Should Fianna Fail be banned.

jimbo99

Should Fianna Fail be proscribed as a political party and excluded from the next general election. Many would consider the actions of the FF party and its elected reps as being treasonous. Surely then it would be logical if they were banned from participating in the political process until such time as it could be proven that they had been "cleansed".
RTE would have to then ban live interviews and use actors to explain their views. Of course they have plenty of practice at this already.

Wouldn't it be ironic to have SF in the Dail and FF in the cold.

Berty

Even if this could happen, it would rise again in some other form, in a kind of phoenix syndrome sort of way. And even though they are responsible for this disaster, just look at the voting counts in DSW by-election, they came second! Have people learned nothing!!!!

He3

It is absurd to think all of our political evils are the exclusive property of FF. They are acutely tuned in to some of our characteristics, and are very good at what they do in exploiting those characteristics. But they are not unique.

Man or Mouse

It is absurd to think all of our political evils are the exclusive property of FF. They are acutely tuned in to some of our characteristics, and are very good at what they do in exploiting those characteristics. But they are not unique.
Yes they are and have always claimed to be so.

Nonsence & lies

The new goverment should pass laws allowing for a special prosecutor to question anyone it deems necessary to find out what was going on in this country for the last 5 years particularly. Jail sentences for those who are uncooperative and want to withhold passwords or information. Heads of goverment departments fired if records missing. Pensions confiscated if corruption found etc etc. I think where entitled to some bloodletting.
But alas with enda it'll be investigations this the AG that, european law bla bla bla.

And ************************ the EU, bring back the death penalty

B

Boggle

Should Fianna Fail be proscribed as a political party and excluded from the next general election. Many would consider the actions of the FF party and its elected reps as being treasonous. Surely then it would be logical if they were banned from participating in the political process until such time as it could be proven that they had been "cleansed".
RTE would have to then ban live interviews and use actors to explain their views. Of course they have plenty of practice at this already.

Wouldn't it be ironic to have SF in the Dail and FF in the cold.
Frankly, for their crimes they should be banned - though they should be allowed to stand at this election and the incoming govt instigate a hostile investigation. If it is determined that they put the party before the country/deliberately misled the public/conspired against the national interests then they should be banned from ever standing with their children and grand children banned also to break the incestual cycle.

Berty could be right and they may just reform under another banner but it would act as one hell of a warning for political parties that their dynasty will be wiped out by treason.

He3

Man or Mouse said:
He3 said:
Yes they are and have always claimed to be so.
What they claim is of no concern to me.

The qualities that they have developed so expertly, and deployed to such ruinous effect, are not exclusive to them.

Planning corruption is just one case in point.

In addition, there are some good people in FF. After this trauma, they may just get a chance to rise.

Last edited:
Tempting though it would be, it would only play into the hands of the victim mentality brigade that still infests FF, in rural areas at least. Don't ban them. Make them stand up and account for their failure to behave like an adult political party in an adult state. For too long they have behaved as though they were running a local council, always knowing there was someone else to bail them out. They might bad-mouth the Brits, but the open travel area meant the UK could absorb all those people the FF paradise didn't want (not only economic emigrants but escapees from the boredom of life in an East German-style statelet). Then the EEC/EC/EU came to the rescue, filled the country with money, so we start the ungrateful child act with them. Don't ban FF. Just ask them: "What the hell were you at?"

Newsy

Even if this could happen, it would rise again in some other form, in a kind of phoenix syndrome sort of way. And even though they are responsible for this disaster, just look at the voting counts in DSW by-election, they came second! Have people learned nothing!!!!
Third.

fg just pipped them.

Man or Mouse

What they claim is of no concern to me.

The qualities that they have developed so expertly, and deployed to such ruinous effect, are not exclusive to them.

Planning corruption is just one case in point.
They were all at it. :p

He3

harryshounds

exactly. i could believe it,despite all thats gone on this week 20% od dsw still went ff:eek: its truely shocking to me that some dopes out there would tick ff on a bollot paper

oggy

Getting bored with messages boards as the ABFF are in full control of them. Did find it worthwhile to offer some challenge to the ABFF even if its only a token effort to compensate for the strange reluctance of more FF supporters to get involved. To be honest I sincerely believe its cowardly on the part of the FF who without doubt spend a lot more time as I do browsing.
This thread though is so stupid I am convinced they have a point in ignoring message boards. Yes, I know the ABFF create thread after thread stoking up their hatred on behalf of each other but their has to be a limit to utter stupidity and this thread takes the biscuit. I do believe its time for me to seek pastures anew and leave the asylum to the lunatics

He3

Getting bored with messages boards as the ABFF are in full control of them. Did find it worthwhile to offer some challenge to the ABFF even if its only a token effort to compensate for the strange reluctance of more FF supporters to get involved. To be honest I sincerely believe its cowardly on the part of the FF who without doubt spend a lot more time as I do browsing.
This thread though is so stupid I am convinced they have a point in ignoring message boards. Yes, I know the ABFF create thread after thread stoking up their hatred on behalf of each other but their has to be a limit to utter stupidity and this thread takes the biscuit. I do believe its time for me to seek pastures anew and leave the asylum to the lunatics

kthnxbye

Iarmuid

The new goverment should pass laws allowing for a special prosecutor to question anyone it deems necessary to find out what was going on in this country for the last 5 years particularly.
Plato more then 2000 years ago outlined in The Republic his thesis on how Democracy is always followed by Tyranny. Having experienced first hand the effects of the Peloponnesian wars and Athens descent into tyranical rule by the 30.

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.
Amazing how human nature changes so little in the millenia, the dynamic of Plato's process is so clearly expressed in the post above, regardless of whether it comes to pass or not.

Last edited:

Man or Mouse

Your case depends on showing that only FF were at it.
Aw this is a useless messageboard. When you use teh Quote, only the last post is carried forward.

I actually suggested that your previous post suggested "they were all at it" Typical FF bluster and bullsh...t.

He3

You can carry more than one quote forward if you use the multiquote button - it's the one to the right of the button marked Quote. If you want to 'nest' the quotes, you can do that by moving around (eg) the
Man or Mouse said:
at the beginning of a quoted comment by yourself in reply to one of mine - if you put the
Man or Mouse said:
to the start of the quotations - ie immediately in front of
He3 said:
. Easier to do than explain I'm afraid!

It won't improve your logic though ;)

Last edited:

Tea Party Patriot

In fairness I am no happier with FF than anyone else but to suggest banning a political party in a democracy is beyond contempt.

THR

One thing in politics can be taken for granted and that is that people have unbelielably short memories. Today's villains will grow up to be heroes in opposition if you give it 4-5 years.

New Threads

Most Replies