Should Bill Cullen and Jackie Lavin's "little domestic" be kept out of the courts?

ruserious

Jackie Lavin and Bill Cullen to face off in court over alleged €1m house purchase deal
Jackie Lavin and Bill Cullen to face off in court over alleged

These two are involved in a court case (about a house or something...context not important).

There are still in a committed relationship according to the article.

The court cannot hear the case until after July because of the high volume of cases.

Should they be told to sort out their domestic problem behind the privacy of their own home and come to a solution like any other normal couple instead of clogging up the courts with their attention seeking domestic?

Frankly, I think so.

Accidental sock

Nah....it should be public, and instantaneous.

They should be forced to face off in an amphitheater, and it should be broadcast to every home and village in the country.

For rules, I propose they are given alternate chances to beat each other around the head with the rigor mortised remains of Eddie Hobbs.

Last edited:

The Field Marshal

They are entitled to seek the assistance of the courts in a domestic dispute.

That is what the courts are for.

The idiotic OP does not seem to understand this.

:roll:

eoghanacht

I wish they'd just fvck off.

The Field Marshal

I wish they'd just fvck off.
It would be good for you to attend the court case.

Your anger issues might be helped by an encounter of that kind.

cricket

They are entitled to seek the assistance of the courts in a domestic dispute.

That is what the courts are for.

The idiotic OP does not seem to understand this.

:roll:
Myself and my partner have just had a row about which tv channel to watch. High court, here we come.

The Field Marshal

Myself and my partner have just had a row about which tv channel to watch. High court, here we come.
Have you only the one tv?

That is very rare in Ireland today where the bulk of households have at least 2.

[and colour ones at that]

Speaking of TV it would be great if this court case was televised.

ger12

Jackie Lavin and Bill Cullen to face off in court over alleged €1m house purchase deal
Jackie Lavin and Bill Cullen to face off in court over alleged

These two are involved in a court case (about a house or something...context not important).

There are still in a committed relationship according to the article.

The court cannot hear the case until after July because of the high volume of cases.

Should they be told to sort out their domestic problem behind the privacy of their own home and come to a solution like any other normal couple instead of clogging up the courts with their attention seeking domestic?

Frankly, I think so.
This isn't a domestic problem in truth.

im axeled

theres not much domest behind a 1m house, the winner gets the house and costs paid, the looser looses a house and a moxey in legal costs

The Field Marshal

It is a dispute over asset ownership qua family home between a female "partner' and a male "partner'.

Latterly this would have been described as a dispute between husband and wife.

It is not a business dispute between companies.

I think domestic dispute with company overtones sort of sums it up.

The whole thing should be televised.

willow68

This is yet another attempt to hang on to that particular property..I personally haven't seen her there in a while, so habitual residence my sweet a****. These two are a pair of chancers without shame. Now, having said that, I would use every trick in the book to hold on to that property. Which is worth more than a mere million, but that is a different story. Watching this with interest.. also, better them than a bunch of members of the 1% from whereever. They might be tin.. rs. At least they are our ti... rs.

Betson

Correct , they are essentially both on the same side here, technically Bill is named in the writ but in reality it is a legal ploy by both of them to try and hold on to a property that looks like it will be sold off by the receivers of Bill's company to help pay off of his company's debts.

This is not Jackie V Bill , this is Jackie & Bill V the receivers of Bill's heavily indebted company.

Maction

Correct , they are essentially both on the same side here, technically Bill is named in the writ but in reality it is a legal ploy by both of them to try and hold on to a property that looks like it will be sold off by the receivers of Bill's company to help pay off of his company's debts.

This is not Jackie V Bill , this is Jackie & Bill V the receivers of Bill's heavily indebted company.
Spot on. Nail on the head.

Florence

You have summed this up brilliantly. It is a technical case to try to reduce their business problems. I believe they are what they say - a committed couple. There is no way they would be taking legal action against the other except for the overall benefit of team Cullen/Lavin.

New Threads