Should nats vote SDLP or Alliance in the coming UK general election?

Se0samh

Go on then Se thrill me. Explain how unionism was an undemocratic creed...
Go troll someone else...if you are unaware of the history of unionism go read a book on the subject and come back when you are educated enough to sustain an argument...:)

Marcella

Something that's being missed here. If The SDLP form pacts with SF then they can kiss goodby to unionist transfers in the future. I've no idea how significant this is, but it certainly happens.

Personally I think The SDLP, party of Fitt and Devlin, have long memories of the sort of abuse and violence they received of Republicans in those dark old days gone by and this effects their thinking.
Fitt, Mallon, McGrady and Hume are long gone. Eastwood, and the current SDLP leadership have zero experience of whatever it is you’re talking about.

With more opinions polls out today showing a dead heat on a border poll the chances of unionist transfers are going fast.

We’re entering the border poll phase and the unionist voter will vote unionist less their vote be misinterpreted.

Marcella

People choose who to vote for, that's their right. If someone chooses to vote SDLP rather than vote to elect a SF rep then there is a reasonable chance that without an SDLP candidate such voters will not bother voting at all or will vote for a party other than SF. I'm totally against political parties making pacts to try and engineer a particular outcome, let the electorate choose if they want to vote tactically or not.
History suggests you’re wrong. When the DUP pulled out, their vote went to Elliott.

When Sands got a free run in 81, he pulled 30,000.

AhNowStop

Fitt, Mallon, McGrady and Hume are long gone. Eastwood, and the current SDLP leadership have zero experience of whatever it is you’re talking about.

With more opinions polls out today showing a dead heat on a border poll the chances of unionist transfers are going fast.

We’re entering the border poll phase and the unionist voter will vote unionist less their vote be misinterpreted.
Good point..

Mickeymac

Go troll someone else...if you are unaware of the history of unionism go read a book on the subject and come back when you are educated enough to sustain an argument...:)

Mange is aware of most of that, was educated on another forum some years back, but, have to admit, he loves trolling.

Mickeymac

Absolutely Marcella, stoops would be mad to make themselves even more unpopular within the real Nationalist community, read about that idiot Ritchie accepting ermine, what an AH, she resigns from her party than sh1ts on them from the British HOL.

Unbelievable stuff IMO...….

Glaucon

SDLP hostility toward Sinn Féin is alive and well. It'd be foolish to underestimate it.

Mickeymac

SDLP hostility toward Sinn Féin is alive and well. It'd be foolish to underestimate it.

Lets hope they increase that close to election time. (y)

I forecast their total wipeout at May's disastrous election:ROFLMAO:

death or glory

I voted tactically on one hugely important issue last time i.e. to remove a pro Brexit MP from Westminster - nothing else. I'd never voted SF before.
I have voted for Alliance in the past. That is something you can never say, because you vote along sectarian lines every single time. That is what bigoted self confessed Orangemen like you do.
My vote was determined last time by a largely non sectarian issue. Lot's of unionists supported Remain, and still do. NOw fvck off with your dishonest interpretation of my motivations.
Now you are sensitive for someone so obviously bigoted.
If remain was something so important to you as you claimed, anyone with half a brain would have voted for a party who would have used their votes to help remain.
The UUP was neutral over the Brexit vote and now want to enforce the democratic decision of the UK people.

EnglishObserver

You are HOT babe and VERY irish!

(I'm assuming you're a young lady - forgive me if I err)

bang bang

Seeing as SF are abstaining from the UK parliament shouldn't NI nationalists vote for SDLP or Alliance depending on who is likely to get elected?
At least their MPs might have some influence on the direction of Brexit in the event of another hung parliament.
It won't happen, many nationalists in the OSC vote SF precisely because they are abstentionists. Without this choice many simply would not vote.

bang bang

Your bigotry on show yet again.
Voting for an absentee terrorist party just to keep a Unionist who would actually use his vote out.
A sneaky regarder.
A Brexiteer bigot, of course any half decent nationalist would vote tactically to keep him out.

death or glory

History suggests you’re wrong. When the DUP pulled out, their vote went to Elliott.

When Sands got a free run in 81, he pulled 30,000.
No doubt Ratsarse like most other supposedly non terrorist supporting nats let their mask slip and showed their sneaky regarder credentials by voting for an evil IRA dung smearing terrorist.

bang bang

He had so many but Blair Mayne was his longest reigning.
Jimmy Foley and Covenanter was his recent on here sir.
That explains it, thanks Mick. I interacted with him in his Jimmy Foley period. Phuking bellend.

AhNowStop

Now you are sensitive for someone so obviously bigoted.
If remain was something so important to you as you claimed, anyone with half a brain would have voted for a party who would have used their votes to help remain.
The UUP was neutral over the Brexit vote and now want to enforce the democratic decision of the UK people.
You’ve got half a brain dopey ... who did you vote for ?

New Threads

Most Replies