Should a semi-detached 6 counties go to a referendum?

boldfenianman

That wan's feet are filthy. I realise this thread is a bit rubbish but no thread needs dirty feet.
I agree this thread is not of the highest quality but I did not expect most posters replying to a perfectly sensible question to have Special Needs.

caulfield

I agree this thread is not of the highest quality but I did not expect most posters replying to a perfectly sensible question to have Special Needs.
This is the nordie forum. Sensible debate is a rarity but there are few with special needs. It’s just incomprehensible to normal people.
We hate the Brits. We hate the Mexicans. Obviously we primarily hate each other. However, the thing we really hate is the Brits or Mexicans or Americans patronising us.
I wouldn’t take it personally. We also - as a country - didn’t vote for Brexit although the Christmas loving Turkey branch of the DUP did...
Have you any strong views on James McClean?

Lord Talbot

Right. Brexit and the border. Highly complex subject. Reason for new thread is all the others go off at mad tangents and confuse everyone. Please stay on topic on this one! As far as I can see the current thinking on the EU side is for a Hong Kong solution for the 6. The tories who depend on the DUP for their survival cannot publicly accept a solution where the 6 are politically in the UK but economically effectively part of the ROI. The DUP would seem to have a strong hand. But if the tories were to call their bluff and the DUP brought the Gov down then there would be a General Election which Corbyn , who loathes Unionists and is pro a UI , might just win. Should a semi-detached 6 in any possible scenario have a referendum ? What would be the wording? Should part of the 6 be free to secede to the ROI? Should part of the 6 be able to declare UDI and become a sort of Isle of Man? I don't know any of the answers. You voted for this mess. What do you think?
Try saying Northern Ireland. The 6 counties is so passé.

between the bridges

That is as convincing as the DUP claiming to support Irish based on the fact that the DUP-dominated Bangor has its coat of arms in Irish.

Nobody buys it.
Good job moi's nat selling it, then, ye ballix...

between the bridges

This is the nordie forum. Sensible debate is a rarity but there are few with special needs. It’s just incomprehensible to normal people.
We hate the Brits. We hate the Mexicans. Obviously we primarily hate each other. However, the thing we really hate is the Brits or Mexicans or Americans patronising us.
I wouldn’t take it personally. We also - as a country - didn’t vote for Brexit although the Christmas loving Turkey branch of the DUP did...
Have you any strong views on James McClean?
Reasonable explanation there old bean, but ye forgot to mention the PLO and IDF, and that those apposing partition here support it everywhere else, oh and ye forgot Dresden...

The Sentinel

Right. Brexit and the border. Highly complex subject. Reason for new thread is all the others go off at mad tangents and confuse everyone. Please stay on topic on this one! As far as I can see the current thinking on the EU side is for a Hong Kong solution for the 6. The tories who depend on the DUP for their survival cannot publicly accept a solution where the 6 are politically in the UK but economically effectively part of the ROI. The DUP would seem to have a strong hand. But if the tories were to call their bluff and the DUP brought the Gov down then there would be a General Election which Corbyn , who loathes Unionists and is pro a UI , might just win. Should a semi-detached 6 in any possible scenario have a referendum ? What would be the wording? Should part of the 6 be free to secede to the ROI? Should part of the 6 be able to declare UDI and become a sort of Isle of Man? I don't know any of the answers. You voted for this mess. What do you think?

You come up with this huge pile of shyte and ask us to stay on topic? What an effn joke. You have introduced at least 50 potential topics, I think, - it is impossible to see what the phuc you are trying to have debated.

Se0samh

Reasonable explanation there old bean, but ye forgot to mention the PLO and IDF, and that those apposing partition here support it everywhere else, oh and ye forgot Dresden...
Placing partition side by side with what...:confused:

caulfield

Dresden. Of course.
Sorry McSlaggart...

hollandia

This op didn't pan out as planned at all, at all...

Top Bottom