• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Shinners Give Outreach A Sporting Chance

between the bridges

He added: “Figures which I extracted showed that in respect of the ministerial appointments made by minister Ni Chuilin since May 2011 a Roman Catholic applicant was more than twice as likely as a Protestant applicant to be appointed.
“Of 71 Roman Catholic applicants 14 were appointed, but of 70 Protestant applicants only six were appointed; demonstrating a far higher ratio of selection of Roman Catholics by the Minister.”

Sport NI is arms length body of DCAL. Its primary aim is to develop sport in Northern Ireland and its headquarters are at the House of Sport in south Belfast.

Sport NI declined to comment.

In a statement a DCAL spokeswoman said: “Mr Allister’s assertion that DCAL practices a pattern of religious discrimination in public appointments is utterly untrue.

“All DCAL’s public appointments are made in line with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI, and appointments competitions are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments.”
‘Religious bias’ on sports board - Local - Belfast Newsletter

what can one say it's just not cricket...two legs better...

caulfield

He added: “Figures which I extracted showed that in respect of the ministerial appointments made by minister Ni Chuilin since May 2011 a Roman Catholic applicant was more than twice as likely as a Protestant applicant to be appointed.

Wouldn't it be nice if nobody cared what religion job applicants were? The only important thing should be that the best candidate should get the job.
I understand the need to monitor these issues but is it really news?

Ren84

Protestant boys stuck in poverty trap - UTV Live News

http://www.politics.ie/forum/northern-ireland/156385-report-highlights-educational-underachievement-amongst-protestant-working-class-boys.html

Gurdiev

:rolleyes:

Protestants couldn't have much time for sport in between all that marching. Probably reflects the public interest.

Last edited:

Global Justice

Jim Allister :lol: Oh dear the OP is definitely grasping at straws, so much so he probably didn't even realise that he quoted the following:

In a statement a DCAL spokeswoman said: “Mr Allister’s assertion that DCAL practices a pattern of religious discrimination in public appointments is utterly untrue.

“All DCAL’s public appointments are made in line with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI, and appointments competitions are regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments.
He referred to Jim's comments, but not the latter. One wonders why. Oh dear, troll under the bridge. :oops:

Cruimh

Wouldn't it be nice if nobody cared what religion job applicants were? The only important thing should be that the best candidate should get the job.
It is when SF claim to stand for an Ireland of Equals .... so far the equality seems to consist of all SF ministers being equally unfair .... and forget the Ministerial code of conduct

Figaroni

It is when SF claim to stand for an Ireland of Equals .... so far the equality seems to consist of all SF ministers being equally unfair .... and forget the Ministerial code of conduct
Equality scares some people.

belfast1981

Protestants couldn't have much time for sport in between all that marching. Probably reflects the public interest.
you seem to be under the mass disillusion that every and all protestants support the Orange Order, and go to every march and every event. Very narrow minded comment.

Gurdiev

Knowing Gurdiev's postings I'd suggest that the post might have had a smiley as I suspect it was tongue in cheek .
you seem to be under the mass disillusion that every and all protestants support the Orange Order, and go to every march and every event. Very narrow minded comment.
Refer post#11

C

Castle Ray

I agree but discrimination is newsworthy. Sinn Fein's hypocrisy and anti-Protestant bias is exposed every time someone analyses their performance.

DT123