Shocking video emerges from Portlaoise prison

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfSbsbxmMeA]YouTube - Shocking Christmas party in Portlaoise prison.[/ame]

Is this how we punish dangerous criminals in this country? Is this how we want our tax money spent? Is this a regular occarance in our prisons?

ocoonassa

Is this how we punish dangerous criminals in this country? Is this how we want our tax money spent? Is this a regular occarance in our prisons?
Caviar and champagne with a top rock act headlining at a plush hotel? Bah humbug eh Scrooge?

eoghanacht

Here keith some even have PS2 in their cells.

The idea of prison is to deny them their freedom and allow them to make contacts in the drugs world.

Do you think they live in some dickensian dungeon 4 men to a cell where they sh!te in a bucket in a corner?

Your mistaking Portlaoise for the joy

Isn't the punishment being "locked up"? Do you want them whipped and chained to a wall as well? It's a Christmas party. They still don't get to go home, do they?

eoghanacht

Isn't the punishment being "locked up"? Do you want them whipped and chained to a wall as well? It's a Christmas party. They still don't get to go home, do they?
Only some get 'weekend release'

hiding behind a poster

Big deal.

Keith-M

Website
It's far more than being "locked up". A prison is not a hotel and should not be an entertainment centre for serious criminals.

Last edited:

Red_93

I don't actually understand what's wrong. It's Christmas FFS, and there's not even drink.

eoghanacht

It's far more than being "locked up". A hotel should not be an entertainment centre for serious criminals.
What hotel are you on about?

Have you ever ventured outside of the back bedroom in your parents house?
I dread to think what would happen to your poor,frail mind if you discovered we have a serious drug problem in our prison system

eoghanacht

I don't actually understand what's wrong. It's Christmas FFS, and there's not even drink.
Keith is a throw back to the right wing colonial days where he believes people should be given a good thrashing and fed gruel and maggoty biscuits.

eoghanacht

Keith-M

Website
What hotel are you on about?

Have you ever ventured outside of the back bedroom in your parents house?
I dread to think what would happen to your poor,frail mind if you discovered we have a serious drug problem in our prison system
Corrected above and unlike many here, I'm not some live at home internet warrior.

Of course we have a drug problem in our prisons. If we allow the behaviour in the video to go on in Portlaoise (the home of Ireland's most serious criminals) then is it any wonder there is an issue with drugs. A prison is not a holiday camp, a hotel or an entertainment centre.

consultant

Keith is a throw back to the right wing colonial days where he believes people should be given a good thrashing and fed gruel and maggoty biscuits.
FF philosophy for the general populace. Prisoners do better since some of their cronies have done time.

eoghanacht

It's a PRISON. A place where dangerous people are sent as a punishment. Reconcile that with what's going on in the video.
As it's been pointed out the denial of freedom is the punishment.

The prisoners are having a christmas party ffs.

I can't believe you actually find this shocking

eoghanacht

FF philosophy for the general populace. Prisoners do better since some of their cronies have done time.
Not enough of them and the ones that did probably went to that cushy one in wicklow.

Keith-M

Website
As it's been pointed out the denial of freedom is the punishment.

The prisoners are having a christmas party ffs.

I can't believe you actually find this shocking
If denial of freedom was the only punishment why not send put them up in a hotel, with access to free alcohol?

The whole prison system is supposed to be a PUNISHMENT and to encourage people not to commit crimes in the future. If it's a place where drugs are available and there's knees up paid for by the taxpayer, it's a better life that these criminals would have outside. Where's the punishment in that?

Last edited:

Mister_Jinks

Corrected above and unlike many here, I'm not some live at home internet warrior.

Of course we have a drug problem in our prisons. If we allow the behaviour in the video to go on in Portlaoise (the home of Ireland's most serious criminals) then is it any wonder there is an issue with drugs. A prison is not a holiday camp, a hotel or an entertainment centre.
It is ironic that we try to keep drugs off our streets when we struggle to keep them out of our jails!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies