• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Shared Future

between the bridges

Now that the census has given everyone straws to spin how shall we weave the web? While i may play the little englunger in order to rise a few on here in realty i am a moderate PUL. I am delighted with the growth of those who identify themselves as Northern Irish it's how i identify myself (to anyone who asks including the census).
Like it or not everyone in OWC has grown up in a unique situation which makes us neither truly British or Irish, and no amount of rhetoric from either 'side' can change that reality. So as we slowly crawl towards normalization i look forward to the far off day when there are no sides, just Northern Irish. Hurley on the Shankill and Lambegs on the Falls...
Dia agus Uladh

sowhat

I`m delighted that there is now just a 3% gap between Protestants and Catholics in the north as opposed to almost a 10% difference in 2001.
It`s really great that 46% identify themselves as Irish/Northern Irish which exceeds the 45% Catholic population number. Just 40% see themselves as british now. It`s good to see Protestants as members of not only the SDLP but also of SF now. Times are a changing and Joint Sovereignty is a fair compromise for a shared future until we reach the stage of a border poll and the reunification of our country in the next decade or so.

between the bridges

chara if the census has proved anything it has proved it is no longer solely a sectarian head count, regardless of anyone's views that is a step in the right direction...

sowhat

Agreed. I have met Protestant nationalists and plenty more who are neutral on the union with Britain but I have never met a catholic unionist and in the current climate with loyalist thugs rampaging the streets, I don`t think I ever will.

Mickeymac

Agreed. I have met Protestant nationalists and plenty more who are neutral on the union with Britain but I have never met a catholic unionist and in the current climate with loyalist thugs rampaging the streets, I don`t think I ever will.

There are some on this board sir, but I think they reside in the ROI, not nice folk can I also add.

InsideImDancing

Now that the census has given everyone straws to spin how shall we weave the web? While i may play the little englunger in order to rise a few on here in realty i am a moderate PUL. I am delighted with the growth of those who identify themselves as Northern Irish it's how i identify myself (to anyone who asks including the census).
Like it or not everyone in OWC has grown up in a unique situation which makes us neither truly British or Irish, and no amount of rhetoric from either 'side' can change that reality. So as we slowly crawl towards normalization i look forward to the far off day when there are no sides, just Northern Irish. Hurley on the Shankill and Lambegs on the Falls...
Dia agus Uladh
Unfortunately mate, I think something better will have to be done with the constitutional situation before that will ever happen. We have to go halfers buddy.

sowhat

There are some on this board sir, but I think they reside in the ROI, not nice folk can I also add.
I think they would more aptly be called Partitionists who usually reside in FG..a possible merger candidate for the DUP after the next census when the jig`s up:)

between the bridges

Unfortunately mate, I think something better will have to be done with the constitutional situation before that will ever happen. We have to go halfers buddy.
it is one possibility, but i might leave it till after xmas...

between the bridges

plenty down at the legion...

InsideImDancing

ItsEvolution

Dia agus Uladh
Why are you being so fascist and dictating to people what their national identity is, you are happy with yours why can't you be happy with someonelse. I've an Irish passport im irish im from armagh.

DavidCaldwell

I am one. Most second, third and fourth generation Irish in England would probably have similar views to me if, like me, they came to live in Northern Ireland. For them, by and large, England is home, but Ireland is the home of their ancestors. It is normal that they would wish that there were as few divisions and enmities between the two.

ItsEvolution

I am one. Most second, third and fourth generation Irish in England would probably have similar views to me if, like me, they came to live in Northern Ireland. For them, by and large, England is home, but Ireland is the home of their ancestors. It is normal that they would wish that there were as few divisions and enmities between the two.
so you kiss the popes and the queens ass, why do you lower yourself to two other parasite draconian humans

DavidCaldwell

so you kiss the popes and the queens ass, why do you lower yourself to two other parasite draconian humans
The answer is in your name. Evolution has led to humans being herd animals with instincts for hierarchy and religion. I do not believe in a supernatural deity, but I do think that the Natural World - the mechanisms revealed by mathematics, physics, biology, evolutionary psychology etc - is a Higher Power worthy of our religious feelings and communal ceremony. If going to church makes us happier and better balanced (the evidence suggests it does), then it makes sense to go to church.

between the bridges

Why are you being so fascist and dictating to people what their national identity is, you are happy with yours why can't you be happy with someonelse. I've an Irish passport im irish im from armagh.
seig heil, if your not part of the solution your are part of the...

vaudeville

I know quite a few, I also know some of my brothers friends were Protestant Republicans.