Should Grid/Octagon/Ring girls be stopped ?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Surprisingly Anne Robinson speaks in favor of grid girls making the point is it any different from pretty girls in music videos, fashion magazines and such like. So what's your opinion gals and guys ?

[video=youtube;eNDvzFL9hHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNDvzFL9hHA&t=190s[/video]

Betson

Of course not , not in a free society anyway.

If that is the job they choose they should be allowed do it without the puritans getting involved.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Of course not , not in a free society anyway.

If that is the job they choose they should be allowed do it without the puritans getting involved.
On the contrary, if the issue is freedom, the puritans should also be free to get involved.

For example, I consider the grid girl thing to be pretty aesthetically challenged and I should be free to express that view.

That said, there are far more aesthetically challenged phenomena than the grid girl thing.

Trainwreck

Surprisingly Anne Robinson speaks in favor of grid girls making the point is it any different from pretty girls in music videos, fashion magazines and such like. So what's your opinion gals and guys ?

[video=youtube;eNDvzFL9hHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNDvzFL9hHA&t=190s[/video]
Are these women enslaved? Are they done I can this under duress?

making waves

Of course it should be stopped - it is objectifying women - the male macho 'hot chicks and fast cars' crap that reinforces misogyny.

12 bens

I always wondered why PO'Neill was kicked out of Sinn Fein.

Now I understand.

stopdoingstuff

Should people be free to work in a role of their choice? Yeah.

hollandia

If your sport needs ring/grid/octagon girls, then the problem is that your sport just isn't entertaining.

You never hear: "Jaysis, Galway were shocking last week, Canning did nothing the whole game, and if it wasn't for the half time dancing girls, I'd stop going to matches altogether..."

Betson

On the contrary, if the issue is freedom, the puritans should also be free to get involved.

For example, I consider the grid girl thing to be pretty aesthetically challenged and I should be free to express that view.

That said, there are far more aesthetically challenged phenomena than the grid girl thing.
Expressing a view and trying to put them out of a job are two different things , you don't have to like what they do but they have a right to do it.

stopdoingstuff

If your sport needs ring/grid/octagon girls, then the problem is that your sport just isn't entertaining.

You never hear: "Jaysis, Galway were shocking last week, Canning did nothing the whole game, and if it wasn't for the half time dancing girls, I'd stop going to matches altogether..."
I think that a Lovely Girls competition would be more in keeping with the ethos of the GAA.

Trainwreck

If your sport wasn’t entertaining and actually relied on grid girls for audience, you would simply slash costs and run wet T-shirt competitions instead.

Roll_On

If it isn't nuns telling women what to do(attractive women in particular), then it's feminists telling women (attractive women in particular) what to do. It seems there will always be a small cohort of women who just have it in for the pretty ones. If those feminists were born 100 years ago they'd probably be nuns, particularly boot faced ones at that.

hollandia

If your sport wasn’t entertaining and actually relied on grid girls for audience, you would simply slash costs and run wet T-shirt competitions instead.
Yes. If you were extrapolating my point to breaking.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Expressing a view and trying to put them out of a job are two different things , you don't have to like what they do but they have a right to do it.
There are a lot of people my views lead me to wish out of a job (see the latest RTÉ thread, for example). Is it bad/unacceptable/unfair of me to wish Brendan O'Connor a change of employment, for example? Or Joe Duffy?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies