Should Cork go it Alone?

Rural

Visited Cork for the first time in long time recently (close to 10 years I think?).

Brilliant time and brilliant place. I could even forgive their spurious claims of being the Real Capital as the people are as friendly and smart as I remember.

3 days in the city and 2 around Clonakilty area. Recommended.
Cork people will always recognise and appreciate a good, decent skin like yourself.

A man from here met a Cork man down South of Wexford recently, he asked the Cork man if he knew my Husband (a Cork man). Yer man replied "Sher Cork's as big as China"!:)

cricket

[video=youtube;VvNiZc94aic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvNiZc94aic[/video]

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/an-irishman-s-diary-1.7381

Not even my mother in law, who knew loads of stuff about Cork folk history, knew who DIckie Glue was or what a chevonier was.
Dickie Glue was a jewish moneylender, Hurwitz was his surname, think his first name might have been Richard, hence Dickie. The glue reference was to the fact that, once you became involved in his moneylending scheme, such were the terms and repeat business, he was stuck to you for life.
Ironic thing is that either his son or grandson, Cecil, was Catholic and very involved with the Padre Pio movement, died some years ago.

A chiffonier was a type of chest of drawers.

nationalsday

Visited Cork for the first time in long time recently (close to 10 years I think?).

Brilliant time and brilliant place. I could even forgive their spurious claims of being the Real Capital as the people are as friendly and smart as I remember.

3 days in the city and 2 around Clonakilty area. Recommended.
Oh I'd say that you were booked in to the Ballymaloe School of Cuckery

Last edited:

Bea C

Its ok they were in Vanuatu last month, they're experts in visiting backward isolated societies.
Tralee isn't 'isolated'?

One thing that is funny, though, is watching all day the poor drunks being moved out of the park - the area where the two will be.
As I came down from the post earlier, on the main street, I met a bunch staggering about, plastic pint glasses in hand, one with blood pouring down his face.
Dead Mile Failte.

SEAMAI

Lads, I live AND work right in the middle of the security operation here in Tralee.
Judging from the preparations, you'd imagine it were all for the US president visiting East Jerusalem :roll:
Trying to travel across the city today was a joke with the amount of traffic restrictions, Gardaí every 200m along the M8.

Expose the lot of them

Lads, I live AND work right in the middle of the security operation here in Tralee.
Judging from the preparations, you'd imagine it were all for the US president visiting East Jerusalem :roll:
We had to let the staff in Cork work from home today as they could not access the office and car park until after the circus moved on in the afternoon.

Notachipanoaktree

Cork, with a population of over 500k and a net contributor to the government coffers stands in good position to secede from Ireland.

We would be a larger state than Malta and just behind Luxembourg so we could still hold some relevance in the EU.

We have a huge agricultural base and fishing industry as well as natural gas and potentially oil off our south coast. We have the second biggest natural harbour in the world and a vibrant tourist sector as noted by Lonely World.

Cork City offers everything we need to provide a decent standard of living.

In terms of culture, Cork has always punched above her weight on the national stage providing such talent as Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland and Dennis Irwin to the Irish team.

We can have our own government building at City Hall.

Cork, quite simply is destined for success and cannot reach her full potential while being dragged back by the rest of the yokels who inhabit this island.

Cork Independence is the answer.

We must seize the drive of Collins and bring the home county a new future!

Corcaigh abú!
Plenty, ready willing and able to hold the door open while ye all Fu*ck off into oblivion.

Ye sher ef laangers

RodShaft

Cork, with a population of over 500k and a net contributor to the government coffers stands in good position to secede from Ireland.

We would be a larger state than Malta and just behind Luxembourg so we could still hold some relevance in the EU.

We have a huge agricultural base and fishing industry as well as natural gas and potentially oil off our south coast. We have the second biggest natural harbour in the world and a vibrant tourist sector as noted by Lonely World.

Cork City offers everything we need to provide a decent standard of living.

In terms of culture, Cork has always punched above her weight on the national stage providing such talent as Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland and Dennis Irwin to the Irish team.

We can have our own government building at City Hall.

Cork, quite simply is destined for success and cannot reach her full potential while being dragged back by the rest of the yokels who inhabit this island.

Cork Independence is the answer.

We must seize the drive of Collins and bring the home county a new future!

Corcaigh abú!
We should even subsidize yee to leave. To encourage yee to ************************ off.

Be well worth it.

RodShaft

GDPR

If not the provinces, go back to the great cities !:shock:

[video=youtube;X_Ybe1lihNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ybe1lihNA[/video]
Look where I come from, we still think Ballymena is the capital (boo!) and that Waterfoot got entirely above itself trying to compete with Cushendall when they opened that new tea shop.

Dont they know their place?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies