• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Should John Delaney Resign from the FAI?

• Yes

Votes: 140 72.9%
  • No

Votes: 52 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuirView

More thugby lingo from stanley.

stanley

Sun is probably correct when they say the 5m triggered more interest than normal in how FAI conducted their business and Del Boy's angry reactions to questioning made journos look deeper, you just cannot go around insulting, ignoring and abusing them.

Would hope someone explores the possibility of Del Boy making commissions/monies from McCarthy's and Keane's contracts, he was deeply involved and they were certainly unusual.

Nothing is beyond Del Boy, wonder is DOB still as complimentary about him, given what we know now.

stanley

Neither Keane or MON liked Del Boy, quite the opposite, the monies DOB donated helped to keep them on board.

This article has Del Boy living up to his nickname, he really was a plonker but a dangerous one.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Is anyone surprised?

stanley

From Boards.ie

"The PAC can only ask about govt money, anything else it's out of their remit and Delaney could sue.
I think he showed up to the PAC with Kerins legal team too, so just letting it know as soon as he walked in what his plan was".

It's a very good point as certain lawyers in this country know exactly what the PAC can and can't do, know their way around procedures and how their clients can benefit.

Pretty sure John Rogers acted for Kerins and Eamonn Eames acted for Del Boy.

stanley

From Boards.ie

"The more accurate way of describing that is "Delaney claims FF wanted him".
Though they would be well suited on so many levels.
Delaney also claimed he was offered a job paying a million euro a year.
I always found that one hard to believe. What has he ever done in his career that would make somebody offer him that sort of money ? "

"I don't believe him but that doesn't mean it didn't happen
He always justified his salary by saying he could make so much more elsewhere. I wonder what heads of state used to think of his salary when they net him at various sporting functions.
His Salary even dwarfed the CEOs of the big football associations like Germany,Spain and England etc. Amazing considering Ireland had a part time/semi pro league for most of his time and the National Team relied on 2nd and 3rd generation players from abroad.
Can you imagine him as a Politician on the rise and then a Minister. The people he'd walk over and the endless side deals. Jesus he'd want it all".

Oh dear, poor Del Boy is getting hammered every which way, cannot see him turning up to the High Court pleading for more time to look at files.
Doubt if he is heading out for a few pints in London either, he must be now looking over his shoulder every minute of the day and the bloody book is out on Thursday.

SuirView

From Boards.ie

I always found that one hard to believe. What has he ever done in his career that would make somebody offer him that sort of money ? "

He always justified his salary by saying he could make so much more elsewhere. I wonder what heads of state used to think of his salary when they net him at various sporting functions.
His Salary even dwarfed the CEOs of the big football associations like Germany,Spain and England etc. Amazing considering Ireland had a part time/semi pro league for most of his time and the National Team relied on 2nd and 3rd generation players from abroad.
Can you imagine him as a Politician on the rise and then a Minister. The people he'd walk over and the endless side deals. Jesus he'd want it all".

Oh dear, poor Del Boy is getting hammered every which way, cannot see him turning up to the High Court pleading for more time to look at files.
Doubt if he is heading out for a few pints in London either, he must be now looking over his shoulder every minute of the day and the bloody book is out on Thursday.
Poor stanley,

stanley

No, that stopped about 6 years ago for MON's second contract.

“Denis had been very supportive. I think it was €12.5 million that he contributed over a number of years,” Delaney said. “We had planned for it at some stage not to continue. We knew when we were renewing the contracts this time around that it wouldn’t be available".

This is called planning - Del Boy style, a bit like the FAI will be debt free in 2020.

DOB stopped payments to FAI in 2016.

SuirView

From Boards.ie

I love the truth.

stanley

I love the truth.

You obviously don't understand that inverted commas are also known as quotation marks and what that actually means in my post.

Alan Kelly is/was a personal friend of Del Boy and canvassed for him on a personal basis, by saying "It is important for a county to have a Minister" but you probably don't understand that either.

The truth and you, SV, are very, very far apart.

SuirView

From Boards.ie

Read it and weep, poor stanley!

stanley

Did you even read the articles?
Articles have been read but are you going to make a point, give you a clue, maybe about Del Boy being approached by FF in the past to run for the Dail or maybe Del Boy helping out a "friend".

These issues have been covered in the past on this thread but maybe, just maybe, you are finally going to make a point or God forbid, come up with something new that BD has not already prompted you to say.

stanley

"Will things change?
Only if the FAI and the politicians and money men who can influence it decide on real change – see if we can get a Dutch or a German administration in to run it, an outsider.
Because let’s face it, business as usual will just mean more of the usual funny business".

At least someone is making a suggestion for the future.

Ardillaun

"Will things change?
Only if the FAI and the politicians and money men who can influence it decide on real change – see if we can get a Dutch or a German administration in to run it, an outsider.
Because let’s face it, business as usual will just mean more of the usual funny business".
That would be a good move just for the optics alone. Let’s have some grim-looking Puritan in with no friends to favour.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom