Shocking Attitude to Irish People and Ignorance of Irish History Among Gammon

TS Burbank

I happened on this forum quite recently: Brexit

I was shocked by the openly anti-Irish sentiment among the Brexiteer posters (only yesterday, one suggested that Dublin should be nuked). The really alarming thing is their completely skewed version of Irish history. The site is open to anyone around the world to post their views, but they've taken to calling the few Irish posters who have dared to question their retelling of Irish history 'Professional Micks', and saying we should keep our nose out of brexit.

If you're interested in what raw nationalism looks like, visit the site. If you're disgusted by their views, be sure to let them know. I did.

Burbank

Last edited:

seancape

The day Brexit is finally enacted is the day I lodge a legal claim for reparations against the English for 850 years of ethnic cleansing.

shiel

The EU is the most advanced effort at international cooperation in the world in a continent which was torn apart by imperial/totalitarian wars for centuries.

Efforts by Brexiteers to tear the EU apart backed up by extreme language demonstrates the intolerance of the Brexiteer movement.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
The EU is the most advanced effort at international cooperation in the world in a continent which was torn apart by imperial/totalitarian wars for centuries.

Efforts by Brexiteers to tear the EU apart backed up by extreme language demonstrates the intolerance of the Brexiteer movement.
Have you considered that they simply don't want to be part of a federal Europe dominated by Germany and because the EU wouldn't recant of that direction they felt they were forced to part ways?

silverharp

damn brits thwarting european unification all the way back to Napoleon and then there was that Austrian lad last century

shiel

Have you considered that they simply don't want to be part of a federal Europe dominated by Germany and because the EU wouldn't recant of that direction they felt they were forced to part ways?
The facts are different.

The facts are:

Germany are actually under-represented - with 80 million people they have only the same voting weight as the UK with something like 60 million people.

Their contempt relation to this country and the border is shown by the fact that the open border would be there ad infinitum if the Good Friday Agreement was not torn up by the Brexiteers.

shiel

damn brits thwarting european unification all the way back to Napoleon and then there was that Austrian lad last century
All EU members from the largest to the smallest have a veto on that.

APettigrew92

The Brits have been outplayed.

Since the Spanish Armada they've had free reign over European affairs and have played kingmaker for three centuries. Now their centuries of navel gazing and inaction has led to them having one of the least democratic systems in Western Europe and an outdated approach to modern economics, the latter of which mixed with an incompetent social policy has led to Brexit.

The Germans achieved politically what they attempted to achieve by force of arms twice during the last century. The British - in their arrogance - allowed their French ally to be wooed because the British saw themselves above any European project.

Outmaneouvred, outmatched and outdone.

silverharp

The Brits have been outplayed.

Since the Spanish Armada they've had free reign over European affairs and have played kingmaker for three centuries. Now their centuries of navel gazing and inaction has led to them having one of the least democratic systems in Western Europe and an outdated approach to modern economics, the latter of which mixed with an incompetent social policy has led to Brexit.

The Germans achieved politically what they attempted to achieve by force of arms twice during the last century. The British - in their arrogance - allowed their French ally to be wooed because the British saw themselves above any European project.

Outmaneouvred, outmatched and outdone.
or dodged a bullet, a lot can go wrong in europe , countries kicked out of the euro, an italian default, hell even a French one, Hans wont be happy when he realises his pension fund is made up of Tsar bonds :ROFLMAO:

bang bang

or dodged a bullet, a lot can go wrong in europe , countries kicked out of the euro, an italian default, hell even a French one, Hans wont be happy when he realises his pension fund is made up of Tsar bonds :ROFLMAO:
Another delusional Irexiteer...........sigh.......

raetsel

A lot can go wrong anywhere, including within your own reasoning faculties.................
Consider this: Europhobes have been predicting the demise since around 2010. Nine years later stability is rapidly returning, and we didn't need a war to sort it out.
The major powers of Europe last declared war on one another 80 years ago, in 1939. Have a look at the history of the previous three centuries and see the change.

ON THE ONE ROAD

I happened on this forum quite recently: Brexit

I was shocked by the openly anti-Irish sentiment among the Brexiteer posters (only yesterday, one suggested that Dublin should be nuked). The really alarming thing is their completely skewed version of Irish history. The site is open to anyone around the world to post their views, but they've taken to calling the few Irish posters who have dared to question their retelling of Irish history 'Professional Micks', and saying we should keep our nose out of brexit.

If you're interested in what raw nationalism looks like, visit the site. If you're disgusted by their views, be sure to let them know. I did.

Burbank

perhaps suggest that britain leaves ireland. everyone, with the exception of a few unionists can get what they want in that.

shiel

Great quote from the anti-EU London media;

“The Sun has some advice for Ireland’s naive young prime minister: shut your gob and grow up,”

The Brexiteer attitude to Paddy not knowing his place.

death or glory

Great quote from the anti-EU London media;

“The Sun has some advice for Ireland’s naive young prime minister: shut your gob and grow up,”

The Brexiteer attitude to Paddy not knowing his place.
I couldn't have said it better myself and that's coming from the master of the one liners.

shiel

I couldn't have said it better myself and that's coming from the master of the one liners.
I know.

The Brexiteer attitude is that Paddy should know his place and, as the Sun so arrogantly put it, should shut his gob.

He should not be pointing out the importance of the Good Friday Agreement and that a hard border will not result from Brexit.

That demonstrates that Brexiteers have a sense of inherent superiority to those they regard as the underlings that inhabit the rest of Europe and the survivors of the colonial rule of this country.

Brexit has really brought out for all to see the contempt of the Brexiteers for the rest of Europe and especially for Paddy.

Newrybhoy

The day Brexit is finally enacted is the day I lodge a legal claim for reparations against the English for 850 years of ethnic cleansing.
Take all your diaspora back and there won't be any sign of depopulation.

You have a few million living in the UK you can have back tomorrow.

RasherHash

I know.

The Brexiteer attitude is that Paddy should know his place and, as the Sun so arrogantly put it, should shut his gob.

He should not be pointing out the importance of the Good Friday Agreement and that a hard border will not result from Brexit.

That demonstrates that Brexiteers have a sense of inherent superiority to those they regard as the underlings that inhabit the rest of Europe and the survivors of the colonial rule of this country.

Brexit has really brought out for all to see the contempt of the Brexiteers for the rest of Europe and especially for Paddy.
They are only giving back the arrogance that was shown to them.

After all their democratic vote is being actively overturned, assisted enthusiastically by the Indian Blueshirt.

You can't blame them for feeling hard done by.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies