "Go". Do not collect £200.

ergo2

Perhaps we should re-name Shannon Airport as Schuhart Airport?

Schuhart

Perhaps we should re-name Shannon Airport as Schuhart Airport?
Ah, no, that honour would be more fitting for Dev. I mean, Dev was long for no particular reason, with a capacity to enter American airspace without restriction. Fits the bill perfectly.

Dan_Murphy

Unfortunately, it's a boost for Turkish tourism.

Go to Jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass "Go". Do not collect £200.
Surely its a boost at both ends? I mean, if they double the capacity going out they need to double it coming back too.

Schuhart

Its a charter though - the people coming back are the ones who went out the previous week.
But any new routes and seats are good for Shannon.
Yeah, and it's completely consistent with the "holiday at home" initiative, that Shannon region tourism interests have been pleased to support. Obviously, people from all over Ireland should contain their desire to travel abroad and spend their money in Clare. Absolutely no reason for people in the Mid West to repay the compliment.

It's not that I'm obsessed with Shannon. Or, more to the point, there's a reason I find this a rewarding obsession. It's seeing people who know better making comments that they know don't stack up. That points to a bigger issue.

Popular Threads

Most Replies