Should Dermot Ahern be Minister for Justice

Tomas Mor

Following his appearance on week in politics last night when he described bail out talks as "fiction"; his travels to London in search of wrongdoing by Ray Burke when he climbed every tree and found nothing; his nasty defence of Willie O Dea in confidence motion when his conduct was a disgrace on very day before Willie had to go, I just wonder if this man is fit to be in the important role of Justice, and sees himself as a possible leader contender ?

flavirostris

I think that question was answered during the Willie O'Dea affair. He clearly puts tribalism & partisanship well above the law

Tomas Mor

I think that question was answered during the Willie O'Dea affair. He clearly puts tribalism & partisanship well above the law

Surely as Justice minister we expect more from him than others. What message does his posturing convey to young disaffected people ?

Goodbody

And now he is running against Gerry Adams in the next election. Hold your nose as the bowels of the Department of Justice unload every dirty little secret they've been storing for the past 40 years.

Last edited:

EvotingMachine0197

Yep. His sniggering and sniping that day was a testament to the character of the guy and an indication of how little respect he has for the oireachtas, the electorate and the law.

loner

No he should not be Minister for Justice and he will no longer be a Minister in the very near future.

Tomas Mor

Yep. His sniggering and sniping that day was a testament to the character of the guy and an indication of how little respect he has for the oireachtas, the electorate and the law.

That was his zero day which he never will live down. Plus fact that law and order has gone out of control under his watch with so many unsolved gangland murders. Remember the Bull and zero tolerance !

Mushroom

That was his zero day which he never will live down.
I suspect that he still has a number of lower levels in his repertoire, but these have yet to be revealed to us.

budgie29

He will be losing his big Merk soon enough. This is FF we are talking about, they have no shame. I saw him last night waffling away his usual shi%e. O'Rourke let him talk about twice as much as Bruton and he interrupted all the time.

He was smirking away oblivious to the fact the country is on its knees. All him and is ilk care about is if they will win their seat back. Doing the right thing and integrity dont even come into it.

Hopefully he will lose his seat but I wouldnt count on it.

Tomas Mor

He will be losing his big Merk soon enough. This is FF we are talking about, they have no shame. I saw him last night waffling away his usual shi%e. O'Rourke let him talk about twice as much as Bruton and he interrupted all the time.

He was smirking away oblivious to the fact the country is on its knees. All him and is ilk care about is if they will win their seat back. Doing the right thing and integrity dont even come into it.

Hopefully he will lose his seat but I wouldnt count on it.

Yes he got more time than anyone else, but kept interrupting as he always does. He seems a bit of a bully to boot !

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

This question needs to be asked of a Justice Minister who introduced Blasphemy legislation?

No is the obvious answer to the question.

invpat

Following his appearance on week in politics last night when he described bail out talks as "fiction"; his travels to London in search of wrongdoing by Ray Burke when he climbed every tree and found nothing; his nasty defence of Willie O Dea in confidence motion when his conduct was a disgrace on very day before Willie had to go, I just wonder if this man is fit to be in the important role of Justice, and sees himself as a possible leader contender ?
What people should remember about "The BootBoy From Dundalk" is he is old style FF.He was the chief whip in Squire Haughey's government so he knows exactly how business is done in FF.He is sly, cunning, and managed to get rid of his opposition in the county the Cowboy Kirk by making sure he got the Ceann Comhairle's job after the departure of that other great patriot from Kerry.He now is a shoe-in in the next election.He has been making sure his pals are being looked after before he loses his ministerial power (see link below)He will stay on the opposition benches untill he see's what way the wind blows and if there is no sign of FF being returned to power he will rejoin is legal firm (which still bears his name) and maybe you never know may end up a Supreme Court judge.He is everything that is rotten and undesirable about FF.

Minister Dermot Ahern insists he was not involved in Mullen appointment as new State Solicitor for Louth - Dundalk Democrat

slippy wicket

The nasty little man is not fit to be Minister for funny walks let alone justice.
Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

slippy wicket

Just saw nasty little man on 6-1 with Dempsey, and it was obvious from dempseys body language that he did not believe a word out of the weasels mouth.

chriskavo

No - he is a member of a government that has committed economic treason and which is currently engaged in the wholesale theft of every citizen in this country.A government full of lies and deceit. A government that doesn't care about it's citizens. A government that enjoys a cosy cartel with criminal bankers - evident by their refusal to have those bankers arrested and put into prison. Anglo won't give the Gardai their passwords and the government doesn't intervene. A national disgrace!

stoichkov

a shabby, unprincipled little man.

New Threads

Most Replies