• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Should Kenny be got rid of and Martin put in his place?

shiel

The current cheer leading of Martin for Taoiseach in our media is noticeable.

This is being done by the same media that supported the celtic tiger governments for years while those governments were bankrupting the country.

Kenny is being depicted as a muck savage from Mayo who, as one internet commentator put it, should never have been let cross the Shannon.

The underlying message being that he should have been kept down there where Cromwell sent his forebears.

The Dublin media attitude to Kenny is similar to the attitude of the London media to Irish politicians during colonial times ie total contempt.

In colonial times the untouchables lived far away from London especially across the Irish sea.

In our times the untouchables live far away from Dublin especially across the Shannon.

The media agenda is to get rid of Kenny and replace him by Martin.

The irony is that Martin was a member of a government that bankrupt the country but Kenny was head of a government which helped to save the country from the consequent calamity.

But shur what has that got to do with it?

Extra

Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum

Jimmy Two Times

This is being done by the same media that supported the celtic tiger governments for years while those governments were bankrupting the country.

Kenny is being depicted as a muck savage from Mayo who, as one internet commentator put it, should never have been let cross the Shannon.

The underlying message being that he should have been kept down there where Cromwell sent his forebears.

The Dublin media attitude to Kenny is similar to the attitude of the London media to Irish politicians during colonial times ie total contempt.

In colonial times the untouchables lived far away from London especially across the Irish sea.

In our times the untouchables live far away from Dublin especially across the Shannon.

The irony is that Martin was a member of a government that bankrupt the country but Kenny was head of a government which helped to save the country from the consequent calamity.

More bollix. Enda Kenny isn't failing 'cos he's from Mayo and the D4 media don't like him, he is failing because he's sh1te.

wombat

The reason Martin is not Taoiseach is because he could not get enough votes in the Dail, there's no evidence that that has changed.

ger12

FG are filthy, cronyism is rife, corruption is ignored.

How is Enda and FG any different from the FF that helped bankrupt this State? It's not.

Cato

The reason Martin is not Taoiseach is because he could not get enough votes in the Dail, there's no evidence that that has changed.
Exactly, but don't let facts detain the OP in any way.

I suspect that an election will occur this side of next Spring and then the chips will fall where they may. Fianna Fáil could well find themselves in a similar position to FG now: in office but unable to exercise power. One of the main themes of the next election will be to deliver a decisive result in order to return a government that can act, particularly in the face of the Brexit crisis.

ger12

Who did you vote for in the election?
FF, I'm a hoping they've learned from their near death experience. We'll see soon enough.

Thing is Johnny, your boys could have spent the next twenty years governing Ireland but they chose to blow it for greed and cronyism and more of the same. What a shame.

Barna

He may not be taoiseach, but he's The Dame's boss.
Of that there is no doubt.
Kenny is there until Mehole decides otherwise.

Treasure_Ireland

Please provide a link to an article that says Martin should be Taoiseach.

johnnypockets

FF, I'm a hoping they've learned from their near death experience. We'll see soon enough.

Thing is Johnny, your boys could have spent the next twenty years governing Ireland but they chose to blow it for greed and cronyism and more of the same. What a shame.
If when you say 'my boys', you are referring to who I voted for, then you are mistaken. Those, who I voted for are not in power. Anyway, you voted for FF. After all they put this country through. You really shouldn't be judging anybody else is choice.

unit 1

unit 1

Yep 100% correct.

The media are horrified by the idea of a FG taoiseach exiting with dignity and an intact reputation in a time of his own choosing, unlike any FF taoiseach in my living memory (can't really remember lynch)

Barna

If when you say 'my boys', you are referring to who I voted for, then you are mistaken. Those, who I voted for are not in power. Anyway, you voted for FF. After all they put this country through. You really shouldn't be judging anybody else is choice.
Ha!
BTW it's 'else's':roll:

Barna

Yep 100% correct.

The media are horrified by the idea of a FG taoiseach exiting with dignity and an intact reputation in a time of his own choosing, unlike any FF taoiseach in my living memory (can't really remember lynch)
Kenny and dignity????
Give me a break!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies