Should Cork go it Alone?

ruserious

Cork, with a population of over 500k and a net contributor to the government coffers stands in good position to secede from Ireland.

We would be a larger state than Malta and just behind Luxembourg so we could still hold some relevance in the EU.

We have a huge agricultural base and fishing industry as well as natural gas and potentially oil off our south coast. We have the second biggest natural harbour in the world and a vibrant tourist sector as noted by Lonely World.

Cork City offers everything we need to provide a decent standard of living.

In terms of culture, Cork has always punched above her weight on the national stage providing such talent as Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland and Dennis Irwin to the Irish team.

We can have our own government building at City Hall.

Cork, quite simply is destined for success and cannot reach her full potential while being dragged back by the rest of the yokels who inhabit this island.

Cork Independence is the answer.

We must seize the drive of Collins and bring the home county a new future!

Corcaigh abú!

Desert Boots

Hopefully, and the sooner the better. The rest of us are fed up subsidising it and listening to it.

drummed

Right, sod off so. Good luck!

ruserious

Of course, a significant amount of national income will go to the new border police to prevent Kerry Boggers infesting our lands.

Marcos the black

Jesus.. most people* on here think that the island of Ireland is one political entity because we are one landmass.. their brains would melt if we had 3...

what are you trying to do man?:)

*loosely used.

Lonewolfe

Poor auld Corkies! Always with that chip.

If they were left alone could you imagine the barbaric scenes, the sheer savagery of it all?

twokidsmanybruises

As a proud Dubliner, I'm biting my tongue here :)

Oddly enough, the exact same argument crops up again and again in Germany with Bavaria, in Greece with Crete, and, most famously, with Catalonia and Spain.

Countries only appear homogenous and stable from the outside.

trustno1

Yes, please ph uck off and take your per capita share of our national debt with you.

EUrJokingMeRight

Only if Dublin can secede first so that the flight of langers from a Cork secession dont end up 'in the real capital like'.

ruserious

Yes, please ph uck off and take your per capita share of our national debt with you.

Oh no, that will be staying with the Dublin government. We will also take over the Naval Service in Haulbowline. No treaty ports for ye Jackeens.

R

Ramps

In fairness, Cork Town isn't a bad spot.

My car broke down there once, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could get a latte and one of those free local papers (the Examiner or something, I think it was called) while I waited for the mechanic to do his thing.

trustno1

So no more All Ireland's for Cork....left to play with yourselves. But you Cork boys are all used to that, a bunch of 5 knuckle shuffle merchants.

ruserious

So no more All Ireland's for Cork....left to play with yourselves. But you Cork boys are all used to that, a bunch of 5 knuckle shuffle merchants.
We can have international hurling and football games. Cork Vs The 25.

SuirView

Jesus, isn't Kathleen Lynch from Cork, and as for her husband who is actually employed by this government!!!
Be careful what you wish for.

off with their heads

love to see Monaghan get at Cork thats if Cork can get past Galway at the weekend :p

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies